An "avatar" is a very small image or photo that appears under the username. Avatar requirements:
- Size: Avatars are limited to being no larger than 150 by 150 pixels or 23.4 KB (whichever is smaller).
- Copyright: You must own the right to publish the image. You may not use an image that is copyrighted by someone else unless you have explicit permission to do so. You should be OK if you took the photo yourself, or drew an image yourself. You may not use an avatar that is derived (or cropped) from an existing image by Disney (for example, from their Web site). You may also not use existing photos of celebrities or cartoon characters, unless either you took the photo yourself, or the photographer/distributor gave explicit permission for you to reuse it. Use of logos and images from sales/marketing material specifically meant for redistribution are allowed (including "buddy icons," as long as the fine print for the images specifically allow use of them in other systems). NOTE: You may use images created by the Federal government (as well as most government entities in general); such materials are not copyrightable, as they are owned "by the People."
- Community guidelines: Avatars must conform to our community guidelines; images that incorporate obscenity, profanity, or pornography are not acceptable.
- Animated gifs: Animated gifs are not allowed.
- Disclaimer: We may change the policy regarding avatars at any time in the future, such as asking to change the maximum allowable size.
You can add, edit or delete your MousePad avatar in your User Control Panel.