Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Which is better: AP discount or Early Entry?

Which is better: AP discount or Early Entry?

My finacee and I are planning to buy APs for DL, and know all about getting a 3-day and upgrading, so you can use the Early Entry. However, we're going Sept 7-8, which is Fri & Sat. I can't do EE on Fri. Do I want to waste my AP discount on Fri, just for the EE on Sat? Is it worth it? Or should I just buy my AP and use it the entire time?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Rob9874 View Post
    My finacee and I are planning to buy APs for DL, and know all about getting a 3-day and upgrading, so you can use the Early Entry. However, we're going Sept 7-8, which is Fri & Sat. I can't do EE on Fri. Do I want to waste my AP discount on Fri, just for the EE on Sat? Is it worth it? Or should I just buy my AP and use it the entire time?
    Upgrade your hoppers to AP's after your Saturday EE. You can do so up until the park closes

...thanks for noticing me... amarvel's Avatar

i think so, the park will be pretty full on that saturday and if you arrive when the park opens there will already be people in the park so i think if you use EE you will get the leg up on the general public and will probably get many more rides. and in reality the 10% is only minor and if you want to purchase something more expensive or have a more expensive dinner just wait until after you have upgraded to do so

Angela, wife to guy in the two foot tall Tigger hat
    Click here to see My Disneyland Photos

I would do EE. The discount isn't that big of a difference. Unless you spend like $100+ on food for Friday. It would be like $10 off, but I would take EE for $5/Ea.

Check out my collection of Disneyland Videos here: HERE

Early Entry, for sure. It's invaluable. Like others have said, a discount isn't that great unless you're dropping serious cash.

Everybody's got a laughing place

Thanks everyone. Guess I'll be using my EE.

So I buy a 3-day pass at the gate Friday morning? And I can upgrade anytime Saturday?

It wasn't mentioned here by anyone but if you are staying at one of the resort properties (and I am not sure the good neighbor hotels count) you can still do EE with an AP. I have an AP and I got to use EE on every day we were there that they had it (because we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel). Just an FYI.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

Go for EE. This is a great benefit and definitely worth the small amount you will save with your discount. We get so much done in that 1st hour, I would happily pay to add it to my ticket.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn View Post
    It wasn't mentioned here by anyone but if you are staying at one of the resort properties (and I am not sure the good neighbor hotels count) you can still do EE with an AP. I have an AP and I got to use EE on every day we were there that they had it (because we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel). Just an FYI.
    Good Neighbor Hotels do not count. Only PP, DLH, adn GCH get early entry.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Nope, staying at the Hyatt, which I got on Priceline for $55/night.

Quote Originally Posted by losaitkens View Post
    Go for EE. This is a great benefit and definitely worth the small amount you will save with your discount. We get so much done in that 1st hour, I would happily pay to add it to my ticket.
    Do they include EE with gate tickets? I thought it was not a part of that particular ticket. Be sure to check this out ahead of time. I dont know the answer but I thought I read you have to get them ahead of time to get EE.

Ee!

Do EE on Saturday then upgrade on Saturday afternoon to APs

If you order your 3 day park hoppers from disneyland.com and have them sent to your house they come with EE on them (pretty sure they don't if you just purchase at the gate). They will also send you a coupon for 10% off - so that could make up for a missed AP discount on merchandise for Friday.

We loved EE... will definitely do it again! We did 5 rides in like a half hour! Then we cruised over to get in line for Splash at like 7:45 it was already open!

Do EE - you won't regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by PennyArcadeSplash View Post
    If you order your 3 day park hoppers from disneyland.com and have them sent to your house they come with EE on them (pretty sure they don't if you just purchase at the gate).
    You can also buy them at the Disney store. Pretty sure it has to be three days or more to get the EE option.
    Everybody's got a laughing place

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

related question

What days are EE's currently offered?

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

One more vote for EE. We just finished visiting the House of Mouse and upgraded mid-day on Monday (our EE day). By 9:00 am, my son and I had done all the big rides and got fast-passes for most of them as well. We skipped Nemo. Then we left mid-day for a rest. We upgraded on the way out. Came back at dinner and closed the park. It was awesome!

I didn't know you could go in on EE days if you stayed on-property. Totally worth it with an AP discount. I can't wait to go back!!!!!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    What days are EE's currently offered?
    I believe the days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
    Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

According to the Unofficial Guide, EE days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Beware, Thursday is trip day for Southern California day camps!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.