Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Crowds July 4th week?

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Crowds July 4th week?

Anyone know what the crowds at DLP will be like the week of July 4? I know it's not a holiday over there, just summer break, so I wondered how crowded it might be? TIA.

Karin

2. # ADS

Hi Karin,

although it is summer break, I know that in Holland (which has a lot of visitors to dLP) the holidays don't start till later. I would think it would be busy but not extremely so

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Thanks, jjpenguin!

Karin

in France vacation will start at the end of the month, plus its the 15 th anniversary and they offer a free stay for kids under 7...
    so i do think it ll be crowded this year, if you can postpone it to late august or september, it's usually very much quieter
    Hope this can help

Schools don't "break up" for summer until about the second week in July so you should only be coping with reasonable visitor levels. The big day in France if July 14th - Bastille Day so the parks will be crowded then. As DLRP offers kids go free as part of their packages this does tend to make the place busy.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a Nightmare Fantasmic!
    Only you can speak the words that are on YOUR lips!
    DVC member -Saratoga Springs, WDW

where schools breaks up the second week of July? not here, they already did in some "regions" or will next week... as for the parks crowds it's crowded plenty today...

Sorry should have made clear - schools break up 2nd week in July in U K.

some do earlier as we met plenty of Britons here today... the lines to get in the parking lots were huge too

I can assure you that State schools do not break up for summer in UK until early July - most in the second week. If you met British people with kids at DLRP then the children either attend private schools or they are out of school without permission. No matter, it looks as if DLRP is to be avoided during July and August.

Cool

Don't know how much it will affect crowds, but they are actually doing something on the 4th, including "a great ceremony of July 4 at the time which more than 1000 immigrants coming from tens of country will be naturalized American citizens.".

Read about it here:
    http://www.dlrp.fr/actualites_4th-ju...orks_1570.html

You can use Babel fish to translate.
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/

A bientot.

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't read French, but I can read enough of that first link to know that the 4th of July activities with new citizens is happening in Walt Disney World in Florida.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I don't read French, but I can read enough of that first link to know that the 4th of July activities with new citizens is happening in Walt Disney World in Florida.
    Now that I've looked more carefully, moi aussi. Fooled by it being their first story on the main page when I saw it.

A bientot.
    "I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)