As some of you are probably aware, the rapidly rising film composer Michael Giacchino has done a number of projects for Disney over the last few years, most prominently the score to "The Incredibles" and all the episodic scores to the ABC/Touchstone series "Alias" and "Lost".
Those that enjoy his music are likely to be interested in a recent episode of "Cinematic Sound", a 4-hour Canadian radio show that offers their programs for download online. They recently did an "online exclusive" episode that entirely featured Giacchino's music. For the show, Giacchino provided them with recordings of quite a bit of his music that has yet to be released on CD, including a good deal of his Disney music.
The Disney-related segments included on the program were:
1. A suite of music from "Lost" (taken from the soundtrack CD that came out this week, this was the only Disney music featured that is commercially available)
2. Music from the score to "Sky High".
3. The full Disneyland and Disneyland Paris Space Mountain soundtracks. The show played prestine recordings of the full ride soundtracks, not the abbreviated demo versions on the various CD releases. Try not to cringe too much at the show's host repeatedly talking about "Walt Disneyland"...
4. A suite of music from the score to "Muppet Wizard of Oz".
5. A suite of music from the video game "The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer", which included a couple original themes in addition to new arrangments of the themes from the film.
The show also included segments from a couple other fairly obscure Giacchino scores that were not for Disney projects. The program did not include his more widely available scores to "Alias" and "The Incredibles", probably to let them focus on the unreleased music.
The program is available online from:
Cinematic Sound Radio Show