The excitement we're feeling over our upcoming trip (only a week to go!!) must be contagious - a good friend of mine has been hearing me rattling on incessantly, and now wants to plan a surprise trip for her family in the spring!

The only thing that made me sad was that she was worrying about whether she would have a good time. She is very overweight, and I know very self-concious about it. She's had strangers laugh at her in the grocery store parking lot , and I know incidents like this have chipped away at her self-esteem. I want so badly for her to go and have a wonderful time...I was telling her all about the "magic" of DL, and reiterating that attitude has SO much to do with the kind of time you have - but I know she's afraid that she'll be made to feel out of place (stared at, laughed at, etc.). I know these things can happen anywhere (people can be so mean!), but I hate to think they'd happen at DL, during what was meant to be a really special time for her and her family.

I haven't been to the parks in a long time. Presumably, the majority of rides are accessible to someone who is quite overweight (250+)? Has anyone ever encountered nasty behaviour towards people of size? I know it can vary a lot based on the people in the park on any given day - it's tough, I guess I don't even know what exactly I'm hoping to have answered. Maybe just hoping someone can back me up in telling her that she can have a wonderful time at a special place like DL, regardless of her size. I'd love for her to be able to leave it behind her for a while, and just feel good I'd hate to encourage her to "just GO!!", and then find out she wasn't able to go on many of the rides, or felt really out of place.