Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Good place to see fireworks?

Good place to see fireworks?

My wife and I have been to WDW many times and normally watch the fireworks from the Casey's Corner area. I am wondering if you know of a better location, keeping in mind that my wife cannot get any closer than Casey's Corner without the fireworks bothering her. (she says they make her heart feel like it is going out of sync) I would like to move to a different location this time, since I take pictures and would like a different perspective.

Jonathan

2. # ADS

Sorry I cannot help you with this, I have never ever, ever, stayed for any fireworks! (I know I can hear you all gasping - a cardinal sin!), so I would like to know the best location also, in order that I can stay and watch them when I go in September.

Why not try the area where you get on the train, "above" Main Street - you're elevated and the area isn't crowded. It's a great place for space and pictures!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How about down by water near Tomorrowland? Or over the bridge into Tomorrowland. I don't think any of those are any closer than Casey's (but they might be). I'd just make sure you don't have any trees obstructing.

Another place that was surprisingly not too bad was in the street in front of Pecos Bills. That might really help your wife, since it feels like it's more protected.

I don't know if it's like this further back from the castle, but when we were there in May, I was surprised to find that we were able to stand right in the middle of Main Street, dead center in front of the castle and had an amazing, fairly unobstructed view, even with all the other ppl doing the same. We were a few yards up from Casey's toward the castle. Not sure if you would be able to do the same parallel to or further back from Casey's, but might be worth a shot.

Why not try the area where you get on the train, "above" Main Street - you're elevated and the area isn't crowded. It's a great place for space and pictures!
    Is this area open during fireworks? I have never peaked around the corner at Casey's to notice.

Another place that was surprisingly not too bad was in the street in front of Pecos Bills.
    How is the view of the castle from there?
    Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley Fan View Post
    Is this area open during fireworks? I have never peaked around the corner at Casey's to notice.

How is the view of the castle from there?

We stumbled upon this view by accident last year while attempting to board the train when we realized that the fireworks were just beginning. The CM's had no problem allowing us to stand there (or sit) and watch the show.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can't see the castle from in front of Pecos Bills, but you can see most of the shells. Ok, so, not the best idea if you're wanting to take pictures (oops).