Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Superbowl Commercials

Blog Entries

Superbowl Commercials

Just finished watching the Superbowl and I want to know what everyone thought.

I personally thought the commercials were weak. I enjoyed the first Bud Light and Blockbuster commercials, nothing else was that great in my opinion. the K-Fed commercial wasn't that bad either. I thought last year there were some great commercials. I felt like the CBS shows were the majority of commercials. I watch the Superbowl for the commercials, and this year was a major let down.

Kristin

2. # ADS

Proudly Wearing our Crocs!

I agree. Not a lot of stand outs this year. Only commercial that made me laugh outloud was one from Snickers where the guys accidentially kissed and then tore their chest hair out.

"The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word, unsaid." ~Author Unknown

I liked the carrerbuilder.com commercials, and thought those were the best out of all of them.

We also agreed that the commercials this years commercials weren't as good as they were in the past years.

Last edited by mi_mous; 02-04-2007 at 09:55 PM.
    “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.”
    - Anne Lamott

Loving my sweet pea.

I agree mi_mous, I also thought the careerbuilder.com commercials were the best. I thought they were very clever! But overall, I think the superbowl commercials over the last few years have been weak, including today's.

My favorite had to be the Blockbuster ad where the hamster and rabbit are trying to use a mouse to get online. Otherwise, most of the commercials were quite forgettable. Even the Budweiser ads weren't up to their usual standard. (The auctioneer wedding is a tempting idea though....)

I liked the Bud commercial with Rock, Paper, Scissors. And the Blockbuster one with the rabbit, hamster and mouse. That was about all of the ones I liked.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

Shrinking for the better

I thought the crop overall was very weak. However-I loved the Bud commercial with the dog...yes, I'm a sap .

To DL or not to DL September 2010-that is the question....

^ The one with the dog was my favorite also. I liked most of the Bud Light commercials. The snickers one where they kissed was alright. Overall, a pretty disappointing night for commercials.

I thought the Snickers commercial was pretty lame. It looked like a skit put together by a high school drama class.

Among a very lackluster bunch, I found the K-Fed commercial the most amusing. The Blockbuster spot was OK, but the talking animal thing is way overdone.

The godaddy.com spots were annoying. The woman prominently featured in a tight tank was just plain skanky.

I too thought they were lackluster. I would have liked the Kevin Federline one had I not heard about it so much for weeks ahead of time and knew what was coming. My favorite was the Letterman/Oprah thing. I liked the Careerbuilder ads. I liked the budwiser ad with the couple in the car and the hitchhickers. I liked the Doritos ad with the boy in the car and the girl on the sidewalk. I liked the robot that dropped the bolt and lost his job only to end up jumping off the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar
    I liked the robot that dropped the bolt and lost his job only to end up jumping off the bridge.
    I guess I missed that one. I must have been in the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch
    I thought it missed its mark with the ending. It started out so well, but then fizzled out.

I loved the mouse, and the dalmation wannabe dog. The gorillas were cute, but I was really wanting to see one tackle the deliveryman! My guys liked the Rock Paper Scissors one.

The Robert Goulet one was just odd to me.

All in all, they were very disappointing. As they have been for the last several years.

Oh, and halftime show was crap. Prince did cover songs? What the heck?
    Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was. - Hebrew proverb
    I believe in angels!

What am I? I am a Voyager. You ever hear of one?
    Bat's Breath!!

I found the one with the lions for Taco Bell amusing.

I thought the halftime show was good. The inclusion of cover songs was a bit odd though. Does Prince have an album with cover songs?

I thought the half time show was great. I think they did covers to include more than just Prince fans maybe??
    Commercials were not as great as in the past, but a few stood out. Loved Dave and Oprah. I guess Dave was trying to get The Donald and Rosie. That would have been too funny!

-Disneygirl65

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar
    My favorite was the Letterman/Oprah thing.
    I thought this one was really clever.

The people we were watching it with didn't get it, cause they had never seen Lettermans things about Oprah. I thought it was classic!
    “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.”
    - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch
    Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6XJegu0fY

Fiddler crab; dalmation dog

I laughed out loud at the fiddler crabs worshiping the red open ice chest. (To the sound of the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey's" "Also Sprach Zarathustra".) -- Think monolith and monkeys.

I laughed at the dalmation wanna-be, especially at the end, when the beauty queen kissed the dog and got his mud all over her face.

"It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

I liked the one with Harry, Ilene, Joy, Bob, and Mr. Turkeyneck. I thought that was really funny.

I also liked the K-fed one. It's cool he can laugh at himself.

In case you missed any, here's a complete collection of this year's Superbowl commercials:

http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl

Blog Entries

I saw a headline at foxnews.com that Gay Rights groups called the Snickers company to complain about their commercial.

I heard from people that they pulled the commercial off the air because of so many complaints.

Kristin

2 words: Robert Goulet.

Heck, I don't even remember what the commercial was for (does anyone?), but the fact that Robert Goulet was clinging to the ceiling like Spiderman made it cool for me.
    Research has shown that most any well known brand name (Budweiser, Doritos, Coke, etc...) gains absolutely nothing from paying those huge fees for SB commercials. On the other hand, companies like godaddy have benefitted hugely by spending the cash for the exposure. Their market share went up exponentially last year after their commercials.