Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Sonic and In-n-Out Burger question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sonic and In-n-Out Burger question

I was wondering about these two restaurants as we don't have them here in alberta so any info would be great also i did look at older threads and found some info about where they are but they mention they are by a character warehouse i was wondering if this is the one by Target? before the block at orange . We will be taking the ART to target so i was curious
    Thanks

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

No, that's not by Target.

Target is a few blocks South of Disneyland, on Harbor. (It's just about a mile.)

The character warehouse is North of Disneyland, off of Harbor. (About 3.5 miles.)

I can't speak for Sonic but In N Out Rocks.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    No, that's not by Target.

Target is a few blocks South of Disneyland, on Harbor. (It's just about a mile.)

The character warehouse is North of Disneyland, off of Harbor. (About 3.5 miles.)

I can't speak for Sonic but In N Out Rocks.

Adrienne
    Thank you. I was told that there was a character warehouse across from target but oops i was wrong .
    Both of the places look so good lol

In-n-Out is really good, but the menu is very limited. Pretty much just hamburgers, fries, and drinks (soft drinks or milkshakes). Everything is made fresh and is quite tasty. The employees are really nice, at least at the ones I've been to. It's definitely worth checking out. I've never been to Sonic.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

You can also get grilled cheese at In N Out.

ETA: To clarify - In N Out and Character Warehouse are in the same shopping center.

Adrienne
    Cheeseburger Animal Style. Trust me....

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Disneyland Regular

In-n-out does have a limited menu, but they have a lot of "styles" that are not on the menu. Ask about them and you will learn there is Animal Style (special sauce), Protein Style (lettuce instead of a bun), etc.

Sonic is a car hop. The one by the character warehouse is typical, and has parking spaces where you order into a speaker right from your parking space. They come out and deliver the food right into the car. Very 1950s. They are also well known for their specialty shakes, like peach and kiwi.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytebear View Post
    In-n-out does have a limited menu, but they have a lot of "styles" that are not on the menu. Ask about them and you will learn there is Animal Style (special sauce), Protein Style (lettuce instead of a bun), etc.
    Official In N Out Secret Menu

Unofficial Secret Menu with even more options

Here's the wikipedia article on the topic

Adrienne

Oh stop

Quote Originally Posted by Kricky View Post
    In-n-Out is really good, but the menu is very limited. Pretty much just hamburgers, fries, and drinks (soft drinks or milkshakes). Everything is made fresh and is quite tasty. The employees are really nice, at least at the ones I've been to. It's definitely worth checking out.
    They do very few things, and they do them very well. This is a benefit, not a drawback.

And In-N-Out the only place I know of that when the employees ask "How are you?" they take an interest in your answer. Every time.

--t

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tod View Post
    And In-N-Out the only place I know of that when the employees ask "How are you?" they take an interest in your answer. Every time.
    Many people on this board know my friend MammaSilva. When we go out to eat we're two moms, four kids including young children and a lovely young woman with special needs.

In N Out is one of the best places to take our crew. They go above and beyond every time helping us with our special requests, getting everyone settled with our food, bringing all the stickers my kids ask for, etc etc Without us asking.

Adrienne

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof4 View Post
    I was wondering about these two restaurants as we don't have them here in alberta so any info would be great also i did look at older threads and found some info about where they are but they mention they are by a character warehouse i was wondering if this is the one by Target? before the block at orange . We will be taking the ART to target so i was curious
    Thanks
    In-N-Out is a southern California institution, Sonic seems like a Johnny-come-lately. If I were going to choose one over the other...I'd choose In-N-Out for that reason alone.

Wow, didn't know either were such a big deal. I am lucky that I have both Sonic and In N Out within a half mile of me

Just teasing. I am very lucky to have both hamburger places in the city that I live in. Sonic is really not that big of a deal. The idea of it is cute, but In N Out is great!

Quote Originally Posted by lordog View Post
    Wow, didn't know either were such a big deal. I am lucky that I have both Sonic and In N Out within a half mile of me

Just teasing. I am very lucky to have both hamburger places in the city that I live in. Sonic is really not that big of a deal. The idea of it is cute, but In N Out is great!

Sonic brought their Happy Hour back!!!

Routh 44 Cherry Limeades for $1.04!!!! Yum!!!