Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Yikes! Rain on Wednesday! [March 28 '07]

DISNEYLAND here I come!

Yikes! Rain on Wednesday! [March 28 '07]

Just a vent-
    We will be at Disneyland 3/24-3/28. I am stressed because I just looked at the weather and it says rain on Wed! Now if it were just me and DH it would be OK. I am worried about how to keep my 7 month old dry. (I also have a 3 year old but she will be OK in rain gear.)
    Anyway- I hope I am not stuck at the hotel by myself on Wed.

2. # ADS

So sorry about your forecast - we are heading into the countdown now and I am beginning to watch the forecasts now - I am hoping that the March rains have not been delayed and won't start falling in the next couple of weeks.

Are there any rain patterns in DL area - like where we are, we usually get afternoon rains that come in around 2pm and usually clear up by 4pm.

I am starting to get nervous too!!
    -Amy

Brother, Sister, Friends yohomama212's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Babies R Us has a lot of great rain gear products for strollers. We got a cover for our little stoller when I went up to Washington with DD for a few days. It fit nicely and had vents to keep the air circulating. I don't think it was more than $15. If I could find it, I would give it to you, but it was left in DH's truck and has disappeared! I really don't plan on using it again since I really hate the rain.

Liz

Everything's different.

DISNEYLAND here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by yohomama212 View Post
    Babies R Us has a lot of great rain gear products for strollers. We got a cover for our little stoller when I went up to Washington with DD for a few days. It fit nicely and had vents to keep the air circulating. I don't think it was more than $15. If I could find it, I would give it to you, but it was left in DH's truck and has disappeared! I really don't plan on using it again since I really hate the rain.

Liz
    THANK YOU!! I didn't even think of that! (silly me!) DH is going to Babies R Us after work! I am so glad I posted now! LOL

In a pinch the Disneyland rain ponchos (about $8 in the park) will work as a stroller cover. They are a clearish white plastic. They dont fit snuggly so the air would still flow.

Linda

Rain is a good thing!!

Having it rain actually will enhance your visit! Considering how busy the parks have been the rain should keep away the crowds. I've been wishing for rain so we can enjoy the parks with lower wait times. Have fun. Dress warm.

It never rains on March 28th! That is my son's birthday and knock on wood, it has always been a nice day for the past 8 years

However, if it does rain, the only thing you have to worry about are showers. And then you might plan on

Animation building in DCA
    Playhouse Disney in DCA
    Aladdin Musical in DCA
    A character meal
    Aladdin and Jasmin storytime, in DL
    Princess Fair, in DL

Don't stress, just keep checking the weather. Today we had sprinkles, which my kids used to call "cloud spit" because it doesn't last very long. I'd be more concerned about the wind, because it can be a bit chilly when wind gusts come. Keep in mind I'm saying chilly as a So. Cal native, so currently it's chilly and it's 58 degrees and a little breezy.

It's raining now

By the way it began raining around 12:00pm today! FYI

DISNEYLAND here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by josephfive View Post
    It never rains on March 28th! That is my son's birthday and knock on wood, it has always been a nice day for the past 8 years

However, if it does rain, the only thing you have to worry about are showers. And then you might plan on

Animation building in DCA
    Playhouse Disney in DCA
    Aladdin Musical in DCA
    A character meal
    Aladdin and Jasmin storytime, in DL
    Princess Fair, in DL

Don't stress, just keep checking the weather. Today we had sprinkles, which my kids used to call "cloud spit" because it doesn't last very long. I'd be more concerned about the wind, because it can be a bit chilly when wind gusts come. Keep in mind I'm saying chilly as a So. Cal native, so currently it's chilly and it's 58 degrees and a little breezy.
    My birthday is 3/29!! We will be leaving DL that day.

2010 Year of The Tiger The Evil Queen's Avatar

Bummer! Supreme Bummer! We'll be there next week, too! Yesterday's forecast was just fine, but you're right! Rain! Perhaps it will change again.

Oh well...We've been there with rain before and it doesn't "dampen" our spirits! Hang in there and have a great time!

Rain at the parks is NEVER a bad thing! In many cases, our family hopes for rain! As soon as people start to feel a near sprinkle they head to city hall and complain that disney should "do something!" and ultimately end up leaving the parks. The only time I've ever truely walked onto pretty much every single ride with my group was during a downpour. I'll easilly trade a pair of soggy jeans (that I can later change out of and into a dry pair) for the 2-hour-line-for-every-ride-imaginable spring break crowd.

Yet another Team Mouseplanet CHOC walker WHO MADE HER CONTRIBUTION GOAL! Thanks everyone!

"Why does breakfast in Downtown Disney District cost an average of $30? They're EGGS, people. I don't care how much rent costs. EGGS." -Monte Cristo

-=椺²°`¯13¯`°²º¤æ=- Another Dimension's Avatar

Today, 3/20.. in the afternoon it never really came down more than a medium drizzle... but both parks had healthy crowds.

In the steady drizzle around 4pm, Screamin' had a 50 minute wait (with only 3 trains, even though I really dreamed otherwise) and about 10 minutes earlier, Buzz Lightyear had a 25 minute wait as I Fast Passed it...

Score a poncho somewhere, Target, .99, Dollar Tree, Discount Barn, K mart, Your Local Yadda Yadda Store... or buy the premium deluxe ones at Disneyland.

Dress warm, but prepare for no rain, and maybe warmer than expected weather also...
    Anaheim weather is weird... and have fun!

Even in real rain, both parks are FUN!

A little warning though,DCA is really slick in some places...

Disneyland used to have many (more) custodial CMs out on rainy days it seems, and in many many places sweeping down/attempting to dry slippery walkways, and many Slippery When Wet signs around. Not in DCA.

DCA is really slippery in many spots in the Golden State.
    I saw several people slip and hit the ground today in just an hour at DCA.

Hey Disney... DCA. Is. Slick.

so sorry about the wierd weather on your trip.

The weather has actually been warm the last few days and all of a sudden on the last day of winter it begins to get cold and rainy.

Hopefully it leaves just for these next few days during your trip and the warm weather comes back but we hope it comes back next week because we have not had any rain this year. Looks like our rainy season has been delayed

DISNEYLAND here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Dimension View Post
    Today, 3/20.. in the afternoon it never really came down more than a medium drizzle... but both parks had healthy crowds.

In the steady drizzle around 4pm, Screamin' had a 50 minute wait (with only 3 trains, even though I really dreamed otherwise) and about 10 minutes earlier, Buzz Lightyear had a 25 minute wait as I Fast Passed it...

Score a poncho somewhere, Target, .99, Dollar Tree, Discount Barn, K mart, Your Local Yadda Yadda Store... or buy the premium deluxe ones at Disneyland.

Dress warm, but prepare for no rain, and maybe warmer than expected weather also...
    Anaheim weather is weird... and have fun!

Even in real rain, both parks are FUN!

A little warning though,DCA is really slick in some places...

Disneyland used to have many (more) custodial CMs out on rainy days it seems, and in many many places sweeping down/attempting to dry slippery walkways, and many Slippery When Wet signs around. Not in DCA.

DCA is really slippery in many spots in the Golden State.
    I saw several people slip and hit the ground today in just an hour at DCA.

Hey Disney... DCA. Is. Slick.
    Good to know!

where are you looking at the weather forcast.. im looking on weather.com and its showing sunny on the 28th but storms on 27th thats when we will be at DCA.. it rained when we went to DCA 2 years ago as well.. haha

Believing is just the Beginning
    1996 2005 2007 2009
    Countdown is on to DISNEYLAND 2012!

DISNEYLAND here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyxminnie View Post
    where are you looking at the weather forcast.. im looking on weather.com and its showing sunny on the 28th but storms on 27th thats when we will be at DCA.. it rained when we went to DCA 2 years ago as well.. haha
    I also was looking at weather.com. Looks like it changed to Tuesday now. Hopefully by then it will change again to be just cloudy!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    Having it rain actually will enhance your visit! Considering how busy the parks have been the rain should keep away the crowds. I've been wishing for rain so we can enjoy the parks with lower wait times. Have fun. Dress warm.
    Yeah, last trip to the park it poured for a bit on 2 days. The evening of those 2 days was fantastic as the park was a ghost town. We literally rode Splash Mountain 8 times in a row, trying to get that perfect picture. I'd have to say it would rank up there very high as my all time best night at the park.

We were, however, SOAKED during the day.

California Dreamin

Smile Rain

Its rained for the last two days here in Colorado, and I love it! Rain is my favorite type of weather, I could spend whole months in it. I also love it at Disneyland, it keeps away the crowds, and there really aren't many attractions that close due to the rain. I think you will enjoy it, so bundle up and have fun.
    futurecm21

"Oh, that's real creative! What do you call your foot, new hand?"

-Groundskeeper Willie

Today is beautiful!! Hope you had a great trip!

Disneyland Regular

Lately Southern California has been like Camelot. It only rains after sunset.