Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: I'm Back From WDW

I'm Back From WDW

Hi folks, well i am back from WDW and must say thanks to everyone on here for giving me those little tips to help with the vactions. (the dole whips i must say were awsome) i will be putting my trip report on here shortly but with 14 days to write up it may take a few days, especially trying to get my sleep patteren back to the way it was.

I must say WDW was better this time as it was the frist time me and my family stayed on WDW property and from now on we will only stay on it. the dining plan was excellent and so were all the cast members .

just a little disapointed that their Haunted Mansion and Spaceship earth were not on, but did get to go on R'n'R for one of the last times before it closed.

And to everyone else who is a Hidden Mickey fans, i bought the book on it while in epcot how addictive is mickey spotting but it cures the bordom while queing for attractions

Well got to go

I will repost a trip report soon]

Gareth

P.S. Need help with my 2009 Honeymoon Vaction

2. # ADS

cant wait to hear!

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay

ditto!

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Glad you had such a good time -- also anxiously awaiting the report!!

Isnt it fun to look for the hidden Mickeys

The great thing about writing a trip report is that you kinda get to "re-live" the trip as you write it ...

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" -- Donald Duck

Hi and welcome home

Are you from the UK? We never stay on WDW property so really interested to hear your views on this.

Looking forward to hearing about the trip, hope you catch up on sleep soon.

WDW : '95, '98, '99, '01, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09
    Disneyland Paris: '02, '05

Quote Originally Posted by mazzie View Post
    Are you from the UK? We never stay on WDW property so really interested to hear your views on this.
    MAZZIE - I'm from UK and have stayed on an off resort. Honestly - on resort is just a different holiday. I'll never stay off site again. You should try it. If you're sticking to mainly Disney stuff you don't even need a car!

its just not something I've ever considered, have stayed onsite in Paris but thats a completely different ball game.

Where do you find the best deals to book onsite?

its just not something I've ever considered, have stayed onsite in Paris but thats a completely different ball game.

Well we booked a package with Virgin last time but I've done a lot of research since we got back and I think we were stung for more than we needed to be! The disney on line system is really good for getting prices with/without tickets both the US and UK site but you can't get the same tickets on the US site as we can get here. However, with the being so strong it's worth getting prices from both sites I think and doing the conversion. The free dining plan is available from August 10th (can't remember the end date) but you have to book before mid November. I keep looking on allears for discounts but they don't seem very applicable from our end. I did read that you should ask if there are any special rates if you call disney themselves and might get lucky so I'd do the US/UK official site comparison idea then ring as well and see if this gets you a better deal. Of course, the flights are the sting!!! I'd be there every year in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the cost of flying... Where do you find the best cost flights? We fly economy. Paid for an upgrade on the way home to premium economy last time (800). What a waste of money. Should have saved it towards next holiday insetad

I've never booked anything from this site, but I visit it sometimes for news and hidden things in each park. It lists hotel and tickets for the UK. It is
    www.wdisneyw.co.uk I got the site originally from UOG, but lost it and asked about it here at MP and found it again.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Where do you find the best cost flights? We fly economy. Paid for an upgrade on the way home to premium economy last time (800).
    I find the best travel ive flown with to WDW and orlando are Travel City direct. The only problem with them is that they fly to orlando sanford airport about and hour away. But you can get a decent Fly drive offer from them.
    so you could book your hotel and tickets through disney and get the fly drive package through Travel City Direct take a lookhttp://www.travelcitydirect.com

Cool

How was the weather?

If you found your laughing place, how come you aren't laughing?

I've flown with both Virgin and Travel City Direct, and it would have to be Virgin. When we flew with TCD, coming home the plane was delayed coming in (could happen with anyone I know), but they had a major problem with the toilets coming out, which were not fixed so halfway home we couldnt use the toilets as they were out of order. The smell was absoultely awful (TMI sorry!) and it put me off. Having said this, this was when they used European Aviation and I believe they have vastly improved their service since then. I do, however, book accommodation with TCD and I have booked Virgin flights through TCD as sometimes you can get just as good a deal. We also have a Virgin Atlantic Credit Card, which for every pound spent you get an air mile, these can then be transferred for free flights/upgrades etc. I only use the card when I actually have the money so I pay the bill off every month. It just means I'm getting something back for my money, but you have to have willpower not to use the card for purchases that you cant afford! Interest every month doesnt make the upgrades free. If you book your flight using the card you also get extra miles for that.

Like you say scooby, if it werent for the flights we would go every year no question. We tend to go every 18 months/2 years, which is the only way we can afford it. We moved house this year so we decided it was a house or holiday and the house won. Needless to say I am in serious withdrawal....