Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: In-Room Parks Guide

In-Room Parks Guide

Ok, so I'm weird and every time I go to WDW I love to sit on the bed in my room and watch the channel where the girl takes you through all the parks.

I'm sure they update it regularly but do they change the actress/host?

Anybody remember the name of the dark haired girl from a year or so ago? I think it was Stacy but I'm probably way off.

I wish someone, somehow would get some of that on YouTube.

I'm addicted. I have a problem. But the first step is admitting, right?

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "to talk of many things."
    "Of shoes and ships and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings . . .!"

2. # ADS

self proclaimed mouse junkie!

good lord, yes, her name is Stacey. I also love watching the channel, but she really works on my nerves. I am not sure why, I can't figure it out. I love EVERYTHING disney, and I am also perky! So why can't I stand her?

WDW 1977, 1983, POR 2000, CBR 2007, ASM Mar 09

Quote Originally Posted by lightygirl View Post
    I also love watching the channel, but she really works on my nerves. I am not sure why, I can't figure it out. I love EVERYTHING disney, and I am also perky! So why can't I stand her?
    I think it's because you might like to experience it yourself, not have someone else tell you about it. I know that is why I have felt the same way.
    WDW - 10/06 POR, 10/07 BCR, 12/08 POR, 9/09 BWR, 12/10 YCR, 12/11 BWR, 12/12 BWR, 10/13 BWR
    DCL - 9/09 Eastern (Magic), 11/10 Western (Magic), 11/11 Bahamas (Dream), 8/12 Nowhere (Magic), 12/12 Eastern (Fantasy), 5/13 Caribbean (Wonder), 9/14 Southern (Magic), 2/16 Western (Wonder), 10/17 Canadian Coast (Magic)

Yes, wonderful Stacy. When I'm at WDW, I watch nothing BUT Stacy and perhaps a bit of the spanish version of the same show. I was a bit disappointed that they had shortened her 2005 show to just the top 7 things to do at WDW, but they did update it to include Expedition Everest and, I think, a few other rides/attractions. I was hoping, when I ordered by trip DVD last year, that Stacy would be on it, but, alas, she was not. I almost videotaped the Stacy show so that I could watch it when I got back home. If I had a digital video camera, I might have done it and posted it on Youtube.

So then, all of you digital camera owners who are going to WDW soon, let's have it; give us what we want: Stacy, Stacy, Stacy!!!

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mike did an interview with her that was posted earlier this month. Click here for the article.

Thank God! Mousepad is like a support group!!! I'm so glad to know I'm not alone!!!

p.s. Thanks for posting (or re-posting) that article Drince!

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "to talk of many things."
    "Of shoes and ships and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings . . .!"

You can find her in Google videos, search under Walt Disney World. Or if the moderator won't yell at me for posting the url.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=2

OMG...lovin' it!!

Now I haven't been in quite a few years, but I guess they have changed their in-house channel. This was not familiar to me at all. I kind of like what they used to have better.

But I too, would always keep that channel on - over and over and over!!!

Hi,
    I, too, am a parks guide channel junkie. I became hooked back in 1994. My wife and I had gone there on our delayed honeymoon. It all started so innocently.
    We had just walked in to the Surfs Up building at the new All Star Sports resort. I flipped on the T.V. for background noise as we settled in, a habit from my past travels. I didn't even notice the channel.....then I noticed what it was playing.....24 hours of none-stop WDW info!
    Cool........I'll just watch it for a minute....

For the rest of the trip, whenever the set was on, it was on that channel.
    The next trip, I was actually looking forward to that channel as much as I was some of the rides.
    My wife has threatned to have the T.V. removed in the past...
    It's been two years since our last trip. I'm jonesen for another shot.......

Everytime we turned on the tv it was playing. My DD 7yr old loved it she watched it every chance she had. She memorized it. Everytime we said something about a ride she would recite what Stacy had to say about it word for word with the same peppiness.

Vanessa

Does anyone remember the girl right before Stacy? I really enjoy Stacy (thanks for that link, Drince!), but that last girl really worked for me!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Ew.

--jenny

OMG! I just watched the Top Sevens from previous years on Google; the girl right before the wonderful Stacy is horrible; not nearly as much energy; and before her, this lame, wiggles-like guy -- so bad. Disney, please, please, please, keep Stacy. Stacy, whew, um, Stacy, Stacy's my gal!

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Thanks, pete, for where to look. KRYSSA!!! For whatever reason, Kryssa was much more appealing to me than Stacy.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

All right, you too, this is a family message board!

--jenny

I liked the gal before, as well. I have seen both on YouTube and I prefer the previous gal. But to each their own. I can't stand TOO much peppiness and canned-behavior.

We definitely like to watch it many times. As much because it is exciting (the first time watching it, the day you arrive, is the best!), as because the in-room TV's had bad reception and few channels with nearly nothing on worth watching. I wish they would fix that.

Sharon
    "PIN SUCKERS" UNITE!

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion...

No, you see, that's the beauty of Stacy: she really seems genuine in her excitement; that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Does the DTD hotels get this channel?? I've always loved it too.

Rosie

She's also in the vacation DVDs

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a Nightmare Fantasmic!
    Only you can speak the words that are on YOUR lips!
    DVC member -Saratoga Springs, WDW

Anyone have the link for the old one? The one before this?

From when I went in Sept 2004 (production date Dec 2003), with Chrissa/Kryssa! Pre-Stacy. I like her. Apparently in 2005 they re-recorded the exact same loop, but with Stacy, because they couldn't get Kryssa back for the following year's HHCOE. Why did they keep it all the same??
    http://tinyurl.com/25g94m

And here is the Stacy version:
    http://tinyurl.com/ysnvat

You decide. Same schtick with two different hosts is a good way to compare.

As a treat, here is an older one with "Yellow Shirt Guy"...from when? No date on it other than post date.
    http://tinyurl.com/2gebpm

Sharon
    "PIN SUCKERS" UNITE!

Oh looks like Yellow Shirt Guy was 2003. Space Ranger Spin is on the video, which opened in '03 right?

Sharon
    "PIN SUCKERS" UNITE!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    She's also in the vacation DVDs
    Which one, Goeffa; I'd love to see it!