Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teppanyaki closed longer than scheduled

Teppanyaki closed longer than scheduled

Teppanyaki was supposed to reopen from refurb on Aug 21. I found out from another site that it has been extended to AT LEAST Sept 15.

This bothered me because I had ADRs for 8/31, and had not heard anything from Disney, so I called, and they confirmed that indeed- they will not be open until "hopefully late September" according to the CM.

Because the most recent WDW park update here on MP still shows the Aug 21 date, I thought I would pass along the info! I would hate for anyone to show up thinking they still had a good ADR and not be able to get a TS anywhere with the free dining crowds. As it was, I could not get dinner that night at any of the 10 places on my list, so I ended up with a lunch ADR.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did Disney say anything about if you were going to get called, were supposed to have been called, or anything like that? Seems like 'good service' would dictate trying to let guests know before they had to eat a hot dog for dinner that night!

They apologized for the inconvenience, but made no mention of any plans to call and notify anyone of the change. She did ask me how I found out about it, and I told her from a message board. I said "I wish I would have been notified sooner, so I would have had a better chance at replacing the ADR" and she apologized again.

The CM I spoke to was very friendly and apologetic, but I am still upset that Disney did not make any kind of effort to notify me of the change. They have all my info attached to the ADR. The thread where I originally read about this has replies from many (dozens perhaps) of people in the exact same situation, and none of them found out about it directly from Disney.

I had reservations for Aug 27th at Teppanyaki. I received a call from disney dining at 6:30 today and was informed by the CM that the renovation would not be complete until at least Nov 15th. The CM was very apologetic and said he would stay on the phone until I was satisfied with my new ADR. I wasn't prepared to make another choice, but I was able to get an ADR at San Angel for the same night and almost the same time. (It was the first one I asked for) It wasn't difficult at all. The CM said that in order to make up for our inconvenience, he would give my family preferred seating at Illuminations that night. I don't know how big a deal that is, but at least I know I don't have to run around looking for a good spot to view the fireworks. I thought that was a nice bonus. He said I would be seated with others who had been inconvenienced by the change. By the way has anyone eaten at San Angel's? Any feedback?

AP holder - WDW Frequenter

San Angels is very good, the atmosphere is amazing.

Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

I hadn't heard November! I had heard October, but also heard that some people were trying to make reservations for after Oct 15th and still not being able to. So sounds like even longer !TOO BAD! We love this place and had plans to go next month, and am bummed so many others will experience our same disappointment.

Sharon
    "PIN SUCKERS" UNITE!

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion...

Blog Entries

I'll have to check that out, we have a ressie for Oct 26. If they still will be closed we will have to find another place for the 6 of us to eat.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkmom View Post
    I had reservations for Aug 27th at Teppanyaki. I received a call from disney dining at 6:30 today and was informed by the CM that the renovation would not be complete......

I'll be leaving for WDW on 8/31, and have ressies for Teppanyaki (I forget which day, exactly) and haven't been contacted by Disney Dining. Hmm......

Quote Originally Posted by SpamPutney View Post
    I'll be leaving for WDW on 8/31, and have ressies for Teppanyaki (I forget which day, exactly) and haven't been contacted by Disney Dining. Hmm......
    Call them. It is most definitely closed, and you will want to make other arrangements. Though at this late date...your choices will be very limited, if there is ANYTHING. :/
    Sharon
    "PIN SUCKERS" UNITE!

Blog Entries

I just got off the phone with WDW-DINE. I was told that the resturant will be open by OCT 14th.

~Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Did Disney say anything about if you were going to get called, were supposed to have been called, or anything like that?
    It is their policy to call when this happens. I got a call a few years ago when Akershus closed down for remodel. I was very appreciative of this level of customer service. Perhaps they still intend to call everyone within the next week or so?
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by KJSJpipe View Post
    I just got off the phone with WDW-DINE. I was told that the resturant will be open by OCT 14th.
    Another example of not anyone really knowing what's true. Someone else said they were transferred to a special department when they called to change ressies, and the CM said they are not opening until November for sure. And here you hear October 14th. NO wonder we chat in circles around here, trying to figure things out!
    Sharon
    "PIN SUCKERS" UNITE!

BuryMeInTheCaribbeanW/Pirates
    Did Disney say anything about if you were going to get called, were supposed to have been called, or anything like that? Seems like 'good service' would dictate trying to let guests know before they had to eat a hot dog for dinner that night!

I have an ADR at Teppan Edo for dinner on Oct. 2. Should I trust the info on the board and change my rezzie or should I wait for a (possible) call from Disney? I really can't move away from EPCOT since I Have a F & W Pairing at the Marrakesh (Mediterranean Flavors) from 3:30 to 5:00 and hope to catch the Beach Boys for the 8:15 show.

I was looking forward to eating Asian. I guess that Nine Dragons may have to suffice despite some mediocre reviews. I'm already booked at Akershaus, Le Cellier (for lunch, dinner was N/A), Chefs de France, and Garden Grille (for lunch on my last day). Coral Reef is N/A except for lunch. I've eaten at Marrakesh (a so-so dinner). I guess Rose and Crown would be an alternate to Nine Dragons. Maybe San Angel or the Biergarten, although I've been to both.

Has anyone else received a call from Disney, re: Teppan Edo?
    My dog, Cookie, is a Llasa Apso and her breed is from Tibet. So let her ride Expedition Everest because I won't ride it again.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chuck, I'm not sure you'll be wanting a full meal after the pairing, before the Beach boys. When I've done the pairings, they've come darn close to filling in for a meal. Not a heavy 'stuff yourself' meal - but sufficient for a few hours, anyway. Personally, I'd recommend either more 'snacking' or counter service. (So in your case, maybe a hot dog WOULD be an appropriate meal

Chuck, I'm not sure you'll be wanting a full meal after the pairing, before the Beach boys. When I've done the pairings, they've come darn close to filling in for a meal. Not a heavy 'stuff yourself' meal - but sufficient for a few hours, anyway. Personally, I'd recommend either more 'snacking' or counter service. (So in your case, maybe a hot dog WOULD be an appropriate meal
    Thanks, Drince for the good (as usual) advice. If I am smart, I will follow it.

But I have a question that has just dawned on me. My rezzie is for Oct. 2. I have not received a phone call yet. I notice that most posters (on another board) that discuss getting calls from Disney to change a reservation have rezzies for September.

My question is: Is Disney making calls based on the chronological order (earliest rezzies first)? Has anyone who has (had) a rezzie in Oct. received a call?

I had a rezzie for a single (wife can't accompany me). Would that make a difference?

Thanks.
    My dog, Cookie, is a Llasa Apso and her breed is from Tibet. So let her ride Expedition Everest because I won't ride it again.

Well, I just received my phone call last night, to cancel a 9/3 ressie. So it sounds like they're taking their time to make the calls, most likely in chronological order. They were easily able to re-book me at San Angel for the same time, and gave me the VIP viewing area for Illuminations. All in all, I'm happy.

Cool

We have a reservation for Teppanyaki on Oct. 7th, I've not received a call as of yet. Well, if we do, maybe we will just fill up at the different food booths.

If you found your laughing place, how come you aren't laughing?

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    We have a reservation for Teppanyaki on Oct. 7th, I've not received a call as of yet. Well, if we do, maybe we will just fill up at the different food booths.
    I just called Disney dining and got a reservation at Le Cellier in lieu of Teppan Edo. Not a bad swap.

Blog Entries

I decided not to wait out a last minute call so I booked another ressie for San Angel Inn and if Teppanyaki falls through we will go there, if all is well with our original ressie we will cancel the SAI ressie.

~Katrina

I finally got my call from Disney, but I still was unable to switch to dinner anywhere else I would have wanted (San Angel was the only WS restaurant available, but really bad reviews+good Mexican food at home=no thanks) so I got a lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon at WL.

I was, however, offered a priority viewing for IllumiNations. Apparently the "Showcase plaza" (the area on the FW side of the lagoon between the boat docks) is going to be roped off as a VIP area only for people who are put out by the Teppanyaki closing. I got a confirmation number specifically for that. They told me to give the confirmation number at guest relations and we would be given some sort of pass to get into the "VIP area"

we has teppanyaki reservations for sept 14 and got the phone call from disney yesterday...since i already knew about the teppanyaki reopening being pushed back (thanks entirely to this discussion board), i made reservations at bistro de paris...the disney cm did offer us the vip viewing of illuminations too.

Cool

So what exactly did they say the VIP seating for Fantasmic was? I hope they call us. Thanks everyone for the info!!

I think you mean Illuminations, not Fantasmic. In the past, the VIP viewing area for Illuminations has been across the lagoon from American Adventure, on the Future World side.

Cool

Sorry, my bad, I did mean Illuminations!!

Quote Originally Posted by MomOfDisneyBoys View Post
    (San Angel was the only WS restaurant available, but really bad reviews+good Mexican food at home=no thanks)
    I don't know what reviews you've been reading, but I've had nothing but great meals there...
    Rocket Scientist/Future Imagineer
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", Alan Kay
    Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club!