Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Expedition: Everest DVC/AP preview roll call!

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Expedition: Everest DVC/AP preview roll call!

OK, I know that there are lots of MPers heading down for the Expedition: Everest DVC/AP previews January 26-29. Who's going, and who's interested in scheduling a meet? We could either meet for lunch at Animal Kingdom during the preview, or (since the park closes at 5 each day) we could meet for dinner elsewhere one evening.

If you're going, let us know where you're staying and what days you'll be there!

I'll start. We're arriving at Pop Century Friday evening and departing early Monday morning.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I arrive mid day Friday, staying at Pop Century, leaving early evening Sunday. Some sort of meet on Saturday sounds great to me!

We'll arrive friday afternoon, staying at POP, leaving on sunday when the kids get tired.

Since epcot has EMH on friday night, IMO we should try to meet there, but we're flexible.

Jenn
    Who moved to SoFl to be closer to WDW

My cousin and I are arriving on the 28th so I hope to be on EE on the 29th. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jengold29
    Since epcot has EMH on friday night, IMO we should try to meet there, but we're flexible.
    I would love to do a mousssse meet on Friday night, but the friend coming with me doesn't have an AP, and it doesn't make sense for him to upgrade from a 2-day hopper to a 3-day hopper just for the EMH. (We get in around 7 p.m. that evening.) We could do Friday night at PI or Saturday night at Epcot, or just Flame Tree between rides on Saturday at lunchtime.

We added days on our POR reservation...we'll now be arriving Jan 27 VERY excited for the preview

Will be there Jan 26 - 30th

I'm all booked and ready to fly in from Houston about two weeks after I arrive home from another Disneyland trip (will be there Jan 10 - 14) so I'm pretty excited.

My plane arrives Jan 26th (Thursday) at Noon. I will be jumping in a rental car and heading straight to the AK for my first ride and then over to Pop Century where I am checking in. I am taking this trip SOLO (don't need a fancy room) so I'd love to meet up with some fellow Disney Dorks while at the world.

My name is Jeff and I can be heard quite regularly on the Trapped on Vacation podcast. I have been providing audio for the Disneyland segments of the show. I'll be getting some more audio for the show out in Disneyland next week and then, of course, some audio of EE and WDW while I'm in for the AP Preview.

I'll keep checking this thread for some solid plans. I'd like to check out Raglan Road for some good beers one night if anyone is interested.

-J

I will be there, Jan 18th to Jan28th- but probably won't take the ride- I'm the only one with an AP and I barely hold it together for the Toon town coaster... I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys though.

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm doing Raglan Road that Friday night with a couple of people, but I don't think that we can open it up to the general public.

If people don't want to do a Pleasure Island meet later Friday night, I'll put it up for discussion and vote.

What would you prefer, folks?

1. Meet for lunch at 12:30 or 1:00 on Saturday at the lower seating area (by the water) at Flame Tree Barbecue between rides on Everest

2. Meet for shocolate mousssse at 7:30 or 8:00 on Saturday night, followed by Illuminations viewing

Whaddaya think?

Awright! Question...

Greetings!
    I am new to this group...and am a DVC member...we are told we get to bring 3 friends with us to ride...is there a limit to how many times a day I can go and bring people? Anyone know? How about can I go each of the 4 days?
    I sure hope so! we go on the 22 and stay till the 30th...Saratoga Springs...
    I haven't seen anything recent on Cinderellabration, is it going to be running?
    Tarzan Rocks will be closed by then... we are going to be attending a breakfast in Akershus, any recommendations for seating?
    How about the Arabian Nights dinner show?
    hope to meet some of you, and thanks for your help! i love reading the comments, very educational! :-)
    cheers!
    digieddie :-)

Well, I am trying to get the husband down there for the preview but he's balking. Something about all this Disney stuff. OK, so we did a seven day Disney cruise and then the next weekend went to Disney World for Christmas. But, if I get my way, we'll be there. We'll stay offsite (I can get a free room and that's a bargaining chip).

I vote for the mousssse meet myself. We won't get there until Saturday around noon (we do one day trips from north Georgia which is why the husband is not too pleased) so later on Saturday would work.

No promises, though. It helps it was just our anniversary this week so the husband is a little pliable.

disnut8 -- good luck with the persuading! Even a one day trip sounds heavenly to me. To everyone going -- have a blast and be sure to report back for those of us living vicariously

Lunch at the AK sounds kinda groovy to me. The only place I ever eat while at the AK is the Flame Tree. Yum. My vote is in.

-Jeff

The mechanics of getting in to see the attraction are interesting me, as I have never been to an attraction DVC/AP preview. Do they check your AP/DVC member card prior to entering the attraction? Are FastPasses usually available? Is it usually a madhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieM
    The mechanics of getting in to see the attraction are interesting me, as I have never been to an attraction DVC/AP preview. Do they check your AP/DVC member card prior to entering the attraction? Are FastPasses usually available? Is it usually a madhouse?
    We went for the preview of Soarin' (and the husband admitted is was a great weekend). I expected the worst. I got the best. Yes, you do have to show your credentials before admittance. No FastPasses. You go when you go. For Soarin', we did have a bit of a wait - told 90 minutes but turned into 30. If you are there only for the preview, go for it. It's up to you. But Disney, like usual, handled the crowds very easily.

I guess that why I'm so excited for Everest. Because of Soarin'. See - I HATE roller coasters. But I'm willing to go just for this.

BTW - just mentioned that I'll be making the hotel reservations this weekend and the husband said nothing. We are GOING!!!!!!!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I read somewhere that they might be doing fastpasses for this preview - but I don't recall where or if it was a 'reliable' source. I may have also seen something that the two queues would be significantly different from each other, which would make sense that they'd have people on both.

I'm assuming we'll be able to go as many times as we want during the time period - but you only get one pin/lanyard for the whole weekend. I'd also assume that if a DVC member was there with 12 of their closest friends/family, they'd be able to go with the others in waves.

I'm game for any kind of meet - I only have one other 'agenda' item on my list besides EE and any meets, and I'll hopefully get that out of my system in the afternoon on Friday.

I'm excited you're going to be there, Disnut8 (and everyone else, too!)

One thing led to another...to another...to another AND we ?may? be going!!! It would just be the Birthday Girl and me for the weekend. Final decision in the morning from the kid. Am I NUTS or what?!!?

OMG Leslie -- how fun!!!
    Hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88
    I'm game for any kind of meet - I only have one other 'agenda' item on my list besides EE and any meets, and I'll hopefully get that out of my system in the afternoon on Friday.
    Ummm, let's see...Could it be WWTBAM-PI? As many shows as are scheduled that day?

Have fun! (And hope to see you there!)

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88
    I think I read somewhere that they might be doing fastpasses for this preview - but I don't recall where or if it was a 'reliable' source. I may have also seen something that the two queues would be significantly different from each other, which would make sense that they'd have people on both.
    The source may have been me. They did announce that Fastpasses would be available. And, if what I'm seeing around the Internet is true, they may be necessary at some points. But the two queues will in fact be different, and I'm planning to walk both of them during the weekend.

I'm assuming we'll be able to go as many times as we want during the time period - but you only get one pin/lanyard for the whole weekend. I'd also assume that if a DVC member was there with 12 of their closest friends/family, they'd be able to go with the others in waves.
    One lanyard - I'd assume that's correct.
    DVC members taking friends in waves - I'm not so sure of that, especially if the friends get lanyards. If you're planning on doing that, you may want to call DVC Member Services to confirm.

On another topic...

Woohoo!!! We get to meet Sheri!! (And maybe Leslie, too!!)

So far, the voting stands....

Flame Tree - 1
    Mousssse - 0

Howdy again!

ah! 16 days left! we are getting crazy up here in Oregon, planning this trip! 8 days! nutz! I did ask the DVC people and they do not know. darn it all, they told us to wait and see... we might get a new one each day - but no one will get more than one a day...even my posse! ;-) hee hee!
    Any info on how to find out When the Cinderellabration usually takes place?
    How about how to be identified for this event?

Thank you for all the info, this is awesome!!
    CHEERS,
    DIGIEDDIE :-)

Cool oh, yes, and...

...how about pin trading? i have been addicted to pins for a long time! DL has been so-so because the weather has been VERY rainy for each of our yearly trips, so no AP people, just outta towners like us! we normally have to go to the trading centers an just run into cast members! I am hoping there will be pin traders everywhere in WDW! :-)
    ...i like to collect odd pins...
    so? anyone?
    e :-)

Add two to that meet number! The Birthday Girl and I are coming!

We'll come in early Friday, stay at Pop (along with many, it would appear!), and leave Sunday afternoon. We're up for whichever of the two meets :

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    1. Meet for lunch at 12:30 or 1:00 on Saturday at the lower seating area (by the water) at Flame Tree Barbecue between rides on Everest

2. Meet for shocolate mousssse at 7:30 or 8:00 on Saturday night, followed by Illuminations viewing
    or for both of the meets, if a bunch of people can't make it for one of the meets.

Can't wait to have our own mini-MousePlanetFest!

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieM
    Add two to that meet number! The Birthday Girl and I are coming!
    Woohoo!! Leslie's coming!

DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I'm gonna be there from the 23rd through the 30th, staying at All-Star Music currently but will probably change it to Pop Century.

I'm not DVC or AP, so I'm pretty much out of luck unless they schedule the CM previews during that same time like rumors said that they would. :D Not that I'm eligible for that anyways as a DLR Cast Member... thankfully I have a friend who works at WDW and could get me in if the previews happens to fall during my trip.

All in all, I need a vacation anyways and Everest would just be a plus.

Cast Members are currently riding today (very last minute notice) because they are filming the commercial shoots for it.

Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins with Me...! 8:P