Quote Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
According to the original press release, the offer is open to "Southern California firefighters, law enforcement and rescue personnel". They do not seem to limit it to people who worked on the recent fires. Apparently, they opened up the offer to firefighters from outside of the area who did work on this particular fire. Regardless, the firefighter in question did not say that he lied. He simply stated that he showed his ID and was given the pass. I am stating that I have no problem with firefighters who didn't work on the wildfires getting passes. Somebody has to stay locally to fight house fires and cut people out of crashed cars. I don't envy them either their regular work or the wildfire fighting, but I'm very glad they are doing their job and would not begrudge them a day or two at Disneyland as a reward.
There is such thing as a lie of omission where you are being deceitful by not saying something. By presenting his badge he was leading the CM to believe he was qualified for the discount.