Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: All-Star Movies questions

All-Star Movies questions

My husband and I will be at ASMo Sept 10-15 and as you can tell by my moniker, we are of a mature age. I have reservations for a preferred room, have requested a king bed and we will have a comp fridge to put my husband's meds in as he is a diabetic.

We would like to be as near the front as possible to make it easier for us. From what I understand, you can request a specific building, but how soon can you make that request? Do you think that Fantasia would be a good building for us? I do know that there will be a lot of children as ASMo which I have no problem with, but has anyone suggestionns as to which floor of Fantasia might be better for us (if we can get it)?

He has to eat a good breakfast and I eat mainly cereal or fruit. Are there many cereal to chose from in the food court or anything like a fruit bowl? Do you think I could tak my own cereal and bowl and just buy the milk there?

We will have our own car there and I have mixed feeling about whether we should ride Disney transportation or drive to the parks. Any advice there?

This might be our last trip together to Disney and I want to make it as special as possible.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have a preferred room, you SHOULD be near the front of the resort anyway - but someone who's more familiar with that may be able to add their two cents. Also, I think there maybe limited king beds in the preferred building, so you don't want to request yourself out of options, if you know what I mean. You MAY be put in an accessible room, which would be on the first floor.

Last time I stayed at Pop I think I was in a preferred location (didn't pay for it, but it was darn close), on the first floor, in a king room (again, didn't request it, but I was solo that trip), with a roll-in shower and already equipped with a small refrigerator - so I kind of got the impression that the accessible rooms were pre-equipped with refrigerators for medicines.

I've gotten cereal in the food courts before (I generally eat cherrios or similar when I eat cereal), and I think they all had a fruit bowl/cup of some sort as well, in addition to yogurt and bagels, which I kind of put in the same category of breakfasts. You could also buy whole fruit (bananas, apples, etc) which might work for you, too.

Personally, I hate driving at WDW - and others hate taking the bus. I think it's highly personal preference thing.

It's going to be HOT when you're there. I believe diabetics are even more prone to heat-related illnesses than the general public, so please make sure and drink enough water, take enough breaks, etc to keep either of you from getting sick!

Walt Disney World Fanatic

Fantasia is a preferred location at the ASMo. There is a pretty good selection of items at the food court.

2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    2007 - Polynesian
    2009 - Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by oldmouser View Post

This might be our last trip together to Disney and I want to make it as special as possible.
    This is just the sweetest thing I have heard in a while...I just had a "fast forward" about 30 years to see me and my DH in the same position. Thanks for the smile, I needed it.

My DH, DS and I will be at WDW the 8-15th of September...hope to see you. I usually am the biggest cheering section Disney transportation has, but in your case, I might take your own car. If your DH tires quickly due to the heat, waiting for a bus to take you back to the hotel could push him over the edge. If the weather is not too bad (which I am hoping for since we will be there the same time) the Disney transportation might be OK. Please do take it easy and keep hydrated. Have a Magical Trip, full of Magical Memories!!!
    Better keep your eye on me...I'll go coastal on ya....

Hello! We stayed at ASMo last Sept in the Fantasia building (preferred rooms) - we were in the bldg with Mickey's Sorceror Hat to be specific. It was a very short walk to the Food Court and bus lines. They had very nice fruit bowls in the Court as well as other a la cart fruit, lots of yogurt, and cereal too. I would think you could easily bring your own cereal and bowl and just purchase some milk at the court and keep it is your fridge so you can eat whatever you like. You can also get nice fresh fruit bowls throughout AK and MK (I would guess MGM and Ep too) at snack stands and small souvenir areas. We brought water bottles with us that had purifiers attached so we could constantly have fresh and cold water with us. It will be hot while you are there! I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip. Best wishes!!!

Many thanks

I thank those who responded. We already have many water bottles to stay hydrated. We both drink a lot of water, so I think we will be okay there. My main concern will be where we will be at ASMo.

Don't assume that the preferred rooms are nearby the front of the hotel. They used to be, but starting last year (I believe, it was the first time I encountered it) they re-classified every room as preferred with the exception of the ones that were at the extreme ends of the property. I laughed, because last year was the first year I "splurged" for a preferred location, and eneded up further away than I had been in years past at the "standard" location.