Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates 3 Premiere [at Disneyland] [merged]

Pirates 3 Premiere [at Disneyland] [merged]

Ok, I know this is a LITTLE early to be asking/worrying/thinking about this, but I am going to ask it anyway.

My daughter has it in her head that she HAS to be at the premier next year for the third movie. And I wouldn't mind it, BUT the movie actually comes out in theaters on May 25th (the last day of school for my kids). Now IF they do the premier at Disneyland next year like they did it this year, then chances are they will have the premier around the 12th of May. My question is, is that about the lenght of time before the movie goes to the theaters that they have the actual premier party (13 days)?

How many of you are planning a trip around the Pirates Premier?

I hope this makes some sort of sense.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

there is no standard for this... since for movie 1 they did the park premiere about 1 week prior to the movie coming out (i may be off, but that's my recollection).

You might be on target, though, since they would want it on a Saturday, and they have to get the London premiere in too before the movie goes in wide release...

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

The premiere will be either May 12 or May 19 if it is held at Disneyland. Unless something has been said in the last few days that I've missed (which is certainly possible) this isn't official yet and I have heard some whisperings (though nothing remotely solid) that WDW may get a turn at the publicity engine. I've even heard renewed whispers of a Castaway Cay premiere but those same whispers cropped up for Dead Man's Chest too.

I suppose there is also an outside chance that someone will get it in their head to play it at Cannes, in which case all bets are off. This is unlikely though since current wisdom is that Cannes can only hurt a tentpole release. (Not that The Da Vinci Code shows any harm from its drubbing.)

Castaway Cay would be a very cool place but I think they will stick to DL. It is a lot harder to get people to the island and it would be very hard to get any celebrities to go. When it is at Disneyland they just have to make a short trip.

And this is what Al Lutz said- With the operational (if not media) success of the second premiere party that left the Burbank bosses in attendance impressed, Disneyland has a lock on hosting the party for the third movie installment next May. Since the miserable summertime humid weather in Orlando already has spooked the Studio planners from trying to pull off any major event there, the brilliant job all of the Disneylanders did with this second premiere has effectively killed any chance of Walt Disney World getting access to this kind of high-profile celebrity event.

I know he doesn't know for sure but it sure seems to make a lot of sense.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

I agree it is 98% likely that the premiere will return for all those reasons (though temperatures in Orlando in mid-May aren't that horrible compared to temperatures in Anaheim in late-June).

Mostly what I was trying to say is it isn't official yet so if you're planning travel solely for the purpose of catching the next premiere don't be too upset if it turns out to be elsewhere.

Thanks for the information. Although I haven't even considered making "firm" plans or anything I am just putting feelers out to see what the rumors are for the third premier movie.

I can't seem to remember when the information came out regarding the second movie as to "when or where" the premier would be. Do you think the information would be out around Christmas time or do you think it will be later than that?

Thanks for ANY information you can give me and I understand completely this is all speculation and guessing at this point.

*Now to find more reasons to move to CA and out of Texas*

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

LOL! I was just starting to plan this myself And everyone looked at me like I was crazy so I know where you're at. Unfortunately since I am coming from NY I will be heading to DL just for this event, so I'm hoping to nail the timing.

Does anyone know if you're at the park and get to see the red carpet do you actually get to see the movie itself or is that just for invited guests and VIPs?

Now planning my 40th WDW trip =D -- Saratoga Springs and BLT DVC Member!

We got to go to the Red Carpet event this year (and that is what is spurring me for next year - that and my soon to be 15 year old daughter) but we did not get to see the movie. We got to watch all the celebs come down the carpet and then we all left.

Believe me when I say that after STANDING from 2:00 pm until 9:30 pm I was ready to leave!

I am still hoping I can find out the date soon because American Airlines has tickets for 189 round trip per ticket right now. I can afford that!

Shelley

Shelley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bellefan
    LOL! I was just starting to plan this myself And everyone looked at me like I was crazy so I know where you're at. Unfortunately since I am coming from NY I will be heading to DL just for this event, so I'm hoping to nail the timing.

Does anyone know if you're at the park and get to see the red carpet do you actually get to see the movie itself or is that just for invited guests and VIPs?
    You only get to stand near the carpet and see the celebs and invited guests. Even the CMs running the event in NOS are ushered out for the movie.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Wink

Thanks for the great info guys! So basically you have to use a park admission ticket to stand on Main Street all day and then leave early? Good thing Johhny Depp is worth it!

Now planning my 40th WDW trip =D -- Saratoga Springs and BLT DVC Member!

Yes, you use a park ticket to get in. This year they opened the park at 6:30 in the morning and the gates closed around 5:00 pm or so. I can't really remember because once I was in the gate, I didn't leave. My dad and two of my kids left for a while, went swimming and came back. BUT I think after a certain time they did not allow any "new" people to enter the park. I am thinking if you were returning, you could come in. I just don't remember.

Shelley

Fireworks Fanatic!

It would be very odd if they "broke their luck" and had the premiere anywhere else besides Disneyland. Obviously they know they are doing something right by having the premiers at the Park. Doubt they would want to take a chance and try something different for the supposed final movie, even though it's pretty much a sure-bet blockbuster for next summer.

CHALK DUSTED SUCCUBUS

Pirates 3 premiere at DLR?

Ok, so I'm obsessing just a little over our trip next June but....

Does anyone know if they are going to do the same red carpet/premiere stuff for POTC 3? If so, anyone know the dates?

~kisroo(torn between wanting to drool over Johnny and avoiding looooooong lines/crowds at the same time)

The movie is being released (or so I have heard) Memorial Day weekend.

If that is the case, the premiere will be a couple weeks to 3 weeks before that.

So, that means a late April, early May premiere time.

“Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.”
    - Anne Lamott

According to Al Lutz they will do something similar, and it will be Mid May.

I'm bumping this back up to see how many of you are already planning a trip to DLR for this event!

Shelley

Shelley

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, if they webcast it again - I am watching from the comfort of my home.. I just don't see a value of catching 20 seconds of a star and then not even get to experience the premiere like they do (NOS, big screen on Tom Sawyer's Island, food, etc.)

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

No, it was totally worth it!!! I want to go for the 3rd premiere!! The second was a blast. My friend and I got to Disneyland at 5:30 am, and waited for everyone to show up. All day sitting on Main Street.......awesome!!! People really do think it's crazy. I'd love to go for the 3rd because I only missed getting Orlando Bloom's autograph and he's my favorite!! I found all my info for the 2nd premiere here so keep watching. Also, Disney didn't confirm anything until like 2 days before the premiere. So I just had to trust all the evidences that I found for the premiere. Wow!! Now, I'm excited!

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    You only get to stand near the carpet and see the celebs and invited guests. Even the CMs running the event in NOS are ushered out for the movie.
    That was the first premiere, the second, the CM's were able to stay, if they worked the event. I was there the day after the premiere, and a CM was talking about what it was like to some guests, and he said he did get to watch the movie.
    “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.”
    - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeygirlforever
    No, it was totally worth it!!! I want to go for the 3rd premiere!! The second was a blast. My friend and I got to Disneyland at 5:30 am, and waited for everyone to show up. All day sitting on Main Street.......awesome!!! People really do think it's crazy. I'd love to go for the 3rd because I only missed getting Orlando Bloom's autograph and he's my favorite!! I found all my info for the 2nd premiere here so keep watching. Also, Disney didn't confirm anything until like 2 days before the premiere. So I just had to trust all the evidences that I found for the premiere. Wow!! Now, I'm excited!
    I agree with you! It was crazy, but it was totally worth it.

Would I have done it a second day? Well, not one right after the other, but once a year... YES!!

You are lucky to have Johnny's autograph. He wasn't able to stop when he got to our section. I DID get Orlando's autograph though.
    - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by mi_mous

So, that means a late April, early May premiere time.
    Perfect! Before my AP expires!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland!
    Perfect! Before my AP expires!!!!
    Damn you!
    *DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

Well I stood up from 2:00 until 9:30 and when Johnny FINALLY came down the red carpet, I didn't get to see him at all. My daughter did get a picture, but it is kind of blurry. You can at least see him. From what I understand he was up at the top of Main Street for 3 hours or so. Next time I am going to be closer to the top of Main Street. 5:30 sounds good to me, I guess we will be seeing you there! :-)

Shelley

Quote Originally Posted by mi_mous
    I agree with you! It was crazy, but it was totally worth it.

Would I have done it a second day? Well, not one right after the other, but once a year... YES!!

You are lucky to have Johnny's autograph. He wasn't able to stop when he got to our section. I DID get Orlando's autograph though.
    Yeah, he was really cool, he walked all the way down signing everyone that was at the front BEFORE he did any interviews. We were sitting across the street from the Gibson Girl (right where E! was and TV Guide Channel, etc.) I thought it was awesome of him. Orlando just went right onto interviews. It was still cool to see him in real life!!
    As for the next day thing.....yeah, we did it. We had to drive 6 hours to get to Disneyland anyway, we made it a vacation. I took my best friend with me and she was exhausted.....so very unusual of me, I let us sleep in and didn't make us get in when the park opened. It was still a DREAM COME TRUE!!!! I don't know if my mom will let me go to the third. The second was stressful but unforgettable!!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegitabeta
    Damn you!
    There There! I will get you a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!