Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Hotel Advice (DLR)

Hotel Advice (DLR)

We have stayed at the CCI for the past eight years, but on our last trip, my wife was treated extremely rudely by the desk staff upon check-in. Although the manager was extremely apologetic and offered an upgrade at no charge on our next visit, we have decided we're tired of the walk. I am in an ECV and the CCI's shuttles will not accomodate it.

In our search for a closer hotel, we found the BW Anaheim Inn. I called to inquire about the proximity of handicapped parking to handicapped rooms. I can walk short distnaces, and will not use the ECV if we want to go outside the resort to eat, etc. I was told that HC parking is right outside the HC room.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

A conservative at 16 has no heart. A liberal at 65 has no brains. -- Unknown

2. # ADS

I have not heard great things about the BW Anaheim Inn and it is a little farther than we would prefer to walk. Have you checked the other best western, the park place inn? http://www.parkplaceinnandminisuites.com/We have stayed there before and I think it is the closest to the park entrance. I do remember they have good ramps but not sure about the parking spot. I would not stay at Anaheim Inn just because of the poor reviews even though it is cheaper.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I can tell you that you will probably not want to stay at the Grand Californian hotel, as their "accessible" rooms have little room for a standard wheelchair, much less an EVC. However, the accessible rooms at the Disneyland Hotel as more accomodating of an EVC, even if all you plan to do with it is park it in the room at night.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.