Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: U.S. veteran's discounts?

U.S. veteran's discounts?

Is there an special discounts for Veterans of the US Armed Forces

As a second part are there any for disabled veterans that might not be for just plain Veterans

2. # ADS

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Hi Hank. Thank you so much for serving our country with honor.

So far as I know, the way to get your discounted ticket is to purchase one through your local MWR ticket office. Disney does not sell discounted military tickets directly. How much the MWR tickets are depends on the season, as they fluctuate. Traditionally though, you can count on at least getting a couple of dollars off.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Usually during off season you can also call the Disney Resort reservations line and they will give you discounts on Hotel rooms for the resort Hotels. It isn't all the time they have the discounts and they only hold so many rooms for the discounted rate.

My Boyfriend is in the army and we are going in September. We are saving $36 a ticket p/person for a 4-day. They have a lot of attraction tickets at MWR and ITT, Knott's, Universal, Disney, Dinner theaters Sea World, San Diego Zoo....and many more! Look on a base's website and see what you have. We are from Seattle so we've got a couple to choose from. A tip I noticed, the naval base was cheaper then the army base!! Maybe it was a fluke...but i'd check the different bases if you have access to get on them all! Good luck!!

Disneyland Trips: 1997 (April), 2004 (July), 2005 (September), 2006 (September), 2007 (June, December), 2008 (June), 2010 (August, December), 2012 (February: Leap Day! July, October, November), 2013 (August/September: Half-Marathon!), 2014 (Memorial Day: 24 hours! December)
    Disneyworld: October 2007, January 2014 Disneyland Paris:[/B] July 2006

We just got a one day, one park ticket at the Navy MWR for $46 plus $2 service charge for SIL who decided to join us. Military ID in party required.

Thank you to those that suggested the miitary base but I was more looking for the vet and disabled vet that are not retired military as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hank919
    Thank you to those that suggested the miitary base but I was more looking for the vet and disabled vet that are not retired military as well
    I have the same question ~ my father is a disabled vet from Vietnam and I wanted to help him put together a trip, but I don't think he has been near a base in years. Is that the only way to get them?

To understand what's available, we have to establish a few categories. This is way I understand it:

- Military Active Duty: you qualify for all military benefits: VA backed home loans, healthcare, base access for commissary, exchange and the Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) office which often sell Disney tickets at a discount.

- Retired: same as above, although you are a lower priority for healthcare.

- Military Reservist: Full benefits while on active duty, otherwise access to the base for commissary, exchange and the Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) office.

- Discharged Military Veteran: VA home loans and that's it. You can't get on base, you can't use military healthcare, you can't use the commissary, exchange, or MWR office. All those ads on TV claiming special benefits for veterans are just marketing campaigns.

- Disabled Vet (not retired): VA home loans and access to Veteran's Hospitals, but not Military Healthcare. Disabled vets also get payments from the government base on the severity of their disability. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure being a disabled vet does not get you access to any other military benefits.

- I think there's also another category of "Medically Retired", but I don't know much about it.

[QUOTE=Klutch]To understand what's available, we have to establish a few categories. This is way I understand it:

- Discharged Military Veteran: VA home loans and that's it. You can't get on base, you can't use military healthcare, you can't use the commissary, exchange, or MWR office. All those ads on TV claiming special benefits for veterans are just marketing campaigns.

Veterans regardless of disability are now elegibal for VA Health Care. Some may have to pay a copay but check with your local VA for this

That's news to me. I'm a nine year Navy veteran and, as far as I know, I have no access to VA hospitals. They can't keep up with the people who are disabled, let alone every discharged soldier, sailor, airman and marine.

I will look into it, though. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch
    That's news to me. I'm a nine year Navy veteran and, as far as I know, I have no access to VA hospitals. They can't keep up with the people who are disabled, let alone every discharged soldier, sailor, airman and marine.

I will look into it, though. Thanks for the tip.

Well my wife served 15 months in the US Army on stateside duty and is seen by the loca VA. Great for some meds that are not covered by HMO for a small $7 co pay per month for each med

Must have served during an armed conflict thu - Wife served during Vietnam era