Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Can you use fastpass at WDW after time expires? [Merged]

Cool Can you use fastpass at WDW after time expires? [Merged]

I've heard a little bit about this, and I am wondering. Can you use the fastpass after it expires like at Disneyland? I don't want to get caught there with a fastpass for earlier in the day and be turned away. Please tell me what your experiences have been with this.

If you found your laughing place, how come you aren't laughing?

2. # ADS

They are very strict when it comes to the start time of the fast pass on the ticket. As for after it expires, it really depends on the CM. Most of the time, they will let it slide; however, if it is a very busy day in the park, they may not honor it.

You may want to search this forum for threads about this already.

I hope this helps.

WDW - 10/06 POR, 10/07 BCR, 12/08 POR, 9/09 BWR, 12/10 YCR, 12/11 BWR, 12/12 BWR, 10/13 BWR
    DCL - 9/09 Eastern (Magic), 11/10 Western (Magic), 11/11 Bahamas (Dream), 8/12 Nowhere (Magic), 12/12 Eastern (Fantasy), 5/13 Caribbean (Wonder), 9/14 Southern (Magic), 2/16 Western (Wonder), 10/17 Canadian Coast (Magic)

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is a recent thread regarding using FP's after the time on the ticket.

I think right now this is really a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing and will depend on the CM taking the ticket. What I try to do is to use the ticket as close to the printed time as possible.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

still romantic at heart

the never ending debate. all I will add once again is we have never been turned away, nor have we ever heard credible testimony that someone has been turned away. in fact we have been encouraged by CM's from time to time to save our FP for later

Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

My experience with the fast pass expiration is don't ever throw them away. The CM's have told me that especially if you want to use a fast pass for a ride that may have weather closures, hold on to it. If the weather causes the ride to close, you can use the pass any time before the park closes.

Shrinking for the better

We used them in May-all the time. Never had a CM look cross-eyed at them. The only thing I've "heard"(on another forum) is that they may not be honored late at shows in MGM.

To DL or not to DL September 2010-that is the question....

self proclaimed mouse junkie!

we just got back and used them late almost every time. when our time was ready for EE, it was shut down. So they told us to come back anytime today. We also had no problem getting a fp for KS early before we left for a break and used it later in the day when we returned.

WDW 1977, 1983, POR 2000, CBR 2007, ASM Mar 09

We were there in mid-June and I asked a CM about using them late and he said you can always use them late in the same day just not early. Like efoxx, a CM at Buzz this last trip told us to hold onto the FP until that afternoon because the standby line was currently very short.

At DL we use 90% of our FP late usually much later. At WDW, we use about 50% late. I know many of you are against this based on other recent threads but the system allows for it as efoxx so eloquently explained it on that recent thread. At any given time, we only have 2 to 3 late FP, but they sure do come in handy in the evening when we go back to the park and the lines are incredibly long.

Just one note, if the attraction you have fast pass for has extended magic hours in the evening, you cannot use fastpass during that time. Just plan accordingly!

Doc

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson

Fastpass Question

At DL the fastpass expiry time doesn't mean much. Meaning that the CM are only concerned with the start time and not the ending time. Eg. Your fastpass time window could be 9am - 10am but you can still use that fastpass at 8pm if you wanted to. Confusing or am I making sense?

Does that same apply at WDW when using fastpasses?

Only 13 more days til our trip to WDW and our DCL cruise.

How exciting, only 13 more days!!! This has been discussed before, you should search the discussions. To answer your question, at WDW they are same, but there has been talk that sometimes CM's enforce it and that maybe too many are holding onto FP. I always ask as I get my fastpass so I can plan my time accordingly.

Rightous heathen
    Blog Entries

It is the same. They don't care when you come back.

You can use fast passes the next day too (even when the ride wasn't broken down the previous day). It may not work 100% of the time...your milage may vary.

Flame away...

~Whitney~
    Wanna be my friend? http://facebook.com/wbewitched

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smeecanada, I merged your question with a recent thread on the subject.

There's also a link in the third post to another thread on the topic.

I have heard of people (from them, either via post, PM, or on a podcast - so only 2nd hand) that have been turned away with late fastpasses.

An amazing person, really
    Quote Originally Posted by RockDoc07 View Post
    Just one note, if the attraction you have fast pass for has extended magic hours in the evening, you cannot use fastpass during that time. Just plan accordingly!

Doc
    Actually, we did this. My daughter and I held fast passes for Space Mountain, left for a break and came back for the extra magic hours. We walked past a 60 minute wait line and used our fast passes, no problem.
    Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is strictly optional!

At Christmas during Crazy busy times, we were able to use our fastpass hours after the expiry times. The worst they will do to is say no...but I doubt it.

"First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins

Thanks everyone. It's basically the same principle as DL which is great. Like someone said it doesn't hurt to try and just be prepared if they don't accept it.

My daughter and I were turned away at Test Track last year during the summer; we were about 1 late. This was the only time this ever happened.