Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Toon town

Toon town

maybe this is an obvious or asked recently but

why does toontown open later than the rest of the park?

2. # ADS

Banned

Awright!

yo

Because Disneyland is short 4,400 Cast Members.

simbaNnala101

what are you trying to tell me that they need 4,400 cast members moer in order to open up toontown!?!?!? That seems like way to many people just to open that piece of park.

~Ash~

Actually, that is a good question and I'd like to know as well. I know that the Toontown Morning Madness is held there, but I can't remember what time it starts (park opening??? On early entry days only???) Anyway....I'm guessing it is a cost saving measure. Not that they need 4000 employees, but they I imagine quite a few to cover attracations, food, and janitorial issues.

Anybody know the real reason???

maybe because it's at the back of the park and not the most popular attractions it's not cost effective as most people don't pick it as their first stop?

Since it's not open, can you still get off first thing on the train?

I'm wishing
    Quote Originally Posted by hg0079
    Since it's not open, can you still get off first thing on the train?
    Yes, the train doesn't actually let you off in TT. It is just in front of and to left of the tunnel to TT(if you are facing TT from Fantasyland). The tunnel goes beneath the train tracks.
    *~Aimee~*
    rather inclined to giggle

I've never heard anyone say "Let's go straight to ToonTown!!!" at exactly 8am, or run through the park to get there. I think it saves money for the park is the biggest reason... it's just so far away from the main gate, it's even out past the "berm"/train tracks. No one really gets back there that early, and all of the "E" ticket type attractions and things to do are located in other lands.

I drink your milkshake. DisneyDustin22's Avatar

I dunno about you guys, but I need my go-coaster fix first thing in the morning!

May not be the main reason but I have run into this several times. Many companies or very wealthy people have parties and rent out Toontown before it opens to the general public. I have seen this once during every trip. Three times it was a company event (all were wearing name tags or business suits with families) and the other time a CM said it was a private party. Wow.. to have that kind of money. (Although I would NOT rent Toontown.. I want DL at night empty with friends..) Anyway.. back from my wishful thinking. So they might keep it closed all the time so that this can be an option for DL to get extra money from renting and less staffing.
    OHHH I almost forgot. One time Sun Tours.. or some other tour company.. had rented out Toontown too.

Please Visit This SiteClick on the Pink Button and sponsors donate money (without taking any of your money) to fund free mammograms. While you're there, click on the Literacy, Rainforest, Animal Rescue, Child Health, and Hunger button. (After you click on the Pink button there will be the other buttons.) Also, check out the messages: Today, you and others who clicked on the "Fund Free Mammograms" button funded 11.9 mammograms for underprivileged women. OR Today, you and others who clicked on the "Give Free Food" button funded 99,334 cups of staple food for the hungry worldwide!

Quote Originally Posted by H22kai
    Wow.. to have that kind of money. (Although I would NOT rent Toontown..
    I bet disney dustin would rent it out just so he could have the go coaster to himself
    Last edited by stan4d_steph; 05-14-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole

Toontown also opens an hour later in WDW.

I never heard a reason why, but it does allow for them to hold Toontown Morning Madness now (well, since '05) and on days where there's both EE and Morning Madness available, guests can do both.

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter