Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Expedition: Everest DVC/AP preview roll call!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    I did five trips in a row (no waiting on any of those trips) and my stomach felt a little bit off after that.
    After my fourth trip in a row (no wait, using Fastpasses) Sunday afternoon, the backwards motion unsettled my head, making me feel sort-of, but not quite, dizzy. It's hard to describe the feeling, but I know that I couldn't have gone again without a break even if I was personally invited by Walt .
    WDW
    1976, Nov. 14-22, '94; June 1-5, '03; June 4-10, '04; Oct. 6-10, '04; Dec. 29, '04-Jan. 3, '05; June 3-12, '05; Dec. 2-8, '05; Jan. 28-31, '06; May 7-13, '06

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Eff
    I only rode it twice before my stomach made me stop. That's never happened on a ride before and I attribute it to something other than EE. I won't let that Yeti beat me. I won't, I won't, I won't.
    Say it with me... "I think I can. I think I can..."
    "Normal people are just plain freaky!"
    DisneylandForever broke Maelstrom!!

Great picture - Jay Eff - you get the job for ride meet photography - when you don't want to ride, that is.

I'm really nuts - it took me 18 times before I started feeling funny. The 19th ride probably wasn't the best idea, so it's a good thing they stopped letting us in after that. Can't wait to go back and ride again!

R.I.P. Tarzan Rocks!

Thirsty? Try some Ye-tea!

Quote Originally Posted by brazen wench
    After my fourth trip in a row (no wait, using Fastpasses) Sunday afternoon, the backwards motion unsettled my head, making me feel sort-of, but not quite, dizzy. It's hard to describe the feeling, but I know that I couldn't have gone again without a break even if I was personally invited by Walt .
    Yeah, the backwards portion made me feel a little wonky. You have to keep your eyes open and head back just as on Mission Space to combat the feeling. I found myself fighting it just a little each time I went thru the pitch black portion of the ride.

-J

aka The Dread Pirate Roberts

The first 'round' went to the Yeti, but I 'know I can' (thanks for the encouragement, Spark) and one day my picture will grace this hallowed boards, arms up and enjoying the drop like I did on the first go-round.

It was the backwards portion that 'got me' not the drop, and yet people make the big deal about the drop. That was the coolest part. I could do that over and over.

We were like, "woaaaah.", and I was like, "woaaaah." and you were like, "woaaahh..."