Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How to enter Disney's Dreams Giveaway contest without going to the Parks-Step by Step

Don't give up disney leonard. I just got another "card" in the mail that says I have a pkg at the post office. I started sending cards in November and I just won something last month! Hang in there!

P.S. Thanks Darkbeer for all of your tips!

2. # ADS

A couple of reminders....

First off, Postcard Postage is now 26 cents per card, don't forget to add the extra 2 cents (the post office still hasn't released the new Printed on Postage Postcard).

Make sure your postcard is 3.5 inches by 5 inches in size.

Make sure you are Handwriting your name, address and other info.

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Yea! We got a box today with Ears addressed to my son! The first one- we have been sending cards in since December! I was beginning to worry we were doing something wrong!

They are adorable Hum...does this mean we could possibly be getting more- I guess I should not be greedy- what a wonderful surprise!

DisneyShoes

After a looong dry spell (since January), we got a notice from the PO today! Is there anything kewler than getting a package from Walt Disney World?

We'll be at Disneyland tomorrow (Saturday) and then going straight to a baseball game, so we won't know until late at night what it is! The agony!

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Cool winning from the year of a million dreams

For those of you who are sending in entries in the mail. About how long did you send in postcards before you won anything? I know there is no sure thing, but I'm just curious.

If you found your laughing place, how come you aren't laughing?

I have been sending them in since January- rarely missing a day.
    I just won my first price last thursday Mouse ears!

DisneyShoes

We received another lanyard on Friday. Thanks again, Darkbeer!

I have been sending in since November. 3 sets of ears so far!!!

My DSand I have been sending in a card a piece per day since the first week of January. To date, my DS has received two prizes. On April 12 he won a lanyard and May 17 a pair of Dream ears. I still haven't given up hope!

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Our post office is now out of the pre-stamped post cards and said they don't know when they will get the new ones in. Is it possible to use an index card instead?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    Our post office is now out of the pre-stamped post cards and said they don't know when they will get the new ones in. Is it possible to use an index card instead?
    I use card stock. Cut into 3.5x5 and you should be ok.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

I see these on the usps site, wonder if they are the new pre-stamped postcards? The don't list a size, and I thought the old ones cost 2 cents more than the postage amount? These are the same price.

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stor...9592&langId=-1

Quote Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
    I see these on the usps site, wonder if they are the new pre-stamped postcards? The don't list a size, and I thought the old ones cost 2 cents more than the postage amount? These are the same price.

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stor...9592&langId=-1
    Yes- these are the new post cards with 26 cents postage. There are the standard UPPS size of 3.5 X 5.5 inches. You need to trim a half inch off of the long side opposite the postage.
    Leonard

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I refuse!

I have been using the prepaid USPS cards, mailing two a day six days a week since October 1, 2006 and I have NOT trimmed them. To date I have won 5 ears and 4 pin lanyards.

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    I started out sending in index cards - I got confused by the rules that initially called for 3" x 5" cards. I think most of them got there; 1 or 2 were returned by the post office for being under the minimum size for mail. I won a set of ears and two pin sets.

Now I am following Darkbeer's instructions and trimming 1/2 inch off the length. Surely that will make a big difference and they will select me for the vacation timeshare.

Katprint

I AM SO HAPPY, got a call today (yes, in Canada we have to answer a math question) I won some mouse ears. Well, that's what she said they were. they will be coming in the mail shortly.

getting the call just made my day, now I have to wait........

I just cut up thin cardboard that I had laying around the house. like from the back of paper packs or inside shirts.

nice to know they got them, lol.

THANKS SO MUCH DARKBEER

but it costs us way more here in Canada. .93 cent stamps per card. I have been sending 1 a day (mon-fri) since April 11, its getting costly but I just cant stop, lol

Making Cards

I found the 5x8 notecards are cheaper than card stock. Two quick cuts and they are 3 1/2 X 5. I didn't get anything this month. We are still hoping for a prize box or a big prize. We will be in Disneyworld in August and hope to win at the park. Keep dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by vincarol View Post
    I found the 5x8 notecards are cheaper than card stock. Two quick cuts and they are 3 1/2 X 5.
    This is what I've been doing too. Two cards per day since January. Nothing yet.
    Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

We won! We received a notice on Saturday that the post office had a package for DH from Walt Disney World. I'm planning on picking it up today.

Just a few minutes ago, the postman came to the door with 3 boxes. One for DS, DD, and myself! We each won a pair of ears. I'm assuming the package for DH that's waiting at the post office contains a pair of ears for him, too.

Wow, I'm surprised we each received something so close together....one package on Saturday, and three today. This may sound silly, but I wonder how they draw the postcards. Are the postcards logged somehow? They surely don't draw them by hand out of a big pile. I figured they would keep our personal info from the cards for marketing, etc. but I never really thought about the logistics of the drawing. But now that all four in our family won, and very close together (maybe drawn on the same day?), I'm curious.

I haven't been consistent in sending them in everyday, either. I've probably sent in only a about a month's worth, total. I have 10 more days worth of cards ready, I just need to get the extra 2 cent stamps.

Continued good luck to all!

~Vickie

Quote Originally Posted by vickieluvsmickey View Post
    We won! We received a notice on Saturday that the post office had a package for DH from Walt Disney World. I'm planning on picking it up today.

Just a few minutes ago, the postman came to the door with 3 boxes. One for DS, DD, and myself! We each won a pair of ears. I'm assuming the package for DH that's waiting at the post office contains a pair of ears for him, too.
    One good turn deserves another, thats good Karma! Enjoy!

1st Official Riders on Nemo!!
    Blog Entries

I just picked up our fifth lanyard from the post office. We also have won a total of seven pairs of ears....still hoping for a time share though.

I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean. You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket! ~The Vandals "Pirates Life"
    READ THE ABOMINABLE BLOG HERE ON MOUSEPLANET.....just click on the blog entry link over there on your left!

Sending every day religiously since November and have only one lanyard and a set of ears but there is still 7 months left.

Fall apart in my back yard.

Well I've been religiously sending in postcards since January for myself and DH, then added by Sister, Brother-in-law, nephew, mom and dad - NOTHING! Co-Workers think I'm nuts when I'm standing at the cutting board measuring out my postcards! When I mention that I'm entering a Disney contest, they roll their eyes. They just don't know what it's like being a Disney fan! Then I received my first set of ears (from Disneyland). I wore them around the house the entire day! I even brought them into the office just to show them off. Then my Sister received a lanyard on Friday and my Mom received her lanyard today (both from Disney World). By the way, Mom is most graciously giving me her lanyard (Thanks Mom!). My Goal - 11 sets of ears by our family vacation in September. Better order some more post cards!

4 cards a day M-F in Feb.
    We just got 2 lanyards!

Thanks Darkbeer - Great B-Day Present

Darkbeer, Thanks for all the information on the contest. You gave me a great B-Day present yesterday!. I came home and looked in my mailbox and saw a certified letter from "Disney" that I had a package to pickup. I won some YOMD Ears, thanks so much, while I was at the post office picked up another 100 postcards.

For those who care, I have been sending in the trimmed pre-paid postcards since March 1st, 1 a day monday to saturday. Yesterday was my 1st win in the contest.

Placed some pictures on my flickr account.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/eagleajn/