Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Contemporary Refurb [Merged]

Lost in the Viridian Forest...

Contemporary Refurb [Merged]

I recently just got back from WDW. I know they were refurbing the contemporary, but i didnt realise this meant tearing down one of the garden wings. How much longer will this take? Are they ganna tare down the other one and wuts going in its place, more vacation club villas? theyre already putting more at animal kingdom lodge.

Stephen Valente

Disney Again! Polynesian '09!
    hoping to go back soon...

2. # ADS

i heard they just redid the one wing left , so i don't think they are going to rip it down.

A C-Shaped Tower almost as tall as the Main Tower may be the eventual replacement for the Garden Wing in question. A pedestrian bridge connecting the two towers on their respective 4th floors also is rumored. The placement of the new Tower is really quite ingenious......views from the main tower will not be obstructed and the new tower will not even be visiable from the main approach to the Contemporary.

~Jeff

Lost in the Viridian Forest...

Contemporary Updates?

I posted a thread about a month ago, and i was just wondering if there was any more infromation about the rufurb on the contemporary? One whole garden wing was taken out since last i saw in july and just wanna know if anything came out? thanks. click on this http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4671393 to see a picture of it from the monorail, Along with other pictures I have taken in the past year.

Last edited by monoman; 09-17-2007 at 11:29 AM.
    Stephen Valente

Disney Again! Polynesian '09!
    hoping to go back soon...

In case you have been out of the loop, the new wing at the Contemporary is going to be a Disney Vacation Club resort. Disney has not officially announced it yet, they need to sell the Animal Kingdom Villas first. Click here http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_contempdvc_8.htm to see concept artwork of the future wing at the Contemporary. Notice that there will be a suspended walkway on the 4th floor which connects the new Disney Vacation Club building to the old A-Frame structure. Click here http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_contempdvc_0.htm to view a recent construction photo.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Monoman, I merged your two threads together since they were related and still rather current.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!