Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Things to Do in Tomorrowland?

Favorite Things to Do in Tomorrowland?

You knew this was coming, Astro Orbiters! What are your favorite things to do in Tomorrowland?

In all honesty, it's my least favorite land (despite having SM--one of my favorite rides). We don't spend too much time here, but I really do love riding Autopia (especially at night), boarding the train at Tomorrowland Station to venture into the Grand Canyon, and taking the occasional ride on The Monorail. We're also fans of Pizza Port--haven't been in awhile but they used to sell this really yummy trifle dessert: vanilla pudding, yellow sponge cake, whipped cream and strawberries served up in a cup. I LOVE that stuff!

2. # ADS

Dangerously Addicted to DLR

My new favorite thing is Jedi Training Academy. I used to love to look for Push the trashcan, but alas, he is now gone to DCA.

Least favorite thing: Astro Orbitors. That ride just HURTS!

- Callie
    "Happy is what happens when your dreams come true." Glinda the Good

Our FAVORITE thing to do in Tomorrowland is: walking up the fast pass entrance on Space (actually having fast passes. See lots of people told to "go back") and then when you get about 25' from the entrance guard (cast member) he/she halts the entire stand by line so we fast pass holders don't even have to stop; we blow right through. That is such a good time!!!

LOVE Space Mountain!!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Oh, I forgot--I LOVE the rotating sign at the Tomorrowland Train Station (know what I'm talking about?). That's probably my favorite Tomorrowland landmark after Space Mountain.

Sure do know what you are talking about

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

I used to like watching the patterns of the Cosmic Waves fountain, until it got all smelly and gross...

otherwise, Space Mountain is a great ride!

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"
    Check out The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets!

Blog Entries

I've become addicted to Buzz Lightyear.

Buzz is way up there as a fave, but hands down it is walking out of SM on a cool night, when all the neon signs are lit and you are hit in the face with the cool, humid air. We never get that in Alberta, unless it's foggy.

Disneyland October 2005, January 2006, January 2007, January 2008, January 2010, February 2011 Disneyland and Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Disney Wonder, January 2012 Disneyland & DCL Mexican Riviera, February 2013 DCL Wonder B2B, February 2014 DCL Fantasy, February 2015 DCL Fantasy & WDW, February 2016 DCL Fantasy & WDW, May 2017 Disneyland, February 2018 Disneyland. Coming soon... February 2019 Disneyland

The Matterhorn's become one of my favorite rides in recent years just because my older favorites (most in Tomorrowland) have been retired. The Matterhorn is not only exciting but it has a lot of atmosphere: snow, caverns, glowing crystals, polka music, wildflowers, and so on. On my last Disneyland trip I went on the Matterhorn about five times and videotaped every ride.

The Monorail is another of my longstanding favorites. It's like taking a trip into the real future, not a fantasy future. I always used to wish they'd build that proposed monorail between Los Angeles and San Diego: can you imagine getting on a monorail in say Disneyland (with a special ticket), zipping along at about 120 mph above I-5, and arriving in San Diego minutes later? Awesome, and with enough money it could be done. The monorail is therefore great not only for the scenery but for its real possibilities.

I'm somewhat disappointed in the rest of modern Tomorrowland. Space Mountain's kind of cool, like the Matterhorn, although it's hard to pretend you're really in space on it, unlike the Matterhorn, where it's easy to visualize being in a bobsled. Pizza Port is mildly interesting because it's retro and has old atom designs that remind me of ATIS, and it has old Tomorrowland posters. Astro Orbiters are OK but they scare me for some reason: maybe my high center of gravity or their angle of tilt or something. Primeval World is good, but I don't really consider that Tomorrowland. That's about all that's on my interest list for modern Tomorrowland.

I guess as a land this is the least cohesively themed but SM is my most favortiestest ride of all so it certainly has that as a draw....I guess I would love to see it as more of a land and bring back the house of the future and have more robot denizens and the old space man and space woman from the 50s kind of thing would be really cool. More announcements like in STAR TOURS would be cool.

Love BLAB and the Jedi training is so fun to watch...I always noticed that the girls are really good...you go girls.....and the monorail is one of my favorite ways to view DISNEYLAND....I always like to ENTER in the A.m. on Main ST. but upon returning to the park I dig the monorail entrance.

And no matter whether you are thumbs up or thumbs down on the new subs the view of the lagoon when they are running is awesome and I am so excited to see that NOT dormant on my next visit this OCTOBER. I myself am looking forward to the ride though.....of couse I AM mad....

My favorite things about Tomorrowland...

Space Mountain, Rockin' or otherwise
    The view of Tomorrowland from the top level of the Space Mountain line
    Redd Rockett's Pizza Port, especially the Countdown Chicken Fusilli
    Star Tours
    BLAB stopping while I'm on it so I can hit 999,999 easier

"The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

California Dreamin

Tomorowland

My favorite things are Star Tours and Astro Orbiter. I always ride Astro Orbiter late at night, right before the park closes. Just a fun little tradition.

I think that Tomorowland is still awesome even if its quality has declined some over the years. I hope that sometime soon I will be able to say the new Submarine Voyage is a favorite of mine.

futurecm21

"Oh, that's real creative! What do you call your foot, new hand?"

-Groundskeeper Willie

A pirate's life for me! misdisney's Avatar

I love SM of corse but my new thing is The Jedi Training. My 8yr old daughter got to be in the show and fight Darth Vador, it was so fun for her and for me to watch , we can't wait to do it again when we go "IN 28 DAYS"!!!

Space Mountain, BLAB, and Star Tours for sure.
    Walking into TL from the Hub at night, and seeing all the neon lighting up the area.
    Listening to the 80's All Starz.

Hmmm, I guess there isn't really much more to do in TL. For me, it just doesn't have the atmosphere that the other lands have.

The Jedi Training show is a MUST see! My husband and I saw it and absolutely loved it (even mailed DL to them how much we liked it). We are heading back down May 5 with our 17 year old son who is a Star Wars fan. We know he will also like the show. I think he might be bummed, though, that he can't participate.

Brother, Sister, Friends yohomama212's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We love the Jedi Training Academy! DS always says he'll finally try to get in, then chickens out. DD wants so bad to have her turn, but she'll have to wait a bit. I love watching her watch the show, she gets so animated!

Star Tours is going to be my first post-partum ride! My first date with DH was to see Star Wars: Ep II, we're total geeks! I miss not being able to ride and can't wait to take DS on his first Star Tour!

We like taking the Monorail in to the park now so we can see "Nemo's home".

R2P2 is my second favorite place in the park to eat.

I've ridden SM once in my life, not on my top ten rides.

Liz

Everything's different.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    My new favorite thing is Jedi Training Academy. I used to love to look for Push the trashcan, but alas, he is now gone to DCA.

Least favorite thing: Astro Orbitors. That ride just HURTS!
    seriously! it hurts so much! =]
    i don't think lots of people are crazy about this, but innoventions. haha. i think its because i was a computer geek back in the day (because i'm so old) and i loved going in there.
    and that buzz lightyear one.

I've never been a fan of Tomorrowland but I made myself go through it this last time I went in August. I went through Innoventions and enjoyed emailing my friends from inside Disneyland, that was great! I also had fun going through Star Traders and watching a kid dancing at the Dance Dance Revolution game. I had no idea they had video games there! Next time through I might explore it even more and try some of the rides.

-Foodie

Star Tours

Our favorites are SM, ST, Autopia, we use the Monorail often mainly because we stay on property, also looking forward to the new sub ride.

Obviously Space Mountain is at the top of the list. I also love the queue for Star Tours, all the little droid things, and R2 and Threepio of course. There is a lot of detail there that people miss out on. I agree with the person who said they love it when Buzz stops so you can rack up the points!

Shopping in the Star Wars section just as you get off Star Tours is fun as well.

Have to agree, Astro Orbitor is THE most uncomfortable ride in either park, and it isn't even close. I'd rather go on Mulholland Madness for 12 hrs straight, and I'm not very comfortable in those vehicles either!

I know I'm in the minority, but Innoventions!!

I suspect it's because my daughter and I always go in to spend some time playing VMK together. Now we're actually getting to know some of the CMs there, and we made one friend who helped us complete fireworks and jungle cruise games that we'd been stuck on forever. We look forward to stopping in every visit!

The Monorail is really growing on us, though. Last visit, we rode it over and over to look at the Nemo lagoon.

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

2010 Year of The Tiger The Evil Queen's Avatar

Hands down...

...SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!! Yahooooooooooooo!

Disneyland Regular

I find it interesting that through all these posts, not one is about the atmosphere of the land. In the other lands, people talk about strolling or going to a nice quiet area, but this thread is only about the attractions. Maybe that's what's missing. No where to just sit, relax and enjoy the environment of Disneyland.

2010 Year of The Tiger The Evil Queen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytebear View Post
    I find it interesting that through all these posts, not one is about the atmosphere of the land. In the other lands, people talk about strolling or going to a nice quiet area, but this thread is only about the attractions. Maybe that's what's missing. No where to just sit, relax and enjoy the environment of Disneyland.
    You're right, Bytebear! The "benches" between BLAB and Star Tours and ALWAYS crowded and the Buzz Cafe area near Jedi Training always seem sooo cold. We always seem to make the mad dash to the rides and overlook the atmosphere.

It is pretty cool, tho, how all the "flowers" are edible!