Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Grrrrr... Splash Mountain refurb...

DVC Member

Grrrrr... Splash Mountain refurb...

SM is my and my wife's fav ride. Last xmas/ny it was shut down for refurb as of Jan 2nd so we reorganized our plans to squeeze a few rides in. It's going down for refurb again this year from Jan 1st to Feb 15th. So, if we want to ride it we have to be in MK before the 1st of Jan. We're going to AK for NYE (this will not change) and we were going to avoid MK on the 30th because it will be very busy with the usual Sunday crowd, the people not going to MK on NYE and the people coming for the extra long park hours that day. The 30th is our first day in the parks and we were going to hit DS. Oh well...you know what they say about the best laid plans!

Don't feel sorry for us though (we were also there this past July and rode SM 6 times) I'm just a little surprised they would refurb/shut-down one of their most popular rides for the second year in a row at the exact same time of year (a farily busy time at that). Oh well...Guess we'll just have to find a way to make do with the rest of WDW What a shame

2. # ADS

Yes Grrr, I was just as unhappy as I was planing a trip in early Jan. and that is my favorite ride. And yes, not that I haven't been on it before - but I will miss it!

Blog Entries

Grrr is an understatement for me! I haven't been on Splash for 21 years and the rest of my family never has. I remember Splash from our vacation when I was 13 and I was looking forward to experiencing it with my family. However, I do know that it is the off-season, and I had been preparing myself for a top ride to be in refurb. I was just hoping it would have been anything but Splash. We will live though, we will live!

Kim
    I finally "get it" I truly, truly do.

Hopefully it won't be delayed or anything cause I'm going Feb 19th!

WDW Feb 19th!

It was closed last January when we were there and now you say it will be again this January. Not happy to hear about that, but at least it is not RRC which was also closed last January, meaning 2 of our favorite rides, and both E ticket ones too. It makes me wonder if they figure people don't want to get wet in the winter.

I was disappointed to hear that too because the trip we are taking in January to WDW will be our first, and probably our only one there. We have Disneyland APs, so we've ridden it there, but I really wanted to be able to compare the two since I don't like the way you ride in the boats at Disneyland. I think sitting side by side in the boat would be preferable to riding behind each other. I noticed that Snow White will also close for most of my trip, so I have to plan that one for our first day there.

oh no!!!! i am sooooo disappointed. I am heading to WDW for my first trip Jan 29 - Feb 8 and SM (which is one of my fav DL rides) was right at the top of my MK must-do list because so many people have said that it is much better than the DL version. WHAT a blow!

we head out for WDW in mid-January...I "broke" the news to the boys last night, but my husband was by far the most disapointed!