Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Grocery/convenience store [near] Disneyland Hotel [walking distance]

Grocery/convenience store [near] Disneyland Hotel [walking distance]

We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel w/out wheels and I was wondering if there was a grocery/convenience store within walking distance of it so we can get water or soda at a more reasonable price? Thanks for the help ya'll!

If you can dream it, you can do it!! -Walt Disney

Disneyland 10-18 thru 10-21!!!
    Walt Disney World 11-23 thru 12-3!!!
    Disney West and Disney East 2007

2. # ADS

Walk down Disneyland Drive to Katella, turn left.
    There is a convience store, 7-11, I think.

Drink Up Me Hearties YO HO!

Quote Originally Posted by disneychelle
    We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel w/out wheels and I was wondering if there was a grocery/convenience store within walking distance of it so we can get water or soda at a more reasonable price? Thanks for the help ya'll!
    Not a comfortable walking distance, no. There is a convenience store at Walnut and Katella (west of Disneyland Drive) and the 7-Eleven and the liquor store next to each other at Katella and Harbor.

There are also several grocery stores a short drive away. Do a search on "grocery" and previous threads will come up on this topic.

--t

The closest full sized grocery store is Food4Less on Katella, about one miule west of the DLR. Some people say it is walkable, otherwise you can take the City Bus for $2.50 round trip. (Route 50).

Food4Less is run by Kroger/Ralphs in SoCal, and a nice benefit is that there are no club cards needed for discounts.

Same mall, and across the street has a lot of stuff, including a SavOn Drugs (owned by Albertson's), a Hometown Buffet, and a Big KMart.

But another choice is to take Route 43 (OCTA) north to Orangethorpe, you can shop at a different Food4Less, plus shop at the Disney discount Warehouse outlet, Costco, Target, and grab a bite to eat at In-n-Out burger. This is a longer bus ride though (about 25 minutes one way).

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Albertsons will deliver to the hotel. Just go to the website and plug in the DL zip code and you can browse.

Same as vons.com, they are awesome and usually have specials for new users.

Will Disney allow the deliveries? I know with take-out, you have to pre-arrange with the Bell Captain. You need to leave the money with them, then pick it up from them. You should check on their policy regarding groceries, which will at least be pre-paid.

grocery store within walking distance?

i was wondering if there are any grocery stores close to the DL resort. i'm staying at the PPH and i won't have a car, but i'd like to be able to buy fruit and other food items without having to walk miles to get there. thanks for your help!

I know we walked to some place when I was there, I think 7Eleven. I *think* it's on the corner of Harbor and Katella, but I'm really not sure.
    Hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

Check out this recent thread for some information on grocery stores close to DLR.

I think there may be a 7-Eleven on the Harbor Blvd side - but if you want a full-on grocery store, I think the answer is no. There's a Target not too far away, but I don't think it's one of there super-center types; just a regular Target with a few food items, but not grocery selection.

We stayed recently at the Disneyland Hotel, and I had several maps that made it look like Food 4 Less (a warehouse-type store owned by Kroger/Fred Meyer) was close - but it was probably well over a mile. And the Albertsons that on my maps looked another block or two beyond that was probably about a mile past Food 4 Less. Fortunately I figured this out before the 11pm trip for baby food (I'll never figure out how we brought a day-and-a-half less than we needed). Needless to say I'm glad I didn't walk.

Quote Originally Posted by potterphreak
    Same as vons.com, they are awesome and usually have specials for new users.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissKim
    Albertsons will deliver to the hotel. Just go to the website and plug in the DL zip code and you can browse.
    Sigh... wish I'd known that. Thank you though, for next time.

Mod. Note: threads merged.

Close grocery store to DLH??

We're staying at the DLH for DD's dance competition and were wanting to get some groceries. We're not renting a car, but thought about getting a taxi to go to a store to pick up a few items. Anyone know the closet store??

7-11

For ordinary stuff, use the 7-11 at KATELLA and HARBOR.

Bread? Lunch meat? Soda Pop? Microwavable meals (soup, pasta)?

Or are you cooking from scratch?

"It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

The nearest store, based on mileage, is the Food4Less (owned by Kroger/Ralphs) on Katella about 1 mile west of the DLR. You can take a cab, or use the public bus. OCTA Route 50 goes up and down Katella, and is $1.25 for a one way fare.

Another good option is to go about 3 miles up (North) Harbor to Orangethorpe on OCTA Route 43. There are a LOT of stores in the area, including a Costco, a Target, the Disneyland Outlet Store, another Food4Less, plus In-n-Out Burger.

Mod Note: Threads merged

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    The nearest store, based on mileage, is the Food4Less (owned by Kroger/Ralphs) on Katella about 1 mile west of the DLR. You can take a cab, or use the public bus. OCTA Route 50 goes up and down Katella, and is $1.25 for a one way fare.

Another good option is to go about 3 miles up (North) Harbor to Orangethorpe on OCTA Route 43. There are a LOT of stores in the area, including a Costco, a Target, the Disneyland Outlet Store, another Food4Less, plus In-n-Out Burger.
    DARKBEER where is this area with in and out, target and the disney outlet? We are staying at the PArk Place Inn and we will have a rental car. If you know how far that would be great, or an address so I can map it out. Also you mentioned a home town buffet, how would I get there from our hotel. My daughters fav restaurant.
    Thanks so much,

Quote Originally Posted by daisy4me
    DARKBEER where is this area with in and out, target and the disney outlet? We are staying at the PArk Place Inn and we will have a rental car. If you know how far that would be great, or an address so I can map it out. Also you mentioned a home town buffet, how would I get there from our hotel. My daughters fav restaurant.
    Thanks so much,
    It's right in the post you quoted. 3 miles north on Harbor Blvd. to Orangethorpe. Do a search in this forum on "Disney Warehouse" to find out more information on the outlet store.

To get to the Hometown Buffet, just head west on Katella about one mile, it will be on the south (left) side of the street next to the Food4Less and SavOn stores.