Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland to Anaheim Amtrak station

Disneyland to Anaheim Amtrak station

Does anyone have directions for how to get to the Anaheim Amtrak train station from Disneyland? I'm meeting up with a friend at Disneyland Sunday and I am going to have her take me to the train station afterwards. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. # ADS

Disneyland to Anaheim Amtrak station

Does anyone have directions for how to get to the Anaheim Amtrak train station from Disneyland? I'm meeting up with a friend at Disneyland Sunday and I am going to have her take me to the train station afterwards. Thanks in advance for any help.

I would suggest using one of the many maps websites (Google, Yahoo, Mapquest).

ok thanks. didnt know if anyone had any quick directions they could copy paste, i'll try a map web service.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kameko
    ok thanks. didnt know if anyone had any quick directions they could copy paste, i'll try a map web service.
    If you are on Disneyland Drive, turn left (east) on Katella. Its a couple miles down the road on the right. There will be signs that show you where to turn into Anaheim Stadium to go to Amtrak. Very easy to access.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Use the Fullerton Station instead, it is a LOT easier to get to, and has easy access. If you want to take the bus from the DLR, use the OCTA route 43, it will drop you off in the parking lot! If you use Anaheim, you have a long walk, since the station is in the middle of the Angel Stadium parking lot.

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

thanks guys, for the help. i'm having a friend drive me there and i already bought my ticket for anaheim. one way was only $17.10 with my aaa discount!!

I've seen taxis (plural) at the Anaheim station, each time I swung by.
    I did not see a single taxi at the Fullerton station.

That might be a factor in choosing one's train terminal.

"It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

That's where I am right now!!!

Only replying because this is too funny (to me)...

I am on an Amtrak train sitting int the Anaheim station as I read this. I'm on my Verizon wireless card supposedly working but I took a break to check out the message boards.

How much of a coincidence is that?

Little kids and seats in the taxi

Thinking more about this, I've always considered taking the train for a day at DLR because I live right near another station on the line. But the problem I've never figured out is the car seats for the taxi for my 1 and 5 year olds. I could take car seats with us (what a pain to put it in the taxi though), but then what do I do with them at Dland? Maybe the booster would fit in a locker but not the full seat for the 1 year old. Anyone have any experience with this?

I find it very frustrating that Dland or Amtrak doesn't just have a shuttle bus between the train station and the park. Even if they just did it once an hour (hopefully timed to the trains) that would be fine. I pass the station for work all the time and I see tons of park goers on the train (obvious for the balloons, shopping bags, etc...), so it seems like there would definitely be a demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonknapp
    I find it very frustrating that Dland or Amtrak doesn't just have a shuttle bus between the train station and the park. Even if they just did it once an hour (hopefully timed to the trains) that would be fine. I pass the station for work all the time and I see tons of park goers on the train (obvious for the balloons, shopping bags, etc...), so it seems like there would definitely be a demand for it.
    Interesting to note, the OCTA (local bus) does have a free shuttle to the DLR with the Metrolink trains (designed for employees) that arrive or leave at Anaheim (Need to show your train ticket to board, or pay). But for the Amtraks, you have the long walk to Katella Blvd to catch a bus, and you have to pay the $1.25 fare, never made sense to me......

Also, if you are coming from the north (Union Station), Anaheim is $1 more in train fare, plus the the longer travel time. You could be at the DLR using the OCTA Route 43 from Fullerton at about the same time that the train is arriving at Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Interesting to note, the OCTA (local bus) does have a free shuttle to the DLR with the Metrolink trains (designed for employees) that arrive or leave at Anaheim (Need to show your train ticket to board, or pay)
    I did not know that! If I just come on any Metrolink train will it be waiting and can the public (non-employees) use it? Is there any info about it on the web somewhere? Is the shuttle big enough that it doesn't have seat belts (which would imply that taking kids without car seats is okay)? I'm coming north, so Fullerton wouldn't make sense for me.

Another thought... I believe Metrolink is only weekdays. So on weekends employees don't get a shuttle?

I'd love to have info on the metrolink/bus info... anyone??? same problem with me, my daughter is in a carseat, so we can't use a taxi from the station.

The website is down...

http://www.octa.net/

I think the bus is the 460.....

The shuttle is very convenient, and so is Metrolink.

The shuttle is offered as part of Metrolink's StationLink program, which provides free transfers for anyone holding a valid Metrolink ticket.

The shuttle is operated by the O.C.T.A. and is not associated with Disney, itself.

The small buses wait in the parking area of Anaheim Station for each train to arrive. They, then, provide express service to: the Harbor Boulevard pedestrian entrance; Team Disney, Anaheim; and, the backside of the Disneyland Hotel.

Incidentally, there is no walking required at Anaheim Station should one choose to use that stop, so I very much recommend detraining at Anaheim Station and using the free StationLink shuttle for express service to Disneyland's pedestrian entrance on Harbor Boulevard.

Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-27-2006 at 02:31 AM.

I do not believe the shuttles use seat belts. The buses are small, clean, and well-maintained since they are used mostly by Disney employees.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Incidentally, there is no walking required at Anaheim Station should one choose to use that stop, so I very much recommend detraining at Anaheim Station and using the free StationLink shuttle for express service to Disneyland's pedestrian entrance on Harbor Boulevard.
    This is true for the Metrolink shuttles, but if you take Amtrak, you do have to walk to Katella Blvd. to catch the bus! And if you take the Metrolink, you can also get free bus fare on Route 43 from the Fullerton station, which takes you to the DLR entrance on Harbor, and it gets you to the entrance at about the same time, and a dollar cheaper from LA!

Eternal Foe of the Work Ethic
    Quote Originally Posted by kameko
    Head south on Harbor, to Katella.
    Turn left (east) on Katella and continue on, under the freeway.
    The next big intersection is State College.
    Continue past State College, and there will be an entrance to your right leading to the Amaheim Amtrak station.