Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Water Park Passes

Water Park Passes

I am trying to find out if you have park passes with water park options... are the waterparks considered a day. I know MK, MGM, Epcot, and AK are all day parks but someone told me the water parks are not considered " a park". Does anyone have info on this? [/FONT] [/FONT]

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

You can get park hopper passes, but that's for the 4 major parks. To get the water parks too, you will need a park hopper plus the water parks. I forget its exact name, but someone here will let you know. Depending on how many days/times you want to go to the water parks, Disney Quest, etc., you may be better off buying a one-day pass to whichever water park you want to go to.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

If you buy a 3 day pass with the "Water Park & More" option you will get:

- 3 days in your choice of AK, MGM, MK or Epcot. You will get one admission per day into a single park. If you want to go to more than one park in a day you'll either have to use up another day on your pass or buy the park hopper
    - 3 days admission into water parks, Downtown Disney, World of Sports, etc.

So a 3 day with Water Park pass will get you 6 days of admissions.

The number of days admissions into the water parks and other non-park places varies based on the number of park days you buy.

It can be confusing for sure.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ccudmore View Post
    If you buy a 3 day pass with the "Water Park & More" option you will get:

- 3 days in your choice of AK, MGM, MK or Epcot. You will get one admission per day into a single park. If you want to go to more than one park in a day you'll either have to use up another day on your pass or buy the park hopper
    - 3 days admission into water parks, Downtown Disney, World of Sports, etc.

So a 3 day with Water Park pass will get you 6 days of admissions.

The number of days admissions into the water parks and other non-park places varies based on the number of park days you buy.

It can be confusing for sure.
    The bolded part is incorrect. You can NOT use a second day on a non-park hopper ticket to get into a second park in a day. If you want to visit 2 major parks on the same day you MUST buy the hopping option.

One way I've heard it described, the 'days' in the MYW ticket is for days of admission to one of the 4 major parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Studios, or Animal Kingdom) then the number of 'water fun and more options' are that number of ADMISSIONS to the 'minor parks'.

So if you get a 3 day MYW ticket without park hopping, but with the Water Park & More option, you could go to MK one day, Epcot another day, and the Studios another day (just to pick 3) - AND get into a water park, Disney Quest, Pleasure Island, or Wild World of Sports 3 different times. The 'and more' options you can do more than one on a day (and it doesn't have to be a day you do or don't use a major park admission).

Thanks for the clarification. Like I said, it's crazy confusing.

Friend of Figment

This is a "canned" response with the assumption you have a ten day MYW ticket with both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privledges on one card. Everything expires 14 days after first use unless you have the no-expire option.

You have ten days of access to the four major parks (AK, EC, MGM, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have six entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, PI, TL, WWS). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, DQ in the afternoon, and club hopping at PI in the evening of one day you would have used three of the six entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the MYW ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the Water Fun option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

(I work as a Greeter/Tickets/Guest Services at one of the Water Parks.)

Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.