Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Swimming In Oct or Nov

Swimming In Oct or Nov

We are planning a trip for either the first weekend in October or the weekend prior to Thanksgiving to DL Hotel. I have been to So Cal during those times in the past but never paid much attention to if one could swim during those times. My kids are now at the age that they want to swim whenever at a hotel with a pool. Is it to cold during those times for swimming? Also if we stay at DL hotel can we swim at all three hotels or just DL Hotel?

2. # ADS

Every Day Is Disneyland Day! DizneyMommy's Avatar

October is a crap shoot. Some days it is HOT and then the next day it can be 65 and drizzling, you just never know. It is not unheard of for it to hit 85+, or dip to low 60's. Though we hardly had 2 days of rain all of last year, we have also had years where it rained at least once a week in Oct. By November, we typically have packed away our swim toys even though we heat our pool, just too cold out and at the coast sometimes we don't see see much all month.

That being said, DLH has the coolest pool ever, and I would still take the kids to it at high noon at leat one day, even if it just for a short time. It is worth being a little cold! We live 15 minutes from DL and have stayed overnight one night in the summer many years just to play in the pool. You do only have access to the pool of the hotel you are actually staying at though the other 2 are nothing compared to DLH's pool, you aren't missing much.

My kids have swam at DL in December, and survived, so I'd think your little ones would be OK to swim in Oct/Nov. Though we are from Alaska, so anything above 60 is swimming weather to us. Enjoy the trip!

GO MARINERS!!!!!

Yo ho Yo ho a pirates a life for me!

We stayed at the DLH Nov/Dec 2005. My Children, 8 & 10 at the time, swam every day we were there. The temps were in the 60's and maybe low 70's, but they didn't care. The pool is heated and they had soo much fun!!! We were lucky though, and didn't have any rain.

We were there again in early March 2006, and they didn't get to swim everyday due to rain. It was cool with some rain the week we were there. When the kids were swimming, we were watching, in our jeans and sweatshirts. So even though it wasn't that warm outside, the kids loved the pool. Have fun!

MOre often than not, we have warm weather in October and November -- sometimes VERY warm during the day due to Santa Ana winds. Many a Thanksgiving over the past 60 years, my family has swum in a pool or played with the hose because of the heat! Bring those swimsuits!

We've gone in October and December and swam on both occasions. All the DL pools are heated up to 80 degrees, depends on which one. We stayed at the GCH and the kids were swimming in the morning, they also have a slide. The DL pool is really cool, my youngest one loves the croc there. I've heard you could jump pools as long as you have your hotel key and that you're staying at a DL hotel. Have fun!!

3 or 4 years ago we went the first week of Nov. and the temp broke 100 so it is a crap shoot. We're going to the PP at the end of Nov this year and are planning to swim.

We went for 12 days early Dec last year. The kids would swim everyday. Which of course left me to go alone to the Park as i can't justify swimming instead of being in the Park ( i go approx every 3 years )

Thank you everyone for your input that is exactly what I needed. The kids will be happy. We have been to DL during both those times of year before but never even considered swimming so I could not remember if it was a reasonable expectation for them to swim. You input helped. Thanks again.

Sorry double post.

Quote Originally Posted by FMTX View Post
    Is it to cold during those times for swimming?
    My family stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last year in late October. It was pretty hot - low to mid 90s, and my daughter had a great time in the pool.

I thought the pool was a little too cold, though.

Gawrsh !!

I always crack up at how the pools are crowded even in December.
    So go for it !!