Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Last minute trip! Anything I should know?

Last minute trip! Anything I should know?

I just decided this morning that my daughter (11) and I NEED to go to DL next week (4/5-4/7). I know it will be CRAZY busy and I haven't been paying any attention to what's going on at DL because we've been planning a trip to WDW. I already booked the HOJO. We're DL pros, really...last trip was last May. Anything I should know about what's been going on? Any tips on the million dreams thing?

2. # ADS

I will be there with my daughter( 10yr ) 4/05-4/10 we were just there Nov/06. I do know the Electrical Parade will be on in DCA. We are just sad that Splash Mountain will be closed & Fantasmic will be down. Thank goodness we have another trip booked for Sept/07.

I wish I could decide to go to DL on a whim like that!

Splash Mountain will be closed, of course, along with the Mark Twain and Fantasmic!. Other than that, you should be able to enjoy most of the attractions. Have fun!

Disneyland Regular

Be sure and ride the Monorail so you can see into the lagoon.

I'm wishing

Ohhh don't forget to swing by TN on your way and grab me!

Seriously, I am so jealous! Just make sure to have a Dole Whip for me. And when you are 1/4 of the way finished... smile knowing mine would be gone already! Have a blast snoopyfan and snoopyfanjr.

*~Aimee~*
    rather inclined to giggle

Quote Originally Posted by junglemom View Post
    Ohhh don't forget to swing by TN on your way and grab me!

Seriously, I am so jealous! Just make sure to have a Dole Whip for me. And when you are 1/4 of the way finished... smile knowing mine would be gone already! Have a blast snoopyfan and snoopyfanjr.
    hee...hee
    Not my fault you moved. So many things to think about! I actually forgot about the Dole Whip! Let's hope it all works out.

I'm wishing

Oh don't forget Captain Jack sparrow is there now. You must get your photo with him!

*~Aimee~*
    rather inclined to giggle

We decided to go to DL on 12-3 and were there on 12-5! It was crazy. We booked a room, but upgraded to the DL Hotel once we got there.

Quote Originally Posted by junglemom View Post
    Oh don't forget Captain Jack sparrow is there now. You must get your photo with him!
    Oh we remembered that! There was much excitement about the new Pirates stuff.
    I didn't even think about the monorail thing. Now we have to ride it to see the lagoon. Any other reminders?

As for dreams- watch for the dream team handing things out. From what I've read, when they are handing out multiple amounts of one thing, like lanyards, you can walk up and possibly get one.

Linda

Disneyland Makes Me Happy!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hlbtimes2 View Post
    As for dreams- watch for the dream team handing things out. From what I've read, when they are handing out multiple amounts of one thing, like lanyards, you can walk up and possibly get one.
    Really???? Hmmm.....I REALLY should be on the look-out now cuz I really want a pair of Dream Ears. Those are so beautiful!! Hopefully the next time I go I'll find the dream team [I never find them anywhere around me. Sad.] and if I just walk up to them, I'll get a prize!