Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Yak & Yeti questions (dining)

Yak & Yeti questions (dining)

Does anybody know when Yak & Yeti is scheduled to open? I thought is was going to open some time this fall. We will be there for November.

Has a menu been released for Alfredo's replacement in Italy?

Last edited by Ducktastic; 07-18-2007 at 10:30 AM. Reason: misspelling

2. # ADS

1st Official Riders on Nemo!!
    Blog Entries

I believe it is suppose to open in October, I can't remember where I read this and I can't find it in any of the WDW reports from Mark. I did read it somewhere though.

I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean. You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket! ~The Vandals "Pirates Life"
    READ THE ABOMINABLE BLOG HERE ON MOUSEPLANET.....just click on the blog entry link over there on your left!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought October as well (MUST have been in one of Mark's updates!) - but then I saw another website saying maybe not until next year

I guess we can't trust them until they start taking ADRs! (And then, only maybe, until we get that first review!) If it's open the 4th week in October, you'll hear about it from me!

I tried to make an ADR today for Y&Y and central reservations knew nothing about when ADRs will be availabe or when it will open. I hope it opens in the fall!

Drince how is the Cresent City doing? I lived in NO for 5 years, went to Tulane, but I am from Baton Rouge, living in Michigan now. I miss the food.

Disney World & Star Wars fan Chicago Wookiee's Avatar

I had read somewhere it was to be open by October 8th.

The issue is that it needs to be open before Tusker House closes for it's upgrade. Due to the number of people now visiting AK they need more dinner options and YY and TH may only be the start. The closing date for TH was about October 10th or 11th.

I'll be there December 29th for breakfast at the TH character breakfast and dinner at YY.

Anthony w/ 16 year old son. Most recent visits Oct 2009 Pop, 2008 Contemporary, and June 2007 at POR & Pop.
    "I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Wookiee View Post
    I had read somewhere it was to be open by October 8th.

The issue is that it needs to be open before Tusker House closes for it's upgrade. Due to the number of people now visiting AK they need more dinner options and YY and TH may only be the start. The closing date for TH was about October 10th or 11th.

I'll be there December 29th for breakfast at the TH character breakfast and dinner at YY.
    Are they taking reservations yet for these? Last time I checked, they weren't. I'm going in early December.

Daisy, I called yesterday for an ADR at Y&Y and they are not making any yet.

You can see how the construction is coming along at:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/yakandyeti.htm

No ADRs as yet!

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a Nightmare Fantasmic!
    Only you can speak the words that are on YOUR lips!
    DVC member -Saratoga Springs, WDW

Whenever they do start taking reservations for Yak and Yeti, and the Tusker House character breakfast, if any of you find out about it, would you please let me know? Thanks!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mark's update today indicated that the restaurant may not be open until November, now

Disney World & Star Wars fan Chicago Wookiee's Avatar

I called today and still no ADR's or exact dates available.

Too bad about the longer wait until it opens!

Anthony w/ 16 year old son. Most recent visits Oct 2009 Pop, 2008 Contemporary, and June 2007 at POR & Pop.
    "I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyDuck001 View Post
    Whenever they do start taking reservations for Yak and Yeti, and the Tusker House character breakfast, if any of you find out about it, would you please let me know? Thanks!
    The Tusker House breakfast will be hosted by Donald who is moving from the Breakfastosaurus. Still no confirmation of opening date for Yak & Yeti.
    Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a Nightmare Fantasmic!
    Only you can speak the words that are on YOUR lips!
    DVC member -Saratoga Springs, WDW