Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Submarine Takes to the Road for the Year of a Million Dreams!

I saw it on I5 just north of Mt. Shasta on Tuesday on my way home from work. We are going to try to take the kids to Sacramento to see it.

Karin * Waiting to get back to my Happy Place

2. # ADS

Sub spotting last Saturday in our hometown.

My wife saw the Finding Nemo Sub driving around our hometown Saturday, April 28, around 5 p.m. This was before we had heard anything about it.
    She didn't have the camera with her to take a picture though.

Blog Entries

It sounds like us Seattle folk are REALLY excited to find out where it's going to be! If anyone finds out - PLEASE!!! let us know! We have some little friends who had a terrible week and when I spoke to their mom today, she said it sure would brighten their spirits to visit the Nemo Sub. (They just found out Grandpa has stage three lung cancer . . . very sad . . .) Of couse, we would LOVE to see it too . . . keep our eyes and ears pealed!!

WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels

My DH spotted the sub on I-5 just a little North of Seattle yesterday (Thursday). It was heading to Vancouver, BC where it was staying today through Sunday. I live in the Seattle area too and have also tried to find out where the specific locations will be. I called KOMO news (our ABC affilate) and they knew nothing about it at all. Hopefully there will be some kind of media release soon. I know a lot of us Seattle people are real anxious to see it!

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know - I'm a bit obsessive . . . anyone in Seattle seen it yet? It's supposed to be here starting today (5/7).

WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels

Anyone have any luck finding the bus?

I called local Radio Disney station, but it was too late for someone to answer the phone. I'll let you know how successful I am, when/if I get a return call...

I was sent some photos of the Sub Bus in Vancouver on Saturday.

You can check them out at my photo site.

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I was sent some photos of the Sub Bus in Vancouver on Saturday.

You can check them out at my photo site.
    AND - thanks to those photos you can now determine WHERE the bus will stop within each city.

Go to http://www.disneyland.ca/NemoDreamTour (yes, caps matter on this name) in order to see the site. This is the canadian site.

OR -
    i just tried the following and it worked too
    http://www.disneyland.com/nemodreamtour/
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

OOH! Thank you! That helps a bunch.

Official Link for Nemo Bus

Can be found here:
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ailPage&bhcp=1

So looks like it is just available an hour a day at a gas station. I can't even imagine how this is going to work in SF. Managing the crowd at a gas station in those crowded streets...

Blog Entries

We got to see the Nemo Dream Mobile!

FINALLY! Thanks to the great website that was posted (thank you!!) we figured out a time and place to go see the submarine. We got to the Chevron station at 10:30 (with our friends) to be greated by TONS of road construction and jack-hammers next to where the submarine was going to be!! OH NO! Around 10:50 or so, one of the lead cars showed up with some CM's inside and they got out shaking their heads. This was definatly not what they had planned for! Not only were the jack-hammer's loud, but there was a large hole cut into the road just that morning which might be a problem for the sub to pass over. We talked with the CM's and they were all very, very nice (as CM's usually are) and assured us they were doing all they could to figure things out. They handed all the kids some Nemo Sub stickers (which were great!) and we hung out until the construction crew actually moved right in front of the entrance to the station where the sub needed to enter! Again, not in the plans!

The CM's discussed and discussed (by this time the tour manager, Tanya, had showed up too). She told us they were doing everything they could to get things in order, but not only was construction a problem . . . first the sub had problems getting under the bridge at I-99, then it got lost!!

FINALLY! at 11:30, the sub showed up! There were only about 15 or so people total there to watch. The seagulls popped up and then the CM inside the sub came out to give a little presentation. He asked us all to call out to Nigel (the pelican) who eventually popped out too. Nigel told us all about the new ride at Disneyland while the seagulls kept interupting . . . "MINE! MINE!" The kids loved it (and so did the adults).

We were a bit disapointed that we didn't get to see Crush, but my friend was told by one of the CM's that they can't get their generator out at gas stations due to fire safetly concerns. BUMMER! An hour wait and we didn't see Crush, but the kids had no clue and were thrilled with what they saw. That's what counts!

One the way back down I-5, we saw one of the lead cars, but the submarine was long gone! On to visit more people.

Here's my website with photos and some poor quality video (mpg) from my little camera. Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/UsBurchs...ey=XDcxqQtF8IQ

If you look at the web site you'll see that the sub is 'taking the weekend off'. I wonder why? I would think that would be a prime time to get folks to visit.

Also, the one hour windows seem to be a bit short...

We saw it in Kirkland yesterday. We pulled up to the station a few minutes before 5:30 and saw about 10 people waiting in the parking lot. We found a parking spot and within a minute of getting out of the car the nemo mobile pulled into the Chevron station. We didn't have any of the complications UsBurch's had. My dd thought it was the greatest and thought we had just stubled upon it (didn't tell them befre hand in case we missed it). By the time the cm came out, There were about 25-35 people at the station. We took pictures of the bus and also got stickers and little keychain chevron toy cars. The kids thought it was a hoot and it got them exited about our trip in July.

You could be a big pig too!

Thanks for the reports on the shows and the pictures (USBurchs)! Looks neat. I was thinking about taking my kids when the sub is in SF but since all of those visits are at Gas stations I am not sure i will. I would love to get to see Crush. Seems like they would want to make sure they could do that show as much as possible since they built that expensive technology into the bus. Do you guys think it was worth making a big effort to go see?

If anyone else sees the bus along its tour let us know!

Disneyland trips: '72, '77' 78 '79, '80, '86, '99, '06, '07, '08, '09 , '11, '13, '14, '15 and '16
    WDW solo trips: '13, '14, and '16

"My favorite part of Disneyland is spending time with my family" -- DD, age 10

Blog Entries

It was worth it, I guess. I'm up for anything that has to do with Disneyland, coming to town. However, we live in Bothell (about 20 min north of Seattle) and to drive all the way there, wait an hour with "iffy" being the main thought by the CM's, it seemed like it might have been a bit of a waste. I did really miss seeing Crush and you'd think, yes, that if they put all this technology into something, they'd pick spots that people could come to see Crush! The gas station seemed to be a really odd place to begin with - fumes and kinda dirty - not the typical Disney quality you expect. But, they did a great job with what they were given today, under the circumstances! Tanya, the tour manager, said this was one stop they will remember for a long time and assured us it was not the norm! They'd been at a Safeway in Ballard (about 10 minutes away from where we were) earlier today . . .if we'd only known!

Quote Originally Posted by UsBurchs View Post
    We were a bit disapointed that we didn't get to see Crush, but my friend was told by one of the CM's that they can't get their generator out at gas stations due to fire safetly concerns. BUMMER!
    They can't do their Crush show without a generator, and they can't set their generator out at gas stations due to fire safety concerns, so they schedule the tour stops mostly at Chevron gas stations? Whose genius idea was that?

Were the public shows an afterthought i.e. maybe the Nemo Dream Mobile is zipping up and down the coast putting on private shows for big corporate audiences at Microsoft, Pixar, Intel, Lucasfilm, etc. and the public gets a little show here and there when it has to stop for fuel?

Katprint
    Last edited by Katlovett; 05-10-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Fixed quote problem

Blog Entries

Hahahaha! My husband was asking me the same thing?? "Who's the genious behind that idea??" (generators at gas stations) I think they did it without knowing it would be an issue (my guess anyway). I know they are involoved in several radio station contests (take the submarine to school, etc.) As I mentioned, before they came to the gas station, they were at a Safeway not too far away doing their thing. I can imagine Crush was probably there. And, to my knowledge, they didn't fill up with gas at the Chevron we were at. ???? I know it's sponsered by Chevron and Honda. Chevron gave out little keychain cars to the kids (and us adults since there were so few of us!).

Hmmmm . . . maybe the generator issue is just a Washington thing?? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlovett View Post
    maybe the Nemo Dream Mobile is zipping up and down the coast putting on private shows for big corporate audiences at Microsoft, Pixar, Intel, Lucasfilm, etc. and the public gets a little show here and there when it has to stop for fuel?

Katprint

I wish this were the case. DH works for Lucasfilm and that would be a great place to go see the Sub. I will ask him to keep an eye on the company intranet to see if they announce anything. I will let you all know if I hear anything.
    Disneyland trips: '72, '77' 78 '79, '80, '86, '99, '06, '07, '08, '09 , '11, '13, '14, '15 and '16

Blog Entries

Mermaidhair . . . on a slightly different subject . . . my husband's DREAM is to work for Lucasfilm!!!!!! (well, ILM) He's a computer animator/graphics based training artist for Boeing . . . We are headed down to LA in two weeks for the big Star Wars convention and visiting family and then Disneyland . . . JUST missing the new Nemo ride opening by a week.

Seeing the Nemo sub AND all the StarWars stuff would have been a completely, overly exciting day for my son (and I'm sure my hubby would have been all over it too!!). As it was, seeing it at Chevron was a pretty big deal. He's STILL talking about it!

"Seagulls pop up. MINE MINE!" (he's almost three)

USBurchs - have fun at Celebration and DL! Let us know how much fun you had when you get back.

The location listed for Sacramento, is actually in Stockton.

Amy

OH MY GOSH!!! THATS ME!!! LOL!!

I just came on to check the website & saw my friend, my son & me in the lower right hand of the pic of the sub!!! LOL!! I feel so special! I wish I knew a fellow padder was there. Nice to meet you UsBurchs.

ˇpermanecer sentados, por favor!

Blog Entries

Hee hee! I was all excited to be asked to have my photos posted on the weekly Disney update! Glad I could make others happy too.

Does anyone know the actual dates of when it will be in Stockton? I live in Stockton and would love to see it. I know the calendar originally said May 24 to 30 in the Sacramento area. Any help would be much appreciated!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Never mind, I found it. Looks like May 24.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD