Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Port Orleans Resort - what building is best?

Port Orleans Resort - what building is best?

Hi all,

I am going to be staying at POR in February with DH and 3 sons (we have a trundle bed). Having never stayed at this resort, I was wondering where I should request to stay. My sons like to be near the "action" (the large themed pool) and I like to be within close walking distance to the food court. Please offer any suggestions.

Thank-you!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This link has a map of the resort near the bottom. I THINK that just Alligator Bayou has the trundle beds (these are the smaller buildings on the left side of the map), but someone will have to clarify that. I've only stayed in the Magnolia Bend (Mansions) side of thing, and neither of the rooms I've been in has had them.

In addition to Drince's comment about trundle bed rooms being located in Alligator Bayou - building 14 is ridiculously close to the food court (and 15 and 18 beside it) and buildings 27 and 38 are both close to Old Man Island's bridges (where the main pool is located) Buildin 27 is especially nice in that it's close the bridge to the main pool, but also right next to a quiet pool as well.

Building 18 is one that's often requested to (in between 14 and 27) but beware that it has some smoking optional rooms.

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88
    This link has a map of the resort near the bottom. I THINK that just Alligator Bayou has the trundle beds (these are the smaller buildings on the left side of the map), but someone will have to clarify that. I've only stayed in the Magnolia Bend (Mansions) side of thing, and neither of the rooms I've been in has had them.
    Eeek, "now" I after I made a new thread I remember seeing this... anyhoo, any information is helpful. I will have to do homework and read up on the map.

Stephanie