Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: MousePad Subscriptions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

MousePad Subscriptions

MousePlanet offers paid memberships for our MousePad discussion boards. While everyone can access certain features, those who wish to experience MousePad with enhanced features and premium services can do so by subscribing.

How much does the subscription cost?

$14.99/year. MousePad subscribers enjoy:

• Expanded Private Message box (300 Messages instead of 70)
    • Expanded Photo Album storage (300 Photos instead of 100)
    • Special "MousePad Subscriber" tag below user name
    • Network ad-free environment. (Allows subscribers to turn off network banner ads on the MousePad site, but does not remove ads from MousePlanet sponsors.)
    What happens if I don't subscribe?

Absolutely nothing. You can continue to read and post as a Registered User, with absolutely no changes in your account.

How do I subscribe?

A "Subscribe" button appears at the top of every page. Clicking on that button takes you to the payment gateway, where you can process your subscription. Online payment options include credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) or Paypal.

What if I can't afford it?

Subscriptions are completely voluntary. More importantly, all existing MousePad users will continue to have all of the features currently offered to them. Nothing is being taken away, and you will not have to become a paid subscriber just to post here.

Can I pay for someone else?

The subscription system is driven by user name, so you must log in as that user in order to purchase that user's subscription. If users trust you enough to give you their password, you can log in, pay for them, and log out again. We do suggest that they change their password after this process.

You may also mail in a payment for that other user, and we will apply the payment to their account.

What if I don't have a credit card?

You can pay via Paypal (link) if you have a checking account. Be aware that a new Paypal account takes a few days to establish because of its security steps. If you need to set one up, do so soon so you can take advantage of our lower prices.

What if I'm under 18?

You should speak to your parents to determine the best payment method. If they allow you to make your own online transactions, let them know about prepaid cards, such as the Visa Buxx card from Visa (link), which is accepted at all locations that accept the Visa card.

What if I don't want to pay online?

Online payments are preferred because they entail less work for the MousePlanet staff and provide instant access to the premium services. However, if online payment is not an option (for any reason, including a desire for anonymity), you may mail a payment to:

MousePlanet
    140 S Glassell St
    Orange CA 92866

Payments must be in U.S. funds, and must be made via money order or cashier's check. We do not accept cash or personal checks for subscriptions; they will be returned, and your account not upgraded.

Be sure to provide your MousePad user ID when you send in your payment. Your subscription will begin when your payment is received.

How secure is your online credit card processing?

Very. MousePlanet processes credit cards through AuthorizeNet, one of the largest online payment processors in the world. AuthorizeNet uses advanced security systems to safeguard transaction data, and is in full compliance with the Visa Cardholder Information Security Program.

What personal data will you see about me if I subscribe?

The only information we will see is what you provide. In order to process your subscription, you will be asked to provide sufficient information to verify your right to use the credit card you submit for payment. MousePlanet will be able to retrieve this information if needed to address a cardholder dispute.

If you pay via Paypal, we will be able to access only the information you provide to Paypal.

All data collected, either with a credit card or Paypal transaction, fall under our MousePlanet privacy policy, and will not be used for any purpose other than to process your MousePad subscription.

How do subscriptions improve MousePad?

Subscription fees help offset the costs of the our server, and enable us to offer enhanced services to readers.

What happens to my subscription fees if I am banned or suspended?

All members agree to abide by the MousePad Community Policies when they join and/or subscribe. If a subscriber violates these policies, they will be suspended or banned like anyone else. Subscription fees will not be refunded in the event of a suspension, banishment, voluntary hiatus (extended break), or departure from MousePad.
    Last edited by stan4d_steph; 04-07-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Updated with 2009 subscription program