Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Buying into the DVC (possibly)

AP holder - WDW Frequenter

Buying into the DVC (possibly)

So i am moving to Seattle, WA from Ft. Myers, Florida and realize that I am going to be away from a place that I go to ridiculously often and how much I am going to miss it. (I even considered going to USC to be near Disneyland).

And as I never thought I would buy into the DVC because of my proximity, new circumstances have arisen:

1) DVC being built at the contemporary. This is by far my favorite resort. Its convienence makes it a top choice for myself. As well as all the memories of staying there as a child and throughout the years. And if it was my home resort it would make things even better.

2)Please see #1

What does the general consensus look like? Is this DVC going to sell out fast?

Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

2. # ADS

The CRV (Contemporary Resort Villas) is still just a rumour at this stage, as there has been no official announcement from Disney that what they are constructing is a new DVC resort. The other possibility is an expansion of the CR with a Contemporary Suites building.

If it is CRV, I think it would sell very fast, mostly because of the great location near MK and on Bay Lake. You can walk to MK to catch the monorail to MK, Epcot, or the other resorts on the monorail.

DVC Mike

Oh I did not know it was a rumor. From an update i saw..the pictures of the construction say that they are contemporary DVC

Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Multiple rumors are indicating that the construction is for a DVC resort. This was reinforced by the inadvertant publishing of details about a Contemporary DVC resort by an Architecture firm who works with Disney, but nothing has been announced officially.

Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.
    I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

The other rumor is that it will be the "Contemporary Resort Family Suites. We'll have to wait for an official announcement from Disney...

Personally, I think it will be a Walmart!

DVC Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mprewitt View Post
    The other rumor is that it will be the "Contemporary Resort Family Suites. We'll have to wait for an official announcement from Disney...

Personally, I think it will be a Walmart!
    A walmart with a severe premium!

haha

Current DVC sales are concentrated in Animal Kingdom Lodge and the proposed Kindani Village expansion. There are also sales still available at Saratoga springs as it is not yet completely sold out. (Disney also hold back some for cash sales).

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a Nightmare Fantasmic!
    Only you can speak the words that are on YOUR lips!
    DVC member -Saratoga Springs, WDW

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Multiple rumors are indicating that the construction is for a DVC resort.
    I was just at DVC in Orlando and yes they are pushing AKL. If CRV were to come up would I be better off holding out another year to buy into CRV?????

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/contemporary.htm

Someone else posted this site of the construction of CRV and I have seen it from the boat rental ride.

Looking at buying 300pts and debating on whether to buy in one lump some or finance and use the write-off. How difficult is it to land Feb since my wife is a teacher and I'm not planning on doing summers if I can avoid them.

Also, the setup of rooms for AKL models were in fact awesome but CRV would be even more of a buying opportunity.

Has anyone here looked into the Marriott Vacation Club???? Is DVC that much better??? DISNEY for me offers peace of mind but curious on MVC.

Thanks

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swingtraderspot View Post
    I was just at DVC in Orlando and yes they are pushing AKL. If CRV were to come up would I be better off holding out another year to buy into CRV?????
    While there are rumors that CRV and GCV (at DLR) may join the DVC family, they will continue to be rumors until they announce them otherwise as such. The other week our guide pretty much said "I cannot confirm nor deny what may happen in the future regarding those resorts."

So, with that said, the question about holding out may be up to what you want to do about membership in the present time with the present offerings. After all, as time goes on, the cost per point will continue to go up, etc, making the buy in more expensive in the future. There are also variables such what the point charts and annual fees might look like for these rumored possible resorts. That may impact the long term cost of ownership as well.

Personally, I feel like my delay in becoming a member cost me quite a bit. I wish I would have done it sooner. (But have no regrets now.)
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Trust me, the Contemporary will definitely be a DVC resort. I have been told by people who know.

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan
    Personally, I feel like my delay in becoming a member cost me quite a bit. I wish I would have done it sooner. (But have no regrets now.)
    GUS,

well said and with that I bought in 270 pts in AKL!

I'm lucky this year in the market so with the extra pts I can afford to pass them around to family members to let there families enjoy a good DISNEY vacation as well.

To use them sooner is for now, later there are no guarantees!

GL Gus.
    Last edited by Andrew; 08-24-2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: fix vBcode