Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: [Magic Kingdom] Fireworks and the [beach at] Polynesian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

[Magic Kingdom] Fireworks and the [beach at] Polynesian

are the Fireworks viewable from the Poly beach? where's the best spot?

Yes, you can see them from the beach. You will not get the music piped in but you can see everything. The best place to view is from the balcony of a Magic Kingdom view room. Kidding. Anywhere on the beach is fine.

go a bit early and watch the Electrical Water parade first. Then the fireworks.

"First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins

Quote Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
    Yes, you can see them from the beach. You will not get the music piped in but you can see everything. The best place to view is from the balcony of a Magic Kingdom view room. Kidding. Anywhere on the beach is fine.
    We could see them just fine from the ground floor room at Hawaii as well!

However, that music from the water parade gets a bit annoying after the 5th night....

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
    I thought they played the music at various locations? Maybe that's just inside the restaurants that have a view.

When we stayed this past June you could hear the music from nearly everywhere on the grounds and even underwater if you happen to be swimming in the pool!! We watched them nearly every night from the pool area while the kids were swimming!

Lightbulb

There's a beautiful view of the fireworks and of the "water parade" from the Poly beach - however if you make a quick trip to GFR and sit anywhere near or on the dock, you have just as beautiful of view and you can hear the music perfectly. There might be a tiny bit of a delay (sound sequence) but it's really nice.

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole

i'm not a fan of the view of the fireworks from the poly beach. i guess it's my own fault, but most views i've seen (and even photos), have the castle mostly hidden so you can only see the top 1/4 of it or so. conversely, the view from ohana is spectacular.

no music, but a great spot outside of the MK seems to me to be the TTC ferry dock. you get a beautiful head-on view of the castle, the train station too.

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by hdlzx2 View Post
    are the Fireworks viewable from the Poly beach? where's the best spot?

While watching Wishes from the beach can be nice, what's really spectacular is watching the July 4th Fantasy in the Sky from the same location. A few of my coworkers and I did that when I was working seasonal a couple summers ago and it was great! They bring out the barges from the Electrical Water Pageant so you can hear the music, plus they put on a little light show to go along with the fireworks.

Other options are the TTC, they pipe in the music in the area past the ticket booths and also the concourse level of the Contemporary, they have a little balcony that has the music piped in as well.
    WDWCP Spring Advantage 2003 Alumni

Hey, Hdlax2,

Where is the trip report? Hmmm!

Another thumbs up for the fireworks from the Poly beach. We had a nice dinner at O'hanas (right be the window) and watched the light parade from there. Since we couldn't stall long enough, we walked out to the beach, pulled up some chairs and watched the show. True, you can't see the whole castle, and Tinkerbell's flight is not the same, but being able to watch terrific fireworks in a relaxed, non-crowded environment at least once during the trip was well worth it.

Offsite 10/91----Contemporary 10/93---All Star Sports 11/94---All Star Sports 12/97---Dixie Landings 10/99---All Star Movies 12/01---All Star Music 4/03---Wilderness Lodge 6/04---French Quarter 8/06---Pop Century(80s) 7/07---TBD 7/08

firework display

Ive been visiting WDW since i was a wee boy, we used to watch the firework display from the balcony at the ploynesian and it was truely fantastic leaving a lump in your throat and tears in your eyes! the last few vissits have`nt been quite as moving, this is because they dont play the music round the lagoon to the display like they use to, why is this? Are there any plans to bring back the music, the music tells the storey?

Bring It Back!!!!!

We saw the fireworks from the beach at the Poly in June and they had the music playing -- it was such a nice way to end the day!

Quote Originally Posted by alex kirby View Post
    Ive been visiting WDW since i was a wee boy, we used to watch the firework display from the balcony at the Polynesian and it was truly fantastic leaving a lump in your throat and tears in your eyes!
    I merged your thread with another recent thread discussing the same topic. See above for responses.

Blog Entries

Is the water pageant every night? We are going to the MK two days in a row. On the second day we were thinking of heading over to Ohana's for supper then watch the pageant and Wishes from the Poly beach. We were planning this day for Feb 2 and I know specro is hit or miss in the evening at that time of year, but I was curious about the pageant. Oh, is the pageant at the same time as Wishes? Or just after?

Kim
    I finally "get it" I truly, truly do.