Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I bring food into Disneyland?

Can I bring food into Disneyland?

I was always under the impression that food couldn't be brought in? Did I totally miss the boat on this one?
    Can glass baby bottles be brought in?

TIA!

2. # ADS

food yes, glass no. In about a few minutes you'll get many people saying you can bring in food, so doesn't matter what I say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I was always under the impression that food couldn't be brought in? Did I totally miss the boat on this one?

TIA!
    Glass is not allowed. You can bring in food, as long as it is in moderation. If you have an ice chest, you will be sent to the picnic area to put it in a locker. If you have ziploc baggies with goodies in it, they won't hassle you. If you are bringing a hibachi and some steaks, they will ask you to leave it...

We usually bring fruit, crackers, water, salami, and have brought McDs. Never had a problem.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

You can bring in about as much food as would fit in a small soft-sided cooler (a 6-pack size).

You cannot bring in Tupperware or Rubbermaid types of containers (assuming the bag-check CM sees it or stops it. Some do.)

You should be able to bring in glass baby food jars - they SELL THEM in the park!!! Some bag-check CMs will stop you if they see them, but not all. (Are you seeing that the bag-checkers can be inconsistent?) I won't lie: I wrap them up inside of sweatshirts or blankets or something that makes it hard to see. It's BABY FOOD for goodness sakes! And there is plenty of glass available inside the park for anyone who wants to break some.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I saw some people walking in with carrier bags full of stuff that had been bought outside the park, and the CMs on the gate wouldn't let them in. The trick: don't be too obvious!

*DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

Quote Originally Posted by Vegitabeta View Post
    I saw some people walking in with carrier bags full of stuff that had been bought outside the park, and the CMs on the gate wouldn't let them in. The trick: don't be too obvious!
    Exactly! Don't be too obvious. We once brought cold sandwiches in, but they weren't made yet. That was the problem. So we sent the bread through one bag and the other stuff in another, and one CM just patted the bag. She didn't open it or anything. The other opened it and looked through it and stuff. In the end, we were able to bring it in. But there is a picnic area that you can eat in later. Just stuff your food in a locker, maybe?

So, we can't bring a pb&j into the park in a plastic sandwich keeper? I just bought a 4-pack of them for the trip!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mask41 View Post
    So, we can't bring a pb&j into the park in a plastic sandwich keeper? I just bought a 4-pack of them for the trip!
    You can try, but they usually won't allow it. Ziploc baggies are the acceptable "norm".

We'll bring both I guess, but what's the difference - I just thought tupperware so we don't end up with pb&j smoosh!

Yes, you can bring it into the park...BUT you must eat in in the picnic ground out side the park Kiddding.....

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post

TIA!
    We just love the season changes @ Disneyland

Blog Entries
    We'll bring both I guess, but what's the difference - I just thought tupperware so we don't end up with pb&j smoosh!
    If it is in tupperware, they will have you put it in the picnic area lockers. Then again, some dont check well and might not even notice it.

Do you think if I explained the pb&j is for my son with autism and it is all he will eat, they would let it slide? Or, is this a hard fast rule - I hate when people hassle employees who are only trying to do their job!

Do you think if I explained the pb&j is for my son with autism and it is all he will eat, they would let it slide? Or, is this a hard fast rule - I hate when people hassle employees who are only trying to do their job!
    Maybe, but also you could just hide them down your pants or something!
    *DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

1) security is not consistent.

2) depends on the size of your tupperware container...

I have brought a SMALL sandwich container into the park many times. Keeps the sandwich (or other things) from getting crushed. I think that as long as each member of your party is carrying a "snack" for just them - it is easier to get it into the park.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek
    I won't lie: I wrap them up inside of sweatshirts or blankets or something that makes it hard to see.
    I do the same with Frapucchinos (if you want to see how ... stop me at the MA picnic on Saturday)
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Blog Entries

Same concept -- are they ok with bringing bottled water into the park as long as it's in plastic bottles? Do the bottles still have to be sealed, or do they just not care quite that much?

Always Dreaming of Disneyland.

We brought water bottles all the time(some frozen solid even).Never did it get pointed out. You will be O.K. They also do not have to be sealed.

Priscilla
    THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE.........ARE NOT THINGS

Blog Entries

Yay -- planning way ahead for MouseAdventure.

AP holder - WDW Frequenter
    Quote Originally Posted by just beatla33 View Post
    food yes, glass no. In about a few minutes you'll get many people saying you can bring in food, so doesn't matter what I say.

Anyway,

Bringing in food spoils some of the fun - eating at the various places I think enhances the experience of DL, WDW, theme parks in general.

If its a matter of needing to save the money then of course by all means but i think its safe to say to keep the food in a limited amount and be smart with the things you bring in. They dont want excess glass in the park that can be broken and left on the floor for people to get hurt. Yes you can buy baby food in glass jars in there but its kept to a minimum. If everyone brought in glass it could cause a potential problem
    Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Re: Tupperware containers...

I've been told* that the concern is that they can be made into bombs.

Frankly, if you get 'caught' or, I guess, if a CM finds something that bothers that CM, you won't get in with it. If they find it and don't like it, good luck trying to talk them out of it.

As others have said (including me, LOL) it's all up to who you get, how well they look, and what that person's inclination is. If someone sees a container and doesn't like the container, they won't let it in. So you have to decide how much you want to risk and how well you think you can pack your bag.

If it were me I'd do one of two things:

I'd either ditch the sandwich containers for ziplocks -OR- I'd bring ziplocks and if a CM stopped me, I'd ditch the container in a trash can near the bag check and move the sandwich to the ziplock.

Oh, and we frequently bring our own water bottles, but even better than water bottles, we love our camelbaks! We can put ice in the camelbacks and with our insulated carriers, the water and ice stay cool long into the day!!

Adrienne

* I have done no research on this matter so I don't know how true it is, I'm just repeating what I've been told.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Happily Ever After with my Prince.

Adrienne, do you know of a good camelbak? I am thinking of bring one to Mouse Adv., but there are so many, I am not sure which one to buy. I do wish Vera Bradley had one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janell View Post
    Adrienne, do you know of a good camelbak? I am thinking of bring one to Mouse Adv., but there are so many, I am not sure which one to buy. I do wish Vera Bradley had one.
    My kids carry the ones made for snowboarding that carry 1.5 liters. Don't get a knock off from WalMart (BT/DT). Go try a few on to find what you like. My youngest carries one that has just enough space for her iPod and something light, the others look like full backpacks. Its what you like that works best.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janell View Post
    Oh wouldn't that be COOL???? Where's AVP? We need her to tell them! I haven't tried my unbottle in my microfiber backpack but I'll bet I could make it work.... I'll probably try it at MouseAdventure in April and let you know how it worked. I do like that backpack a lot.

Doc and I have the 100 oz Unbottles - they're insulated and we can just stick them in whatever backpacks we're carrying. (He has an REI backpack that he selected as an anniversary gift from his company - it has a special pocket for it.) I don't remember about his but we got mine through the REI Outlet and saved a few bucks. We have some Mules but we don't use them often.

We have "Skeeters" for our boys. It's kind of funny because when people see us with them, they say "Ohmygosh, look, that kid has a little camelbak!" That one is 35 oz.

Adrienne

picnics

For many years. we have been saying to cut food costs and just for a break, we are going to make sandwiches and have a picnic. Yet it never happens! For one reason or another we never take anything....
    Anyway, this year I will have the chance to go for more then the week that we usually go so I want to do this!!! But I have never really NOTICED the picnic/locker area. Does anyone have a photo?
    Also, I know that the lockers aren't cool but will they keep a soft-sided cooler (with ice) cool (or even not hot) without melting everything?

THANKS!

Closer to the Mouse once again, but not close enough!

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    You can bring in about as much food as would fit in a small soft-sided cooler (a 6-pack size).

You cannot bring in Tupperware or Rubbermaid types of containers (assuming the bag-check CM sees it or stops it. Some do.)

You should be able to bring in glass baby food jars - they SELL THEM in the park!!! Some bag-check CMs will stop you if they see them, but not all. (Are you seeing that the bag-checkers can be inconsistent?) I won't lie: I wrap them up inside of sweatshirts or blankets or something that makes it hard to see. It's BABY FOOD for goodness sakes! And there is plenty of glass available inside the park for anyone who wants to break some.

Adrienne
    The bag checkers are highly inconsistent. I've had them just glance at my camera bag before and not make sure I'm not hiding anything under my neck strap and then two weeks ago I had a screener who dug through the entire contents of my camera bag, my girlfriends purse, and then actually had us unzip and open our jackets.

On the plus side, they didn't pull out the rubber glove....