Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Golden Lifetime Pass

Disneyland Golden Lifetime Pass

I think Disney should offer a lifetime golden pass as part of their 50th celebration. Other theme parks offer lifetime passes, why not Disneyland? Maybe in the $2000 to $3000 range? Would anyone be interested in purchasing such a pass? I wouldn't even mind the Southern Cal style blackout dates. Disney would get the money now and we would be protected from future price increases. Seems like a win-win situation to me, although I wouldn't know who to propose the idea to.

2. # ADS

Registered Independant

It would be a money loss for Disney at $2-3K. That is only ten years of annual passes. People who would purchase a lifetime pass, are likely to spend more on annual passes, IMHO

"The ultimate ponzi scheme: Social Security" - Jim Cramer

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried." - Winston Churchill

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyhound
    It would be a money loss for Disney at $2-3K. That is only ten years of annual passes. People who would purchase a lifetime pass, are likely to spend more on annual passes, IMHO
    and when CLub 33 memberships are in the 10s of thousands and there is a waiting list - a golden lifetime would be more in the range of $25K or higher - and that's why they'd never offer it. except for maybe a Neimen Marcus catalog gift... ($100K lifetime pass! Such a deal!).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Tower of Terror is the best

I think it be cool if they did offer one but I don't think they offer one in next few years and if they do it will cost a lot of money.

BLAB NEW pass 26 as of 10/14/2010
    New AP DCA tower of terror count 32 9/17/2010 & space mountain 44 8/10/2010 ghost glaxy3 9/17/2010
    DCA Tower of Terror Count as of 2/08/06 : 912
    Reopened Space Mountain Count 73 02/19/2006

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petersgj
    Other theme parks offer lifetime passes, why not Disneyland?
    Which theme parks offer lifetime passes?
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

LEGOLAND for one.

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Blog Entries

Not a theme park but the San Francisco Zoo used to sell a lifetime pass way back in the day.

I love olegc's idea of a Neiman Marcus Wishbook-style golden lifetime pass to Disneyland. Don't you see it like a military dogtag, only in gold and diamonds?

Insert passive aggressive sentence of your choice here.

Registered Independant
    Quote Originally Posted by 3894
    ...Don't you see it like a military dogtag, only in gold and diamonds?
    That would be cool! Do you suppose it would include the enhanced Fast Pass like AAA tickets? Or would they limited to the once-an-hour FP like the little people...
    "The ultimate ponzi scheme: Social Security" - Jim Cramer

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried." - Winston Churchill

Is it football season yet??
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyhound
    That would be cool! Do you suppose it would include the enhanced Fast Pass like AAA tickets? Or would they limited to the once-an-hour FP like the little people...

For how much money you would have to spend they better include enhanced FP's!! LOL...

Finding Nemo has forever changed the way that I say the word escape.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    LEGOLAND for one.
    Hmmm, I hadn't known that and hadn't heard any advertising for that. But I went to get some information, and it's apparently $1,000 for the lifetime membership, which includes admission to all the Legoland parks. I remember enjoying my visit to Legoland CA and would like to go back, but I can't imagine wanting a lifetime membership, especially since the other parks are more prohibitive to get to.

I don't know that there would be a way to quantify the value of a lifetime membership to Disneyland, even if it were only good at the CA parks.

Anyone know if any other theme parks (or something like the SF Zoo) that offers lifetime passes?
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

My pal Murphy sez if you purchase a "Lifetime" anything, one of two things will quickly happen:

1. That business will go out of business.

- or -

2. You will die.

Opus1guy

The San Diego Zoo has lifetime memberships also, but I wouldn't call that a theme park.

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/society/gift_lifeincome.html

Notice they don't post the amount needed, and I presume you will be solicited for additional donations for the rest of your life......

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy
    My pal Murphy sez

I see we know some of the same people!

Just put aside at least 500 dollars times the amount of years you expect to use the pass (of course 500 dollars probably will not cover the cost of a Premium pass in a few years although it will give you a rough estimate)
    500 times 60 years equals 30,000 dollars. I would add probably another 50,000 on top of that for inflation etc. Figure about 80,000 in today's dollars to cover 60 years of premium passes. Of course 60 years from now we could be laughing at how little 80,000 dollars is worth although who really knows!

Disney-fan:then, now & forever
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Hmmm, I hadn't known that and hadn't heard any advertising for that. But I went to get some information, and it's apparently $1,000 for the lifetime membership, which includes admission to all the Legoland parks. I remember enjoying my visit to Legoland CA and would like to go back, but I can't imagine wanting a lifetime membership, especially since the other parks are more prohibitive to get to.
    A LEGO lifetime pass maybe doesn't seem valuable n the US, but here in Europe, we have two (or 3?) Legolands (one in Denmark, one in UK and I think one in Germany, but not sure about that one). Next to lifelong admission to the parks, they also offer some sort of a discount on LEGO.
    My brother is a big LEGO-fan, not really for playing-purpose, but more as collectibles (Star Wars), and he would like to buy the pass, because it will save him lots of money on the purchase of LEGO.
    DL - offsite: 07/98, 07/00, 07/02, 10/05, 08/06
    DLP - Santa Fe: 12/01, 07/03, 07/04, 12/04, 01/06- Hotel New York: 12/06 - Offsite: More times than I can count
    WDW - AS Music: 10/07- AS Sports: 04/09 - offsite: 05/06, 05/10
    Accepting all kinds of indecent proposals to get into Club 33.

lifetime passes given by walt

Have any of you seen the older couple who does a lot of dancing at the Carnation Plaza Pavilion? They are such a hoot.

A friend of mine used to sing at DLR when they did the Swing dancing, and this older couple, in their 80s, where there every single time dancing was available. They wore home made matching outfits, and they were just such a crack up, shimmying all around, and entertaining the crowds.

They have been going to DLR since it was new, and have danced there as long as bands have played! They knew Walt personally, and he personally gave them lifetime passes. Wow!

I hope they're still around. It was about 2 years ago that I went to visit my friend and met them. I haven't seen them since, but I haven't been there when a band has been playing.

Walt gave out Gold Passes that were either reviewed each year for extension for another year, or Lifetime. The cards themselves were the same. Being presented with a "Lifetime" meant simply that your name was put on the Lifetime list and therefore was exempt from annual review.

There's a great color film of an old Jack Benny Show where Jack visits Walt at the Disney Studios to try to get some free ticket books to Disneyland from him (Jack being the uber-cheapskate that was his character). Walt pulled a big stack of ticket books from his desk and handed them to Jack. Then Walt stopped and asked Jack, "Say...didn't I give you a Lifetime 24k Solid Gold Pass to Disneyland some time ago?" To which Jack replied opening his mouth wide and pointing to a tooth in his mouth, "Yes you did. I had it melted down for a filling!" But there were never any Gold Passes that were made out of real gold that I ever heard of. That was just done for the gag.

I believe the physical Gold Passes were discontinued some years ago, and now those "Lifetime" folks just get new Silver Passes each year, with the same amount of "Guest" admissions as their old Gold afforded.

However there is still something called a "Gold Football" in use today, but it's not Lifetime. It's a gold football shaped car window sticker that looks sorta like the Disney nametags, that is given to the very tippy top Park and Company executives. They can bring their cars to any backstage gate with as many occupants as they want and park anywhere backstage they wish. Or onstage for that matter.

There are also temporary paper Gold Footballs which you place on your dashboard that are given to those same tippy top Execs when they say visit Walt Disney World and have a rental car. They have expiry dates printed on them based on the length of their stay. They are also sometimes given out to retired execs and occasionally Disney Legends and sometimes others when they visit.

I was fortunate enough to have been assigned one on several stays at Walt Disney World. I once asked the Security guy at the backstage gate to the Magic Kingdom (over by the Contemporary) just what this pass meant. He replied that if I wanted to drive my car out on Main Street during operating hours, he would happily open the gate for me and let me drive out there in my rental car! He also added that I'd likely never get another one at that point. But it meant you could pretty much go where you like with your car, even in the most secured areas...no questions asked.

When President Bush's entourage of autos drove from the Mexico pavilion to American Adventure as sort of an arrival parade once at Epcot...his and each Secret Service vehicle had this same Gold Football dashboard paper pass as I had.

When backstage at Disneyland in the old days, whenever you saw a personal car or two parked directly behind City Hall in a No Parking zone, you could just bet you were going to see a Gold Football sticker in their windows. And you always did.

Gold Footballs. The ultimate admission media and parking pass!

Opus1guy

Is it football season yet??
    Quote Originally Posted by ferliemom
    Have any of you seen the older couple who does a lot of dancing at the Carnation Plaza Pavilion? They are such a hoot.

A friend of mine used to sing at DLR when they did the Swing dancing...

I hope they're still around. It was about 2 years ago that I went to visit my friend and met them. I haven't seen them since, but I haven't been there when a band has been playing.

Ahhh, I DO know who you are talking about! (They do still have Swing dancing at DL every Saturday night) When I was there last Saturday I did not see them ( I have to admit though, I wasnt looking for them either) but I saw them a few months ago I belive it was... Such a great couple to talk to! They were so kind and quick witted!

Finding Nemo has forever changed the way that I say the word escape.

Compulsive Guide Map Collector
    However there is still something called a "Gold Football" in use today, but it's not Lifetime. It's a gold football shaped car window sticker that looks sorta like the Disney nametags, that is given to the very tippy top Park and Company executives.
    Haha very cool! I have never heard of those. You don't happen to have a picture of one?
    http://wdwjohn.blogspot.com
    A blog featuring my Disney travels and experiences as a cast member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeyslittlehelper
    Haha very cool! I have never heard of those. You don't happen to have a picture of one?
    Sorry, I don't. And if I did...in this day and age of Photoshop...I'm not sure I'd post it!

Opus1guy

TAKE MORE PICTURES!

Yeah, Gemco and Fedco are both gone, right ?

My pal Murphy sez if you purchase a "Lifetime" anything, one of two things will quickly happen:

1. That business will go out of business.

- or -

2. You will die.

TAKE MORE PICTURES!

Will DLR sell you more than 1 year worth of AP at a time? Like, pay for the next 5 years NOW.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah
    Just put aside at least 500 dollars times the amount of years you expect to use the pass (of course 500 dollars probably will not cover the cost of a Premium pass in a few years although it will give you a rough estimate)
    500 times 60 years equals 30,000 dollars. I would add probably another 50,000 on top of that for inflation etc. Figure about 80,000 in today's dollars to cover 60 years of premium passes. Of course 60 years from now we could be laughing at how little 80,000 dollars is worth although who really knows!

Überlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Will DLR sell you more than 1 year worth of AP at a time? Like, pay for the next 5 years NOW.....?
    Nope. They won't even let you renew your current pass until you are pretty close to the expiration.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Yeah, Gemco and Fedco are both gone, right ?
    I remember Gemco! I haven't heard of that store in YEARS!
    ~*~ Jennifer ~*~

DL Trips: 1983, 1989, 1992, 1997, 2006, 2009, 2010
    DLP: 2011
    WDW: 2013??

TAKE MORE PICTURES!

What do they look like? Anyone have a pic? Anyone seen them lately?

Quote Originally Posted by ferliemom