Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How to enter Disney's Dreams Giveaway contest without going to the Parks-Step by Step

Thanks for the update Darkbeer. So by the end of the year hopefully we can start hearing of winners every month. I'll let you know if win anything. A European tour would be nice...

Fall apart in my back yard.

2. # ADS

Has anyone won YOAMD by mail?

We have been mailing in postcards everyday. My kids ask everyday to see if we have won. Has anyone won anything by mail?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kohl
    We have been mailing in postcards everyday. My kids ask everyday to see if we have won. Has anyone won anything by mail?
    According to the rules, the first drawing, for eveyone entering between Sept and Oct 31st will be Nov. 20th. So, I don't expect to hear if anyone won until at least after Thanksgiving. Dec 20th will be the drawing for all who entered In Nov. adn so on.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Go ahead and place these sticker on the front of the postcard, underneath the postage, in about the middle of the card.

Then, turn it over, and rotate the card, so that you have the card at 5 inches long (top to bottom). You want to write your info in the opposite direction of the front of the card, as sometimes the post office (and their automated machines) will read the back of the card if it is written with the card only 3 and 1/2 inches tall. This will prevent you from having the card mailed back to you, instead of being sent to Elmhurst.

On the back of the card, fill in the following IN HANDWRITING (Block Printing is the best), this is a common rule in contests, and the Disney Dreams rules say "writing", do NOT use a printed label. (of course, use your full name, complete mailing address including postal code, daytime phone number and date of birth).
    I'm confused by your photo example of a completed card...

wouldn't you only want YOUR handwritten info on the back of the card? The photo looks like BOTH Disney and YOUR info are written lengthwise on the back.

Am I just looking at the picture incorrectly?

Also, I guess you could also add a large, "TO:" next to the Disney address (and, likewise, a big, "FROM:" next to YOUR address.

^The photo example is showing BOTH sides.

The top half is the front, with the Postage and the printed label.

The back side, on the bottom, is the handwritten stuff.

Since the printed address is on the "postage" side, there should be no need to have the "TO:" on it, especially when you write you information on the back "sideways".

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

What will happen if for exsample if two of your entries get postmarked the same day (although you mailed them different days). I have had this happen before with other mail. Will disney just void that day or all days from that day on?

I was thinking the same thing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron
    What will happen if for exsample if two of your entries get postmarked the same day (although you mailed them different days). I have had this happen before with other mail. Will disney just void that day or all days from that day on?
    I dont know what Disney does, but other companies generally only void all received that particular day.

Okay, I've entered every day (4 times each day- one for each family member), and no luck so far. Anyone else have any luck?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon
    Okay, I've entered every day (4 times each day- one for each family member), and no luck so far. Anyone else have any luck?
    If you go back and read the rules, it tells you the first drawing was held Nov 20th (and will be held on the 20th of each month) and notification will be made in 55 days. So, I don't even expect to hear anything until mid Jan. for the first drawing from the cards I mailed in Oct.

From the rules "Potential winners from the mail-in entry pool will be notified by mail or telephone (at Sponsor's sole discretion) within approximately fifty five (55) days after each monthly drawing."

Wow, 55 days! I guess I'll have to be more patient! Thanks for the info!

We received two packages today, certified mail. Both contained Year of a Million Dreams mouse ears. Looks like the first round of prizes are being shipped.

Thanks to Darkbeer. Without his posting my family would have never known about the mail-in portion of the Year of a Million Dreams.

Blog Entries

We got WDW ears today!!

Registered Independant

Being the computer geek that I am, I made up 25 postcards in a matter of minutes. I used my HP laser-jet printer at work (thanks boss) and set up a page that was 3.5" x 5.5" landscape. Then typed the Dreams address, loaded all the cards into the envelope tray, and printed the address on the front of the USPS post cards. Next I hand printed my name, address etc. on the back with a bold marker. I then scanned that hand-written info to a JPG file. Back to Word, where I created another page 3.5" x 5.5", portrait this time. Added the JPG image; loaded the cards back into the printer, and re-created the hand-written side.

Unfortunately, I did this before I read this thread about the new size requirements of 5" wide. I have to think this is a typo. Why would Disney select a size of entry card that differed from the offical USPS post card size? I hope I do not have a problem with my first batch of cards!

"The ultimate ponzi scheme: Social Security" - Jim Cramer

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by disneyhound
    Being the computer geek that I am, I made up 25 postcards in a matter of minutes. I used my HP laser-jet printer at work (thanks boss) and set up a page that was 3.5" x 5.5" landscape. Then typed the Dreams address, loaded all the cards into the envelope tray, and printed the address on the front of the USPS post cards. Next I hand printed my name, address etc. on the back with a bold marker. I then scanned that hand-written info to a JPG file. Back to Word, where I created another page 3.5" x 5.5", portrait this time. Added the JPG image; loaded the cards back into the printer, and re-created the hand-written side.

Unfortunately, I did this before I read this thread about the new size requirements of 5" wide. I have to think this is a typo. Why would Disney select a size of entry card that differed from the official USPS post card size? I hope I do not have a problem with my first batch of cards!
    This is just my GUESS, but with the original "mistake" made by Disney in the rules, the first month or so they will honor some sizes close to the now "official" size of 3.5 inches by 5 inches.

But I would NOT send any NEW postcards that aren't 3.5" by 5", which is the minimum standard size of a postcard per the USPS.

And as for using a printer for "hand created images", I have heard of contests figuring it out and disqualifying folks. (FYI, both my Dad and one of my Aunt's are Serious Contest Pros, and I have learned from them

I still STRONGLY recommend you HAND print your name and other info on the back of the postcard. (It is OK to have computer printing on the front, in fact, the USPS contacts the major companies that run contests and ask for this to happen, as it is a lot easier to process "typed" addresses than hand written ones.
    Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyhound
    Next I hand printed my name, address etc. on the back with a bold marker. I then scanned that hand-written info to a JPG file. Back to Word, where I created another page 3.5" x 5.5", portrait this time. Added the JPG image; loaded the cards back into the printer, and re-created the hand-written side.
    Actually, this can invalidate your entry. Its not classified a hand entry and while initially it looks similar, the ink doesn't "sink" into the paper like handwritting does. I learned this one I wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    We got WDW ears today!!
    Congrats! Boy you guys really make me want those ears. I am frantically writing (both front and back of the postcards cause I'm completely computer illiterate) as we speak. I started doing postcards and then pooped out with all the confusing card size changes and the like, but I'm geared up again. Here's hoping.

1st Official Riders on Nemo!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    We got WDW ears today!!
    We recieved two sets of ears today. Nothing like getting a little disney magic when you are at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Abominable
    Nothing like getting a little disney magic when you are at home!
    I couldn't agree more.

Donald Duck fan!!!

Sending out my first postcards today! Better late than never.

Another set of ears and two trading pin lanyards showed up today. The magic just keeps on coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Wormus
    The magic just keeps on coming!
    Omigosh...to everyone but US! All those postcards...and nothing!

Is there anybody out there who has been sending postcards and has not received anything? (Besides us, I mean...) Is there anybody who would like to come to my pity party?
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

I'll come to your pity party!!! Heck, I will even be the president. I was so excited yesterday because there was a key in my mailbox for the bigger box, but, it was only my contacts.

Tinkermommy I just got mine today! I'd been waiting and waiting too. I was getting worried by all the posts of prizes. I was scrutinizing everything about my postcards thinking maybe I did something wrong. But I got something today!! So don't give up yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon
    So don't give up yet!
    Okay. (Crosses fingers, makes a wish, rubs a magic lamp...LOL!)

You can be sure that if we do get something, either at the park or in the mail, I'll post about it!
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!