Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: A somewhat magical gathering?

A somewhat magical gathering?

Well, just after I booked my surprise trip for DH ( which could fall through due to my dad's health), I found that DH has a conference at the Yacht club in June. Our group always has a dinner with about 20 people. Where would be a good place for a dinner of this type? Thanks in advance!!

2. # ADS

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

What sort of food/atmosphere does your group generally prefer? There are many restaurants that could probably accommodate you, given fair warning.

Generally, they like a nice rather upscale dinner with a bit of privacy. Probably, they allot about $60 a person for a dinner. Thanks!!

$60 per person?! Wow! I'd suggest Yachtsman Steakhouse right there at the Yacht Club. Although there are lots and lots of different places in the Epcot resort area to check out. Spoodles, Flying Fish, BlueZoo, Palio, even Shula's on your "budget". With a group that large, I'd suggest not getting something inside a park.

Do you know if any of the restaurants have private rooms?

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I'd echo disnut8's recommendations. My first thought was the Yachtsman.

Your best bet in finding out about private rooms would be to call WDW Dining (407-WDW-DINE) and ask them.

We took a group to Artist's Point at Wilderness Lodge. Most had not seen the Lodge, and just wandering there is fun. Food was good and differents, too.

Several years ago I was trying to plan a large gathering (about 45 people) for a surprise birthday party. I started by calling WDW DINE then they transfered me to a large group/party planning department. He found a private room in the Poly for the party and things worked out great. So call WDW DINE and then ask for the division that does planning for large groups gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by disnut8
    $60 per person?! Wow!
    Well, the OP said that it was an upscale dinner. This usually includes an appetizer, main entre, dessert, and drinks (many time alcoholic). If I could keep my WDW dining budget down to only $60 per dinner, I'd be thrilled! Just me at the California Grill usually comes up around $100 or so. I don't eat this way anywhere else, but at Disney the budget for food is sky high!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Maybe you could book fantasmic package for every one at the Brown Derby at MGM- then you could watch the show together at the end. Just a thought.

The best place for large groups is Ohana's at the Polynesian Resort.
    Dinner is $25 for adults and is all you can eat. The food is very high quality. There are 4 courses and is great fun.

Kungaloosh!