Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland DVD set

Wink Disneyland DVD set

I ordered the Disneyland DVD set that is advertised on this site about 3 weeks ago and have not goten it. I am excited to see this. Has anyone else ordered it? Is it pretty good and how long does it take to receive it?

2. # ADS

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

What DVD set?

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Where was it advertised?

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Disneyland DVD

It is not an official set but does advertise on this site. The banner shows up every so often. I have also seen a set for Disneyworld also

YES I got mine! They are worth every single penny!
    You can email them and they emailed me back within a few hours when I had a question on my order.

This is the WDW DVD Set. You get A LOT of footage, I think it was 16 DVDs total. Not bad of a price.

Also this one is the Disneyland DVD.

We like watching them when it's been awhile since we've last gone.
    They also sell the park soundtracks that are pretty good too.

Solicitation Links removed. Please see the links in Post #8.

Last edited by adriennek; 07-15-2007 at 09:50 PM.
    Check out my collection of Disneyland Videos here: HERE

This is a fan-made DVD set and not nearly the best made fan DVD's out there. Look around and you'll find much better quality (multi-angle edits, non-shaky camera work, etc.).

Suspended in the timelessness of innerspace are the thoughtwaves of my first impressions. They will be our only source of contact once you have passed beyond the limits of normal Magnification... Magnification... Magnification...

They have samples in those links that I posted. I have the DVD and think it is good footage and I actually like the home video feel better than a professional looking "travel video" footage. But thats just me

I have the WDW set and have no complaints whatever. These are the only sets that cover EVERYTHING. The more professionally produced ones do not nor do they match on price.

Here's the link for the WDW set:

http://www.relivethemagic.com/pd_huge.cfm

Here's the link for Disneyland set:

http://www.relivethemagic.com/pd_all_of_disneyland.cfm

You might also like to consider Atmosph-ears - they are set segments of various views e.g. Main Street (up to 12 on each disk)which run a continuos shot for twenty minutes or so then move on to the next segment (WDW based):

http://www.mouseguest.com/dvds/

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a Nightmare Fantasmic!
    Only you can speak the words that are on YOUR lips!
    DVC member -Saratoga Springs, WDW

I asked about these DVDs a while back and the only response that I got was that it didn't play on any of an individuals DVD players. That put me off. So, maybe I should try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzelthorn View Post
    I asked about these DVDs a while back and the only response that I got was that it didn't play on any of an individuals DVD players. That put me off. So, maybe I should try them.
    Check out the links I posted above. Those definitely work in my DVD player!

I just checked out the site and was a little put off that the shipping for a DVD was $15.99. Seems a little high to me...almost twice as much as the DVD itself. Although the DVD was only $9...can't beat that...but I hate to pay so much for shipping. My frugal nature doesn't like to get ripped off.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by kathynova View Post
    I just checked out the site and was a little put off that the shipping for a DVD was $15.99. Seems a little high to me...almost twice as much as the DVD itself. Although the DVD was only $9...can't beat that...but I hate to pay so much for shipping. My frugal nature doesn't like to get ripped off.
    Yeah, they lowered the price but raised the shipping. I hate when they do that. I originally paid $20+$7ship. However, I saw they were running a special on free shipping if you buy 2 items or more. If you go HERE and process the checkout, there is an option for free shipping. I bought the CDs also and it came out to free shipping. Good deal in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kathynova View Post

I felt the same way. I was this close to buying but the high shipping did me in too

Thumbs down Still Waiting

I ordered my Disneyland DVD set on June 21 and I am still waiting for it. After not receiving it I e mailed them and they told me they were behind in their distribution of it but they said they sent it out Monday. For what they charge for postage and handling I should have it already. Even overnight shipping would be cheaper. I will let everyone if it was worth it

Not what is advertised

I just got the Disneyland DVD set. It's okay, I could have filmed some of it much better. In their ad they say nothing is left out of this 20 disk set but really it's only 5 disks and nothing on Tomorrowland or the Disney 50th came with it. The DVDs come in paper slip cases and regular postage. For 15.99 postage and handling you would expect more.

I really enjoy RU42video's DVDs. He sells them on eBay and I have purchased several of those. He also lists videos from time to time on VisionsFantastic.

Price is good, quality is EXCELLENT, REALLY beautifully done!!! We have the Fantasmic! one and the 50th celebration one which includes PoD and 2 separate viewing spots of the 50th Fireworks. Every shot is multi angle and simply gorgeous. I am not paid to say these things, just so incredibly passionate about what we purchased!! You might want to check him out.

Another vote for RU42. Excellent stuff.

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time; and for a brief moment we have been among its many passengers.

I do agree RU42 does a nice job. I have ordered from him in the past. His DVD's are so much better than the set I ordered. I will stick with his from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by PartridgeFam 2004 View Post
    I do agree RU42 does a nice job. I have ordered from him in the past. His DVD's are so much better than the set I ordered. I will stick with his from now on.
    Does anyone have a link so I can check him out too? Thanks!

I also agree that RU42 does an excellent job. We have almost all of his videos, and to me they're worth the price. I highly recommend them. Here's a link to his website, and I've also seen them on ebay (I've found them before just doing a search for "RU42".

http://members.cox.net/ru42/

This is ru42's ebay site HERE

Great videos and great guy! He let me use a majority of the videos for the Disneyland video site that I created in my signature.

If you want to check out some samples of his work check out The Roger Rabbit ride and Remember: Fireworks videos in the link below.

wow, thanks! What a great price! I am soo excited, I want to get the whole collection! eee! =D

I've purchased all but one of RU42's DVD's to date and I absolutely love the quality. RU's are a more focused on the last 5 years or so but if you want some amazing videos from WDW and DL past (and some present), you must check out www.jefflangedvd.com

I was aware of Jeff's stuff a couple of years ago but didn't buy until recently when he began releasing tributes to the pavillions of Future World at Epcot. Great videos of rides long gone like Horizons, World of Motion and some still around like Spaceship Earth, Imagination, etc. Most of these DVD's have multiple ride throughs taken over several years along will still photo galleries.

Jeff has also created quite a few historical DL DVD's, many celebrating special times and events at Disneyland like the 35th and 45th birthday celebrations. A couple of his latest DVD's (the Disneyland Classics vol 1 and 2) have great long gone attractions like the Peoplemover, Original Submarines, America Sings & Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

I can't recommend either RU42 or Jeff highly enough. Amazing stuff, fantastic quality and very reasonbly priced.
    -Steve

Suspended in the timelessness of innerspace are the thoughtwaves of my first impressions. They will be our only source of contact once you have passed beyond the limits of normal Magnification... Magnification... Magnification...

WOW - such an outpouring of love, can you feel the love tonight!

A little blue bird sat on my shoulder and told me about this thread going on. Seriously, thank you everyone for your votes of confidence. I am proud when I see people recommend my work so much, it really makes the effort worth it. Again, I thank you.

For those of you who have not tried them yet, try it you'll like it. In fact, I guaranty it. (Buy one and if you do not like it I will refund your purchase)

If anyone has any specific questions please ask away and I will be happy to answer what I can.

RU42

Quote Originally Posted by ru42 View Post
    If anyone has any specific questions please ask away and I will be happy to answer what I can.

RU42
    I would also recommend RU42 discs.

Some tech questions for you RU42.....

1) Just curious as to what equipment you are using now a days to capture your footage?

2) What application(s) are you using to ENCODE your edited footage? Cinemacraft? Tsunami? Premiere? Ulead? Vegas?

3) Is cd audio not overdubbed over your live audio intentionally on your discs to avoid copyright grief from Disney?

Thank you in advance.