Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: How busy will the park be [crowds] [merged]?

Quote Originally Posted by acpalmer View Post
    I believe she was saying that Sunday, April 15th, the day that she is planning to go, would be the end of Spring Break. Not that right now is the end of it.

And yes, I would say that should be about the end of it. I think your plan sounds great--you should be all set.
    Well, if her 2fer's haven't expired by that time, chances are, thousands of others' 2fer's haven't either. Just a thought.

2. # ADS

crowds on the weekend of May 12

I know it will be busy when I go but does anyone think it will be as bad as it was when I last went the day after christmas?? I don't think it will be but it helps to hear someone else say it

We were just at the park the 17th, 18th, & 19th and the crowds were indeed pretty big. Just a heads up with the cheerleader thing though, they were still around in force on that Monday after the events at the convention center that weekend. It seems like they were making a vacation of it.

What we experience though might help some other people: When we arrived first thing in the morning the waits weren't as long as they were as the day went on. We left the park, had lunch, one day we went to the Character Warehouse, then got back to the park later in the afternoon. By that time it was still pretty busy so we wandered innoventions, did some less popular or higher capacity rides, used fastpasses, etc. However, as the night went on, especially after maybe 8-9pm every night the park was pretty dead and we didn't really wait for much of anything. I'd totally leave in the middle of the day again!

I'm sorry if this had already been asked; I looked through and didn't see anything on it...

My school's next trip to Disneyland is going to be on April 6th. (We were going to go over Rodeo Weekend; our city gets a few days off for that, but we didn't have enough people signed up and couldn't afford the bus.)

Since this is Good Friday, is it going to be crazy busy? How bad would you say it would be compared to veteran's day?

I only ask because that was our last school trip, and busy as it was, I managed to get everthing I wanted in just fine

Rambling again.. anyway, yea, is Good Friday gonna be nuts?

Always Dreaming of Disneyland.

I would plan for a pretty crazy Good Friday! Not only is it a holiday, but thousands are on spring break then, making it ideal for a trip to Disneyland!

Priscilla
    THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE.........ARE NOT THINGS

Ok so I am totally freaked out now!! We went to DL years ago on Halloween and it was dead. I think the longest we waited for a ride was 15 minutes. And that was without a Fast Pass. So we booked our trip this year from October 26th-31st. But looking back at this thread from last October, it sounds like it was really busy. Could that have been a fluke or am I in for it? Our son will be two and I was trying to avoid having to wait in REALLY long lines. Any thoughts?

Priscilla #2

Disneyland Makes Me Happy!!!!!

As of this moment, I'm sure all of you know its Spring break season. So get ready!! It'll be busy, busy, busy. With lots of crowds.

I went today. BUSY. CROWDED. Get ready to wait in lines. It'll test out your patience.

I wanted to go to Disneyland on April 22nd for my birthday but DL closes at 4pm ! So I was gonna push it back a week but then I saw that MouseAdventure is taking place on the 29th. Will MouseAdventure make the park noticably more crowded?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootingstaar View Post
    I wanted to go to Disneyland on April 22nd for my birthday but DL closes at 4pm ! So I was gonna push it back a week but then I saw that MouseAdventure is taking place on the 29th. Will MouseAdventure make the park noticably more crowded?
    No, due to seating arrangements, MouseAdventure will only add 500 guests inside the parks, and they tend to not go on popular attractions (the game is designed to avoid long lines).

I would either show up EARLY on April 22nd, if you get to the park at 6:30 AM, you should get an hour or two with short lines, and then just stay until closing, or pick the 29th if you are not a morning person

Hope you have a great birthday!
    Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks Darkbeer, you are so helpful on this site. I am not much of a morning person and I live about 1 1/2 hours away so I don't think I could pull of a 6:30 arrival time. I'll definately be going on the 29th !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Very Busy...

Spring Break time start Friday March 9th thru Sunday April 15th, but Disney considers Friday March 30th thru Sunday April 15th PEAK time. . . The first week of April tends to be a bit busier than the second week, but they are both about the same as an average summer day at the park.
    . . . The last half of April will be a lot lighter. . .
    I'm interested on going on Tuesday, April 17,
    but our toddler class has off for spring break that week, as do two other schools I know.
    Will some spring breaks make the third week of April more crowded
    than the 4th week of April and the first two weeks of May?

Blog Entries

Ignored, so here's the Q adbridged:

Will some spring breaks make
    the third week of April
    more crowded
    than
    the 4th week of April
    and the first two weeks of May?

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Maybe I missed it, but why is DL closing at 4? My boyfriend and I just decided to head down for that day! We'll stay the night, then my brother, his wife, and their two sons (4 and 1, first trips for both of them and my bro and sis in law haven't been in at least 15 years I think!) will join us for Monday until Wednesday. Should the crowds be a little lighter since some spring breaks have ended already?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but why is DL closing at 4? . . .
    For a promotional party. I think it was described in detail on either a Mouseplanet or Miceage update.

So, Darkbeer or other experts:
    Will some spring breaks make the third week of April
    more crowded than the 4th week of April and the first two weeks of May?

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Thanks! I'm still wondering how the few days after that party are going to be?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    For a promotional party. I think it was described in detail on either a Mouseplanet or Miceage update.

So, Darkbeer or other experts:
    Will some spring breaks make the third week of April
    more crowded than the 4th week of April and the first two weeks of May?
    I think after this week, Spring break is pretty much over for 95% of everyone. Disneyland goes back to "off peak" hours, so you should be safe on any of your dates.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Sorry not trying to keep this topic going but, we have a trip planned June 11th-14th. Right at the time the Finding Nemo ride is due to open. I haven't been to the park in the "summer time season" since I was a kid. We had to wait on the kids to get out of school to plan this trip.
    How bad is the park in Mid-June during the week? Will the Ride opening make things worse?
    I remember the days when you went Monday -Wednesday and the park was empty.

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth November 5th-9th!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwife View Post
    Sorry not trying to keep this topic going but, we have a trip planned June 11th-14th. Right at the time the Finding Nemo ride is due to open. I haven't been to the park in the "summer time season" since I was a kid. We had to wait on the kids to get out of school to plan this trip.
    How bad is the park in Mid-June during the week? Will the Ride opening make things worse?

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Early gate closures are predicted. It will be extremely busy.
    A conservative at 16 has no heart. A liberal at 65 has no brains. -- Unknown

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilwife View Post
    I remember those days too... But Mondays and Tues were usually empty because the park was closed on those days.

Starting June 1st, schools are out and summer visits start. And starting the 11th, the park will be PACKED. Nemo has been long awaited. Expect gate closures. Be at the park early. If you leave, don't expect to come back, although usually gates reopen after 4pm. Get your handstamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I remember those days too... But Mondays and Tues were usually empty because the park was closed on those days.

Starting June 1st, schools are out and summer visits start. And starting the 11th, the park will be PACKED. Nemo has been long awaited. Expect gate closures. Be at the park early. If you leave, don't expect to come back, although usually gates reopen after 4pm. Get your handstamped.

How do you all know the park will be packed?? How is everyone guessing about something that is still 2 months away? I know Nemo is super anticipated but so was the re-opening of Space Mountain, was the park closed off on those days? We will be there the 12th and 13th that week. We will have to deal with crowds but I think in my opinion that maybe we should not tell people the park will close and be at capacity over this. It is just a wait and see game. Just my thoughts. I don't mean to criticize anyone.

I think we will have VERY busy days in early June due to the Sub Lagoon opening.

We have three main types of park visitors

Regular Visitors (now mostly AP holders)

The person who only visits rarely (mainly out of town tourists)

Cast Members.

Now, let's take care of the CM's first, hopefully most CM's will get a chance to ride while Disney tests the attraction, works on loading issues, etc., since DOSH regulations allow CM's to ride even if DOSH hasn't signed off on the ride. So hopefully we won't have many off-duty CM's standing in the lines. CM's are blocked out on July 4th, and then July 13th thru August 19th.

There is a big difference between Regular Visitors (AP holders) and the out of town guests, and that is the AP holder has for the most part pretty much experienced the entire park and all of its attractions (at least the ones they are interested in), while a visitor hasn't seen most of the park or hasn't seen it in years, so there is a desire to make sure and get to see a lot of things.

On the other hand, regular visitors will see the Sub Lagoon commercials (since most live in the SoCal area) and will make a special trip just to ride the Subs (and of course, check out other favorites).

So you have two groups of people, with two very different values in regards to the wait time.

The visitors will have a much shorter wait time maximum. If they see 2 hours, there is a much higher possibility that they will decide to go see and ride other things instead of waiting. But then, Splash Mountain has had 210 minute waits (3 and 1/2 hours) in the peak summer, so it could be longer.

On the other hand, the folks who go to the park JUST to ride the subs (AP holders and CM's who didn't get to ride during the CM previews) will wait a much longer time, as that was the reason they showed up. At some point, even most AP holders won't be willing to wait, but I would say that 4 to 6 hours will be agreeable to many AP holders just to get a chance to see the ride.

Now, most AP holders are either SoCal or SoCal select AP holders, and they have limited dates to see Finding Nemo prior to being blocked out for the summer.

The regular SoCal AP is blocked out for about half of June, all of July and most of August.

So here are the dates that SoCal AP holders have a chance to ride, based on the ride opening June 11th.

Monday, June 11th
    Tuesday, June 12th

Sunday, June 17th
    Monday June 18th
    Tuesday, June 19th

Sunday June 24th thru Friday, June 29th.

The next day that the SoCal AP's can enter without buying a blockout pass is Sunday August 19th.

And based on the long lines for the first few days that Pirates was open last June, the lines dropped in size on the first day the SoCal AP's were blocked out.

So, my educated guess, Wednesday June 13th lines will be shorter than the 11th or 12th, but I still see a long line on the 13th, but still noticeably shorter than a day that the SoCal's can attend. I think the 17th and the 24th will be the two days with the longest wait and the largest crowds, due to the combination of a weekend and SoCal AP's can enter.

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Darkbeer, you are my hero! That was the best explanation I have ever heard. If we don't get to ride the subs this June that is okay, my thoughts are if everyone is in line for the subs, we can ride everything else!! Thanks for your words.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    How do you all know the park will be packed?? How is everyone guessing about something that is still 2 months away? I know Nemo is super anticipated but so was the re-opening of Space Mountain, was the park closed off on those days? We will be there the 12th and 13th that week. We will have to deal with crowds but I think in my opinion that maybe we should not tell people the park will close and be at capacity over this. It is just a wait and see game. Just my thoughts. I don't mean to criticize anyone.
    Space Mountain reopened 7/17/2005. I was there. The entire week was packed, and it did close, on the 18th. (I know because my brother almost got left on the wwrong side of the gate.)

I think people can better plan if they have an idea what may happen. If they do hard close, its not an all day thing. It may close at 1 but usually reopens after the parade lets out (about 4.)

This weekend?

Hey ya'll ...first post!

Im planning on heading out to Disneyland this weekend! Should I expect some of the Spring Break crowd still? Or are we back to normal yet? Also, I know weekends are generally crowded in general, but would there be a big difference in crowds on Sun vs. Sat? Or no difference? Thanks!

Cheers

park busy on the 19, 20th, and 21st?

any estimates about busy-ness on these dates? who has spring break that late?
    also, what is darkbeer's opinion of ridemax?