Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Haunted Mansion Closing For Renovations

Haunted Mansion Closing For Renovations

Just thought I'd let this board know that the Haunted Mansion will officially be closing for renovations from June 6th- September 12. I got the info from the Disney World website incase anyone doesn't believe it.

2. # ADS

California Dreamin

Smile Haunted Mansion

Sounds good! I understand that this will be a much needed refurbishment, and I can't wait to ride after it is completed! Thanks sharing the info.

futurecm21

"Oh, that's real creative! What do you call your foot, new hand?"

-Groundskeeper Willie

AP holder - WDW Frequenter

excited, hope its just repairs/paint

Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

WAH! We leave on Sept 10th!

Here's hoping they get ahead oh schedule and we get to ride it near the end of our trip. *fingers crossed* Do you think if I offered to pitch in, it could speed things up?

Sharon
    "PIN SUCKERS" UNITE!

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion...

Quote Originally Posted by ILovePoker View Post
    Just thought I'd let this board know that the Haunted Mansion will officially be closing for renovations from June 6th- September 12. I got the info from the Disney World website incase anyone doesn't believe it.
    On one hand, What a bummer, we will be there july 14th and that is one of my favorite rides. On the other hand, it is time.
    Walt Disney World, Always : :

'82 off site, Jan/Feb. 04 Pop Century, Aug.05 pop, July 06 pop, July 07 pop

BuryMeInTheCaribbeanW/Pirates
    Whew!! It will still be open when I visit in a few days.

And then I will see the results (all good, I hope) of the renovations when I go again in October. Just hope it is not another Tiki Room.
    My dog, Cookie, is a Llasa Apso and her breed is from Tibet. So let her ride Expedition Everest because I won't ride it again.

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole

it's actually a TON of things. the sound system is being replaced/updated and they're injecting a storyline for the first time, a la Disneyland's new HM changes.

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter

Glad I'll get to see it before the re-do......I know they have to "keep up with the times" but I hate seeing all the classic rides being done over. I have such fond memories of them as a kid.

Clotho - I think if both you and I get in there to help we'll speed it up.

But I will be there until Sept. 14th so I'm gonna use my mojo to prevent any delays. Does anyone know if these scheduled rehabs go overtime very often?

I'm a geek, I never finish anyth

barring any unforseen problems, dates are usually overestimated to give themselves some room.

attraction opens earlier than expected? happy, impressed guests.

later than expected? not so happy, especially if guests time their trips for that particular occasion.

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Follow on Twitter

AP holder - WDW Frequenter

^yup

im hoping for DLs Splash Mountain will be open in time for my trip, as well as mr toads wild ride.

Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

Two princesses!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bradk View Post
    barring any unforseen problems, dates are usually overestimated to give themselves some room.

attraction opens earlier than expected? happy, impressed guests.

later than expected? not so happy, especially if guests time their trips for that particular occasion.
    Too bad it isn't overestimated for the start of renovations in my case! I'll be there June 10-15, so I'll have just missed getting one last ride. Darn these Northeast schools and their make-up snow days!
    Jenna
    Proud to be a DVC member!!!
    Last trip: June 8-12 BWV sans with kids
    Next trip: May 2009 (so far, far away)

I am SO dissapointed!! First Teppanyaki and now this!!! We finally got our 10 yr oldagreeing to go on it with his eyes open this time!!! What's next?

Just back and I miss Disney already!!

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakygeek View Post
    But I will be there until Sept. 14th so I'm gonna use my mojo to prevent any delays. Does anyone know if these scheduled rehabs go overtime very often?
    Let's put it this way: The first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is slated for September 14. What do you think the odds are that the Mansion will not open for the Party?

Very Good point!

Just back and I miss Disney already!!

the HM actually gets special attention during MNSSH. it's specially lit and there's a face character outside chatting up the crowd.

although who knows what will be in store this year with all the changes.

Follow on Twitter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We've been looking forward to going on this again---we went on it for the first time on our last trip, but Evan was only 8 and was a little too scared. He told me he definitely feels ready to do it again, and now this?????

Well, I guess this means we're just going to have to book another trip, then, huh?
    Disney trips: January 1976, July 2003, July 2005, July 2007, and December 2008!

We're going to spend Christmas at WDW!

Come on people, stop the complaining. Their are like 100+ other attractions that will be operating at the resort and when one closes for maintenance, there is an uproar.

Folks who visit Disneyland have it so much worse. Sometimes they can have up to five attractions closed at a time.

Come on people, stop the complaining. Their are like 100+ other attractions that will be operating at the resort and when one closes for maintenance, there is an uproar.
    It's only natural for people to be upset if one of their favorites is closed. I can remember in the old days of the 60's & 70's, long before the internet, of going to DL and racing up to the ticket booth to see which attractions were closed. And if it was one of the biggies like Pirates or the HM, it was a really sucky start to your day!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor