Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Davy Jones Miscue on Pirates Ride on Sept. 15

Davy Jones Miscue on Pirates Ride on Sept. 15

Rode POC on Saturday about 8 p.m. and noticed that the projection of Davy Jones was malfunctioning. The image was projected on the ground (or rather, in the water!) and the boat went right over it. Was a little strange--also there was no mist. I told a cast member about it after the ride. Anyone know what was up?

Secondly, maybe I never noticed it or not (or maybe I'm going crazy!) but has the dialog changed in one of the scenes? The first scene with Jack Sparrow--the language was in Spanish. The mayor's name was Pedro. Is this a change?!?! Or was I not paying attention?!?!

2. # ADS

I have never heard the mayor called Pedro...his wife always says no, no, no don't tell them Carlos, don't be chicken....

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

The Davy Jones fog effect was also broken yesterday, Sunday Sept. 16. Unfortunate that the fog is missing, but annoying because without it you get blasted by the video projector.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

We rode PoTC around 2PM on Sept 16 and the fog and Davy Jones projection were both working, although the projection is much shorter than it used to be (as noted elsewhere on these boards).

The dog who barks along with the minstrels was missing, and I was impressed that his barks were also absent from the soundtrack. That is a nice little detail.

Quote Originally Posted by saucydiva View Post
    We rode PoTC around 2PM on Sept 16 and the fog and Davy Jones projection were both working, although the projection is much shorter than it used to be (as noted elsewhere on these boards).

We rode around 3:00 or 3:30 on 9/16 and the fog wasn't working then, either.

Brother, Sister, Friends yohomama212's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We were on POTC around 4:00 and the mist curtain was running just fine.

Someone had mentioned a week or so ago that they thought they saw three figures in the shadow fight scene. I watched it and I have to say I think I caught a third person swinging into the fray towards the end of the loop! Just my take on the scene!

Does anyone know how often they change the dresses on the mannequins that Jack is hiding behind?

Elizabeth

Everything's different.

Gawrsh !!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrylover View Post
    I have never heard the mayor called Pedro...his wife always says no, no, no don't tell them Carlos, don't be chicken....
    It's not chicken. It's cheeekin. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ghoofie View Post
    It's not chicken. It's cheeekin. LOL
    Your right, my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by yohomama212 View Post
    We were on POTC around 4:00 and the mist curtain was running just fine.

Someone had mentioned a week or so ago that they thought they saw three figures in the shadow fight scene. I watched it and I have to say I think I caught a third person swinging into the fray towards the end of the loop! Just my take on the scene!

Does anyone know how often they change the dresses on the mannequins that Jack is hiding behind?

Elizabeth

I personally have only seen them change the dresses once.

New Disneyland Cast Member!!

I don't like that they keep making the projection shorter and shorter. First the fog was all the way down to the water where the boat went right through it. Then it went up to head level, now it's at arms length. I wish they do away with it, or at least put it on the lift hill?

Siuil, siuil, siul a run,
    Siuil go sochair agus siuil go ciuin
    Siuil go doras agus ealaigh lion
    Is go dte tu mo mhuirnin slan

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonsA View Post
    I don't like that they keep making the projection shorter and shorter. (snip) I wish they do away with it, or at least put it on the lift hill?

GOOD IDEA! That would add a little intrigue to that part of the ride.

8 hr drive down Interstate 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrylover View Post
    Yeah, that'd be quite a change from Carlos to Pedro..
    Formerly Pat&Eil • Bring Back the AAA Enhanced FASTPASS!

Check out my band, The Trist and look for our CD "Triangulation" in Sacramento Stores and online at CD Baby.com, iTunes and others.

No Davy Jones on Sunday when we rode, and no Pirates at all Saturday!!!

Disneyland IS the Happiest place on Earth!

Davy Jones Miscue

I know what you mean. Davy Jones has had such a tough time since the Monkees broke up.

(sorry,couldn't help myself)