Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates 3 Premiere [at Disneyland] [merged]

Absolutely worth 16 hours of being a "street person" for the Red Carpet event. We were down in front of City Hall. Hot, tired, but having the time of our lives with some really awsome people. Orlando was literally right in our faces as was Kiera, and some of the rest of the cast. Depp was working the crowd, came down almost to us, went across the way, then was on his way back when Swartzinegger's came by and his (the Gov's) Big Burly Bodyguards literally and physically pushed Johnny back from coming over to us. They looked like they almost knocked him over keeping him away from the Gov. He tried a couple of times to get back to our group, the the bodyguards just kept yelling to stay away from the Gov. So we never got that close to him. But one of our group did run down along the side and finally caught up with him. She told him where he was located and she said he appologized that he was kept from us and signed a really nice LONG personal autograph to her..(which she came back and showed us).

One of the most fun, crazy block parties I have ever been to. Hopefully, will get to do it again next time.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

2. # ADS

Oops!

*DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

I'm already planning to go, and I have a small group of people this time rather than just two, so we can take turns waiting.

That should work out better. My best friend and I were luckily approached by two girls practically as soon as we sat down. They offered to tag team with us. The sat and saved our spot so we could get up and eat and catch a few rides for an hour then switch off. It was so nice!! We were lucky, but if I go again, we're doing that again. Good luck!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

That is what I plan on doing with the two teenage girls I am going to be with. They can go out and do some rides and then I can too. I am sure we will all have a great time no matter what.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

simbaNnala101

Pirates of the caribbean III:The worlds end??

Does anyone know when the next premier for the movie is or when the movie is suppose to be coming out. I heard somwthing like memorial day or sometime in may but I want to be sure. Any help is really appreciated thanx so much!!

~Ash~

I heard May 25th...and it could be 'At Worlds End'

*DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

What's this about the POTC III premiere?

I'm hearing a nasty rumor that the premiere for POTC III may not be at the park this year, but at the coast so Disney can unveil another cruise ship. What's up with that? If that's true, that totally ruins our plans to go for the premiere this year. My kids and I didn't get to go to the previous two, and my husband and I were going to surprise them with a trip to see the third one and spend a week at Disneyland. I have no desire to take up a day truckin' down to the beach! If we wanted a beach holiday, we'd take one!

That's what I read too. I hope that they don't go the beach route, my daughter, her best friend and I were going to Disneyland specifically for the premier and to spend time with the Mouse family. But if they do it at the beach, I am not sure I am going to go. That would be a major bummer for us.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

There was a rumor a while back that they were going to have the premier on Castaway Cay, near WDW. I don't think that was ever confirmed, and it just wouldn't make logistical sense. I don't see all those celebrities being sent out to some Island just to see the movie. Having it at DL makes it a lot more convenient.

On miceage there is an article stating it might be at Long Beach next year to coincide with the Disney Cruise Line that is going to be based in CA. Here is the link: http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al100306a.htm

But this time, instead of staging the premiere inside Disneyland, the event may end up on the shoreline near Long Beach. If Rasulo has his way, they will have pulled the financials together and be able to use the movie premiere to announce that the third ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet is being built and will be home ported in Southern California. Regardless of where and when that announcement is made, it's a commitment that should be announced by next summer with a first year sailing itinerary slated for the end of this decade. You can expect summertime trips up to British Columbia and the Alaskan glaciers, and wintertime trips down the Mexican Riviera, all tied in to a few additional days at Disneyland.
    Shelley

How would everyone get there if they did that?!

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

If this is true. They might not have a ride refurb? Our trip is up in the air, until we know if Pirate's is down in late Apr/early May.

Sea Monkey has my money....Yes I'm a natural blue........~Finding Nemo~
    Oh.......I love to laugh.......loud and........long and.......clear!........~Mary Poppins~
    Disneyland: 78~81~82~84~86~93~95~99~07~08~08~08~10~10?

I think it's a smart idea to move it. I went to the first two and had a blast but I'm guessing three will be even bigger than two. If that's the case they are going to have some massive issues with crowd control. It was already pretty bad during the last one, my daughter was up on the fence and was getting totally squished. There were ugly confrontations from people just trying to squeeze in, including one mom who was bent that no one who had been sitting there since 8AM would let her kids in front of them. Some people did slip in near me and it got really ugly. There wern't any castmembers around, not that they could have squished in anyway.

If it gets bigger than last time there are going to be some huge issues I think, not to mention all the people dissapointed they didn't get autographs because you simply can't sign fast enough to keep up.

On the DVD extras from the first movie there is some footage from the first premiere, the amount of people who showed up for the second premiere was at least triple.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn
    On miceage there is an article stating it might be at Long Beach next year to coincide with the Disney Cruise Line that is going to be based in CA. Here is the link: http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al100306a.htm

That's where I read it as well. I hope they stick with Disneyland, or we won't be going (well, for the premiere anyway). How long before we have a confirmed date or place? How far in advance do they usually announce it?

BTW, thank you to whoever combined my thread with this one. I swear I searched for a thread about the POTC III premiere, but this one did not come up. Either the search feature is extremely picky, or I didn't search through the list of results long enough.

I am not sure when we are going to "know" for sure. It seems to me that we heard rumors somewhere in Jan or Feb about the June premier, so I am hoping in the next month or December at the latest.

I am thinking the same thing as well, that I won't be going for the premier if they are going to have it at Long Beach. We are planning our first trip to Disneyland for Christmas next year though, but I would love a "pre" trip though.

Shelley

Pirates 3 Movie Event at DL

So I am trying to convince a friend to come with me to the Pirates 3 release in DL. Does anyone know specifics about it? I need date (or any rumors at this point). I know the park closes early the day of the event but fans are always on the Red Carpet, do you have to buy a special ticket for this? Any help from previous events would be much appreciated. Please stay focused on my questions as I am seriously trying to book hotels, flights, etc. around the info. I am given. Thanks.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar
    IF the Pirates premiere does happen again at DL, you would not need
    any special tickets to be on the Red Carpet. It would probably be held the
    weekend before the national release, (the date escapes me right now)
    I've also read that the studio hates the idea of having a premiere in Florida
    because of the weather and also no access to the movie stars. I know a lot
    of people are really excited about this but it seems so far off that
    any specific details are not available yet.

ChatterBox Supreme

POTC 3 - Premiere date?

Anyone know?

Pirates 3 Premier

Hi Everyone,

We have booked a four day trip to DL (Yay!) for May 19-23. I was hoping to avoid the Pirates premier, as the park will be in disarray. Has anyone heard any rumours about when the park may host the gala premier?

Thanks so much!

I've still heard nothing about a Disneyland premiere, or any premiere at all for that matter. A web search turns up plenty of info about last year's premiere, and plenty of message board questions about this year's premiere, but nothing concrete at all.

A very merry unbirthday to you!!

Brother, Sister, Friends yohomama212's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping to go. At the time of the release, I'll be almost due, with a belly from CA to FL! So I'm hoping that if it's here, I can go and get some sympathy room and a lot of pity from the people around me for enduring the late May heat just for the premiere of a movie. I'm hoping for a mid-week something, the kids will be in school and I have a few friends who will enjoying being there with me to see PIRATES! So the long and short of it is, I'm gonna work this pregnant thing for all it's worth to see a fantasy movie about a subject I've been passionate about all my life. It had better be in CA or we're gonna have problems!

Liz

Everything's different.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nah! Don't go. Waiting 12 hours on your feet - or on the ground - for a brief glimpse of the stars and then not seeing the film that night? With the sheer volume of internet podcasts and webcasts from last year - my guess is the Disney.com will do some sort of live thing this year - get you stars interviews, and not miss a thing...

Now - if you still want to be there "in the excitement" then go - but you go because you're feeding off the energy of others for the "event"... not because you're actually attending the premiere..

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

The last rumor I heard was that they are going to hold it at Castaway Cay instead of Disneyland, to unveil a new cruise ship or something like that. Don't know if that's true or not though.

A very merry unbirthday to you!!