Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Closest hotel/airport [Port Canaveral Questions]

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Closest hotel/airport [Port Canaveral Questions]

I have a friend who is going on a cruise that leaves from Port Canaveral.

She's wondering what's the best airport to fly into and what's the closest, nice hotel to stay in to get to the ship the next day.

Also, do any of the hotels in the area have a shuttle to the Port?

Lastly, what shuttle service would you suggest coming from the airport to the hotel?

TIA!

Karin

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is this for a DCL cruise or other?

When we did our DCL cruise, we stayed near the parks for the first night, since we were getting in late. We then went back to the airport to pick up the DCL bus to PC.

If it is not a DCL cruise, then see if the cruise line has such a service available.
    Otherwise you can contact a limo service to see what their rates are as well.

This is a related thread that contains names and links of services that may be of assistance.

Granted, there are many different ways to do this - this is just how I did mine in the past. There are also rental car and PC hotel options as well.

Hope that helps.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Disney World & Star Wars fan Chicago Wookiee's Avatar

We we took our recent cruise out of Port Canaveral both Carnival and Disney offered a shuttle from the Orlando airport the morning of the day that cruise departed.

We also got in a day early and went to MK for the day.

Anthony w/ 16 year old son. Most recent visits Oct 2009 Pop, 2008 Contemporary, and June 2007 at POR & Pop.
    "I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true." Walt Disney

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Thank you both! Am I correct that the Orlando airport we all fly into for WDW is the closest to Port Canaveral, too?

Karin

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin H-L View Post
    Thank you both! Am I correct that the Orlando airport we all fly into for WDW is the closest to Port Canaveral, too?
    I believe so.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin H-L View Post
    Yes, it is the closest major commercial airport. We will usually fly into MCO, spend the night in a hotel right nearby (Sheraton Suites), and then use a rental car or limo service to get to the port.
    Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.
    I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Thanks, Tony. I think they're trying to get as close as possible the night before so it's a short, inexpensive taxi ride the next day. I'll pass this info and suggestions along. Thanks, all!

Karin

The Radisson at the port has a shuttle to take you to the ship.

I love the fruits of summer!

Proudly Wearing our Crocs!

The Residence Inn at Port Canaveral also has a shuttle. I think it's six dollars a person, but I'm not sure.

"The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word, unsaid." ~Author Unknown

We stayed at the Radisson both the day before and the day after our Disney cruise. We rented a car from the airport (MCO-Orlando, about 50 minutes from Port Canaveral), so we were able to cruise through Cocoa Beach and nearby areas. Radisson provides a free transport, so when we dropped off the car at National (about 10 minutes away), the van picked us up. They took us to the ship for free (free, except tips), and took us back to the National Car Rental after we checked-out to get a new car.
    It was actually cheaper to rent a car one-way for 2 seperate days than to pay for the bus for 3 of us. I think it was like $80 total in car rental at National. And we also had the mobility to drive around the area.