Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Character Calls

Disney Character Calls

I noticed that if you book a package through Disney. You get a free Character call. Does anyone know if this is available to those not booking through Disney?

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney
    "That's it! I've had it with you and your emotional constipation!" Tantor in Tarzan

2. # ADS

Disney's Enchanted Call

Yes, you can pay for the call from a character. I found it while doing research for my upcoming trip but I have not used it myself. The cost is $2.49per call and here is the link to the info https://secure.uvoxnetworks.com/disn....html?affno=66

If you do use it let me know how you like it. I was thinking of using it for my kids birthdays.

Thank you Party Magic for the info. I think I am going to try it. I will let you know it goes.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney
    "That's it! I've had it with you and your emotional constipation!" Tantor in Tarzan

Awesome, I look forward to your feedback

Our vacation earlier this month came with the character call, it was very cute my grandson ohh'd and ahh'd while mickey and goofy were awaiting his arival at Disneyland , and of course it informed us of the link for calls for special occasions eg: birthday, job well done, wake up etc.. I will definitely consider using these call for special occasions for a the price of couple of candy bars or a small reward the phone call from a favorite disney character will be remembered long after a treat is eaten or a small toy is lost.I liked the feature of being able to reschedule the call up to 1 hour before the appointed time since life does change , hmmm my 26 year old would get a kick out of one for her birthday or a wake up call.

We used it in April, when we suprised the kids with a trip to DL. It was very fun!

Linda

I got my girls the Character Calls for Christmas last year (yeah, that's all they got for Christmas, lol....jk!), and they loved them! My younger two are 8 and 13, and my youngest was super thrilled, while the older one thought it was cute and fun. My oldest, at 14, only got one so it would appear more realistic to the youngest. She thought it was cute, but kinda silly too. I think if she could have gotten a call from Jack Skellington she would have been more enthused, lol.

A very merry unbirthday to you!!

I mad my reservations through the walt disney travel company does that mean we get a call, or is that for people staying in the Disney hotels?

Our first family trip to the Land of Magic April 2008

I set one up as the wake up call for my DD (16) for our last trip. I think she thought I was nuts. lol She would have been more amused had she not gotten up early and been in the shower when the phone rang though.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***
    Enjoying the sunshine and blue skies of Phoenix between Disney trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Partymagic View Post
    Yes, you can pay for the call from a character. I found it while doing research for my upcoming trip but I have not used it myself. The cost is $2.49per call and here is the link to the info https://secure.uvoxnetworks.com/disn....html?affno=66

If you do use it let me know how you like it. I was thinking of using it for my kids birthdays.
    My 15yo was having some anxieties about starting HS this year. It was amazing that a call from one of her favorite characters (Tigger) could have such a calming effect.

Take me to my city by the bay... Mrs Mouse's Avatar

Two quick questions about the Character Calls:

1. Do you get to choose what character calls you and do you have any input as to what they say?
    2. Do they do this for WDW also?

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. ~ Charles Schulz

Hmmmm.....maybe a call from Minnie or Cinderella would convince my 3 year old to go in the potty..........worth a try I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mouse View Post
    Two quick questions about the Character Calls:

1. Do you get to choose what character calls you and do you have any input as to what they say?
    2. Do they do this for WDW also?

Not sure about the free calls you get when booking a reservation, but when you pay for the call you have some choices. First you pick a characters (mostly princesses, Mickey, Pooh and Tigger), then a theme (6 different main themes), then they ask a few more questions. At the end it will show you, in writting, what the character will say. Take a look at the link, earlier in this thread, from partymagic.
    Linda

I wish they had an option for relationship: friends. It's all geared towards kids... I guess it is a childish thing, but I know some of my friends would like it.

DLR: 1982, 1987
    DLR & DCA: 2007, 2014, 2015
    WDW: 2016

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhoody View Post
    I wish they had an option for relationship: friends. It's all geared towards kids... I guess it is a childish thing, but I know some of my friends would like it.
    Reading some of the scripts, you could use them for friends. I'm thinking of doing one for my son for his 22nd birthday.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

I agree with Malcon10t, we have a family friend how is going blind. She is a huge Cinderella fan, so we are putting together a couple calls from Cindi to her. I'll let you how it works out when we get it done.

I, for one, don't care if the calls are geared for kids. I'd love to get a call from Alice (though I'm pretty sure she's not one of the options).

I know I could send them to my friends anyway, but it says "Your sister told me..." or "your mom said..." etc.

How are you guy going to get around that? Just wondering... because I know some of my friends would just love it.

DLR: 1982, 1987
    DLR & DCA: 2007, 2014, 2015
    WDW: 2016

Max got a wake-up call from Mickey Mouse for his first day of Kindergarten on Wednesday. He looked at me with a big surprised grin and said, "It's Mickey Mouse!" then he started giggling. He hung up and said, "he knew it was my first day of school today!" I asked him what was the funny part, and he laughed and said, "he just talks so fast!!!" It was a great treat for him, I am thinking of sending myself a call from Snow White when it's MY first day of school too!

==Wendi==
    2007 WDW @ AKL ~ 2006 WDW @ AKL ~ 2005 WDW @ Pop ~ DLR Too Many Times To Count!

Blog Entries
    I know I could send them to my friends anyway, but it says "Your sister told me..." or "your mom said..." etc.

How are you guy going to get around that? Just wondering... because I know some of my friends would just love it.
    Many of them have the option for "Friends" or "a Special friend".
    Planning 3 trips at once...

It is hard with the "pre-set" options. I am doing the "Your going on a trip" option, even though we are not leaving till the next day. I still think my son will get a kick out of it.

Heh heh, I just had to post this:

My 13-year-old daughter is a HUGE Disney fan, especially of Princess Aurora. Her birthday is in November and she just sent out her birthday list. On the list she requests a Disney Character Call, lol. She'll get one (from Princess Aurora, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Goosegirl View Post
    Hmmmm.....maybe a call from Minnie or Cinderella would convince my 3 year old to go in the potty..........worth a try I think!
    Cinderella called when we finally tried the potty.