Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Shorts weather yet?

Where I'd Rather Be!!

Shorts weather yet?

I'm used to going to DL in December and we don't ever take shorts then but what might I expect this next week? Can anyone give me an ideo of what people have been wearing around the park lately?

2. # ADS

Disneyland Regular

Yesterday it was hot and sunny. Perfect weather for shorts. Today it rained. Check the weather report, and bring shorts just in case. You will need long pants for after dark anyway.

Where I'd Rather Be!!

Thanks! I assumed I'd need to be ready for all types of weather but I don't want my kids to be sweating in their clothes in the middle of the day. Allright...back to packing!

Disneyland Regular

I think most people forget (especially this time of year) it can be hot in the day, and cold at night, so being prepared is best. I learned my lesson when our whole party was without jackets and the temperature dropped to shiver levels. I ended up buying jackets at the park (no regrets there). Even if it seems overcast and cold in the morning, it may warm up, so trust the weather report.

I know it will be a lot to carry, but try to bring layers. My mom and I were at Disneyland this past weekend where the temperature was 80 degrees. We were in jeans and t-shirts all day but by about 4PM it started to get chilly quickly and being un-prepared, we ended up buying sweatshirts at one of the shops... no regrets for us either Also check weatherchannel.com and anticipate it being a few degrees cooler than what they write on the website (that's been my experience). Have a great time! Travel safe!

P.S. We both were in the front row on the POTC ride and we both ended up with wet rear-ends -- so be prepared if you end up in the front row, you may have wet kids!

8 hr drive down Interstate 5

I'm a born and bred Californian.. it is ALWAYS shorts weather for me

Formerly Pat&Eil • Bring Back the AAA Enhanced FASTPASS!

Check out my band, The Trist and look for our CD "Triangulation" in Sacramento Stores and online at CD Baby.com, iTunes and others.

Born and live in So.Cal

Unless it's June,July, or August it gets too cold in the PM for me. What's funny is seeing people half dressed at night and me bundled up. Once I asked and most people say, "You don't know what winter is really like,this is summer to us." They are probably right. 1/2 the nation is under snow and we're wondering if we should wear shorts to Disneyland? Gota love that! This is why a fixer upper house in So.Cal runs over 1/2 million dollars...