Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

I'm really not familiar with this event--is it only for children??

I'm going to WDW next week with my sister and in addition to being Disney fanatics, we love Halloween. Will we be out-of-place at the MNSSHP without kids?

Oh wait...I'm not going next week... I leave Friday! Eek...I better go do laundry...
    Thanks for any feedback given!

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its a real fun time even without kids. Go and have a great time!!

Since you are leaving soon, to get more info without the wait you may want to do a search on "MNSSHP" as you will see many discussions relating to the event.

(Oh, and a big "Hello" from a fellow Chicago suburbanite!)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My sister and I went as adults 2 years ago and had a great time. The fireworks, parade (DON'T miss the headless horseman!), and riverboat story-telling cruise were the favorite parts for us, but there is no riverboat this year. If you like to get character autographs/pictures, there seemed to be a lot of different ones out and about (especially villans). We'd do it again (in fact, we're doing the Christmas party this year when we go because we enjoyed the Halloween party so much)

This will be the 3rd year I've gone to MNSSHP, and I always get a kick out of it. Even adults can dress up (providing we don't aim for the CM or character look).

Heard that the fireworks and parade this year is fantastic. The PoTC attraction has a gang of rabble-rousing pirates at the entrance too (the Rusty Cutlasses).

It's a lot of fun, you definitely won't be out of place without kiddos!!!

==Wendi==
    2007 WDW @ AKL ~ 2006 WDW @ AKL ~ 2005 WDW @ Pop ~ DLR Too Many Times To Count!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinitys Ghost
    The PoTC attraction has a gang of rabble-rousing pirates at the entrance too (the Rusty Cutlasses).
    If that's the same group that was there 2 years ago - they were great! At one point they 'drafted' sailors to help them with their pirate activities (aka, got kids to stand up with them and sing or something) and they drafted one adult. He WAS dressed in a pirate costume, but it was cute to see this big guy standing there with these kids, and the group.

(I'd forgotten that memory - thanks for reminding me )

Thanks everyone--it sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Inkyprintz
    I'm going to WDW next week.... Oh wait...I'm not going next week... I leave Friday! Eek...I better go do laundry...
    Thanks for any feedback given!
    Inky, I'm not even talking to you because you didn't realize you are going to WDW in two days!!! Ask me how many seconds until I go!!
    ~Wendy~ Trips to the World ~ 21 * 19 * 18 * 15 * 09 * 10/05 * 6/05 * 02 * 99 * 95 * 91 * 89 * 88 * 81 * 79 * 77 * 76 * 74

Quote Originally Posted by weneppott
    Inky, I'm not even talking to you because you didn't realize you are going to WDW in two days!!! Ask me how many seconds until I go!!
    I know -- I was just looking at your countdown on another post. I'm GREEN with envy! Hope you all have a blast!

Smile

Thanks! I'm very excited.

~Wendy~ Trips to the World ~ 21 * 19 * 18 * 15 * 09 * 10/05 * 6/05 * 02 * 99 * 95 * 91 * 89 * 88 * 81 * 79 * 77 * 76 * 74

Quote Originally Posted by weneppott
    I've been soooo stressed at work and it seems like it has taken forever for this day to get here. We've had so many other activities this week that it just sort of snuck up on me! I assure you that I am adequately excited now!
    In fact, I can't sleep! I'll just set my ipod for some good sleeping music and sleep on the plane tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Inkyprintz
    Oh wait...I'm not going next week... I leave Friday! Eek...I better go do laundry...
    I so laughed at this! Sounds like me before a trip.

Have a great time! Wow - leaving today!

At least I was able to squeeze in about 4 hours of sleep! I get almost manic the night before any vacation. My family calls it my "Travel Anxiety". I'm not at all afraid to fly, I'm usually very organized and I tend to have a very even temperment. But for some reason the night before a trip I just freak out! I can't sleep, I find myself starting things and loosing interest 10 minutes later and I get a weird desire to clean every corner of my house! Last night I reorganized my hall closet and refinished a table. And yet...I'm not packed! We leave for the airport in about 5 hours! I've just learned to embrace it as part of the excitment of travelling.

Adults will especially enjoy the Villains that perform at the castle, the special character meetings. I don't think they do autographs though. The Hallowishes fireworks are fantastic! The parade is very good too. Adults can trick or treat, something you wouldn't do at home. Adults can get their faces painted for free.

If you'd like to extend your trip you can wait until 4pm to enter the park with your MNSSHP ticket and save yourself an extra day for your park hopper pass. They don't tell you that when you buy the ticket but we asked ahead of time and was told by a TTC CM to enter at 4pm and not use the 10 day pass for my mil. My dmil then had 11 days at the parks. We stayed for 2 full weeks so it was great!