Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: First time to Disneyland!

Day Number Two

Okay........on to Day number TWO! We had a rocky start as you will see but things did get better throughout the day!

This would be from Thursday, March 17th. Our three day park hopper pass gave us an early entry one morning into Fantasyland and this was it! We also had passes for Mickey's Toontown Madness!

We started off at the Coffee House at the Hotel which is by the swimming pool. For $35, we all had a very light breakfast! I am not a coffee drinker but I had a steamer with vanilla flavoring and it was quite good! My husband and I decided to split a cinnamon bun. When my husband took it out of the bag to cut in half, there was a BIG NASTY BUG stuck in the frosting on the top! Like a typical male, he flicked it off and began to cut it in half to eat until I stopped him! YUCK! I told him to take it back and get a new one! I was not feeling like I needed an extra dose of protein that morning! It sort of ruined my appetite for the new half but as my husband says........I am a bit of a "wuss" when it comes to these things!

We arrived to the Main Gate at 7:40 and were ready to get in by 8:00! It was nice to see the castle with no crowds yet! I have a picture that I will share later on which shows this!

We rode the other side of the Matterhorn and were bumped and jiggled some more! We only spotted the YETI twice on this side (we saw him three times on the other side if we remember correctly!) We also went into Snow White and Peter Pan again and my kids rode Dumbo and the carousal. It became crowded pretty quickly with the early entry!

Off to Mickey's TOONTOWN MADNESS (and one more BUMP to start the morning...........)

2. # ADS

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy - that wasn't very nice, leaving us hanging

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Family5LovesDisney
    I have been told that the stretching room doesn't actually move at WDW but I may have received inaccurate information.
    yeah, sorry, i realized after the fact that what i said was silly. in DL, the people go down, in WDW and Tokyo, the ceiling goes up.

as far as the facades go, i don't honestly know. my gut reaction would be that walt was very hands on with DL and the attention to detail was exceptional and i think without him at wdw, the details weren't the driving force.
    StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter

The thing I don't understand is why, with all the extra "real estate", didn't WDW make better facades for the entrances to some of their classic attractions (like It's a Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean)

I have been told that the stretching room doesn't actually move at WDW but I may have received inaccurate information.
    The detailing in WDW's Magic Kingdom, or lack thereof, is truly a mystery. They do have some nice areas of course, but so many of the marquee attractions at Disneyland were given second class status out in Florida. Very odd.

And the stretching rooms don't move at WDW. The floor stays in the same spot and the roof expands upwards. The swampy geography and very high water table in Orlando didn't allow them to dig too far down, and so the rooms don't really move. Once when I went to WDW in the late 90's the CM's running the Haunted Mansion weren't even doing the stretching room "show". They just left both sets of doors open on either side of the room, and the queue just shuffled through the stretching room and straight on to the load area without stopping. Really tacky.

At Disneyland, you are really in a very large elevator, and it descends about 20 feet "underground". When you walk out of the stretching room in Disneyland and down the "portrait hallway" you are walking under the berm and the Disneyland Railroad tracks to get out to the main show building. That huge show building is sunk into the ground about 15 feet, but there's still a large warehouse structure that sticks up above ground. Pirates is the same way, and the purpose of the two drops is to get you down underground, and as you float through the treasure caves and past all the skeletons you are going under the Railroad again and out to a very large warehouse structure outside the Park where the main show scenes are.

It's a very elaborate setup, and part of the reason why Disneyland's Pirates is 16 minutes long and WDW's is only 8 minutes long. They don't have any need to get you underground and outside of the Park, they just had plenty of room to build the ride there at the end of Adventureland. They just went for the main show scenes, and left out all the buildup, mood-setting scenes from Disneyland. I think they tried to set up the mood with their longer indoor queue though. But I'll take the Blue Bayou and the two drops, thank you.

I'm loving your trip reports! Keep 'em coming! It's a lot of fun to see Disneyland through the eyes of a Non-AP, Non-Californian. It's a perspective we don't often get here on the Internet fansites, and it's very refreshing!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Technically, the stretching room isn't an elevator but a hydrolic lift. The mechanism is under the floor. Because of this it can hold more weight going down than it can going up.

You know, 8 years ago, I didn't have this kind of information cluttering my brain. I blame my husband.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Continued

Mickey's Toontown Madness.............

My boys wanted to ride Gadget's Go-Coaster so we ran right there and rode it three times in a row with no line! Everyone else was in line to see the characters. The "show" was set for 9:30 so we had plenty of time to head over to Roger Rabbit's Toontown Spin. We rode it for the first time with no wait and then decided that we had time to ride it again as it was only 9:20 and there was no line.

For the second "bump" of the day.........

I guess the ride experienced some "technical" difficulties and it stopped right in the very last scene. We waited...............and waited.............and waited..............pretty soon all of the lights were turned on and everything in the scenes stopped moving.................and then my four year old son said the dreaded words "Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom really bad!" We were stuck in the ride and we waited some more.........he started to squirm..........as we waited some more.............and he squirmed...........and then I started to squirm thinking what a disaster it would be if he wet his pants and we had to go back to the hotel to change his outfit............................and we waited some more..........................it seemed like forever..................of course it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have a four year old sitting next to me who was about to spring a leak! YIKES! Finally, we were rescued by a cast member ...........

By this time it was 9:55 and we had missed the show so we were pretty bummed about that. But hey.......on the bright side........my son made it to the potty okay!

So my mood was a bit shot by the time we left Toontown!

Thanks Tp2000

THANKS for the information TP2000! I knew that the Pirates ride went underground because of the long climb back out at the end of the ride but I had on idea we were "underground" at the Haunted Mansion!

My husband and I really did enjoy Disneyland better then the Magic Kingdom. The only thing that my husband was disappointed in was the size of the castle but he did like the Matterhorn and we were thinking that it might feel overdone if there was a big castle and a big Matterhorn!

Smile And More..........

Okay........after our Toontown fiasco (which wasn't so bad except that we missed the cute little show where we were going to become citizens of Toontown) it was off to ride a few of our favorites!

We picked up some Fast Pass tickets for Indiana Jones and went into the Enchanted Tiki Room again! My youngest son was BEGGING us to go back there. Yes, we dragged my father along and promised him that it was not punishment and he was being a good Dad!

One nice thing that we had missed the day before was the show in the outside area where you are waiting. (we arrived right as they were letting you in the show the day before) There were different types of "gods" going all the way around and a short narrative to go along with each one. We enjoyed the "pre-show". We sat in a different location to get a new perspective on the show when we went inside. My favorite part of the show are the totem poles with the eyes that roll around and wink at you!

It was time to ride Indiana Jones after the Tiki Show and I was able to go in the "other door" to see if it was a little different. I think I read that it is but I couldn't tell because I was still all GAGAGA over the ride itself! Even better the second time around!

We had lunch at the Rancho Del Zocalo for lunch. Decent Fast Fare Mexican food. I had the beef nachos. My children enjoyed the Mickey Chicken Nugget Tacos which came with a side of chips and nacho cheese sauce.

At this point, the park was becoming VERY Crowded! You could hardly walk through some of the areas so we decided that we would head over to the California Adventure Park and see what that was about. I went with a bit of fear and trepidation after reading so many negative comments about this Park.......

That is SOOO not fair... you stopped... hahahah I love this trip report. Actually I am making notes for when we go in June. Thanks for posting this!
    Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

California Adventure.........

So off to Calfornia Adventure we went ............ But first we had to stop in the Main Street Candy Store where they were making some delicious chocolate filled Easter Egges (which we had to buy and eat!)

Okay............on to California Adventure....

I think maybe it was good that I have read so many negative reports about this place. I did not have high expectations at all so I was not disappointed and it was slightly better then I had imagined it to be. The Sundial is okay.......not as grand as the Castle, The Tree of Life, Spaceship Earth..........just okay. More then anything, I wanted to do "Soarin' Over CA" since I had read that this was a good ride. And BOY was it! I'm glad they are bringing it to the Land at Epcot so I can ride it some more! The whole hanger building effect was okay.......my husband enjoyed the pictures inside of aviators and aircraft from CA. The line moved rather quickly so we didn't get to read it all. The theater is pretty funky looking with your hang gliding seat contraptions. It did freak out my youngest son who thought they looked scary but he didn't cry. We were put in a front row seat to the left hand side of the screen. I did smell the pine and more pine.........even the orange groves smelled like pine! It was incrediable and very short! I felt a little let down when the ride was over because it was so good. My poor father was scared to death. He came out with white knuckles and sore hands from grabbing on to the arm rails. He is scared of heights and he was really freaked out by the parts where you felt like your feet were going to go into the mountain or into the water. I thought the sensation was terrfic and so did my Mom, my boys, and my husband!

We went to the Muppet Vision 3-D over in the Hollywood section after our "flight". My Mother has never seen this show and she just loved "Honey I Shrunk the Kids over at Disneyland...........which I think I forgot to mention in my first day report.........we did squeeze that show in the first day we were there This show is the same as MGM and always good for a few laughs. My Mom enjoyed it a lot as it was her first time to see it.

The Hollywood section of CA was nice. I think they did a pretty good job with the theming in there and the backdrop at the end of the street is pretty effective for giving the illusion that it was intended for.

My boys were quite anxious to do the Red Creek Challenge Trail. They could have spent all day in there. It's much larger and offers a lot more then the Dinosaur Boneyard equivalent at Animal Kingdom. It was hard to keep our eyes on all three boys and I about killed my knees walking over endless rope bridges! LOL! But it sure was fun for the kids and a great way for them to release some pent-up engery!

One thing that I thought was really nicely done in CA Adventure was the whole backdrop to the Grizzly River Run. We walked all around that ride to check out the rock formations, the geysers, and hot springs. There were a few spots where I could almost convince myself that I was out in Wyoming or Colorado! It was too chilly by this point in the day to ride the River Run which is too bad because there was no line at all. We were frozen by the time we were done walking around looking at this ride.

We found the exit that leads you right into the Grand Californian Hotel. We went into the lobby and sat by the fire to warm up! A story teller came in while we were sitting there and we all enjoyed that time. A piano player came in after that and played requests from my boys (including my four year old's request of "Jingle Bells"! )

We decided on a early dinner at Napolini in Downtown Disney. We all had the spaghetti and meatballs except for my boys who ordered the kid's cheese pizza. Dinner there was good. The spaghetti and meatball meal was around $13.50. What burned me up was that the waiter offered my boys juice to drink. I didn't hear him do this and one pineapple juice and two apple juices were ordered. The juice did not come with the kid's meal (which was $7.49 without a drink) That's fine but normally it's not more then $2 or $3 extra. The pineapple juice was $5.75 and each glass of apple juice was $4.75! Talk about some overpriced drinks! Oh well. Just a little thing really but I was a bit shocked at the prices of their juice glasses! But we all know how much we shell out on a Disney trip!!!!

After dinner it was back into Disneyland Park to ride Pirates and Haunted Mansion again! I just had to see Pirates one more time. There was a rowdy group of teenagers in the boat ahead of us that kept getting out of their seats and yelling out bad words. A cast member had to keep coming on the loundspeakers and remind everyone to stay seated at all times. We rode it again after that since we really didn't get to enjoy the ride the first time and there was no line!

Big Thunder Mountain was next with about a 5 minute wait. It was nice to do this ride in the dark. It gives a whole different feeling to the ride. I had never ridden it in the dark before at WDW so I had to try it at Disneyland! I wasn't able to do the goat trick on this second ride.

My boys were pretty worn out and pretty cold by this time so we took the Monorail back to the hotel and tucked them in for the night! Since we had adjoining rooms with my parents, my parents offered to keep an eye on them with the doors opened between the rooms and my husband and I were able to sneak away by ourselves for a while! Which was a real treat!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn
    That is SOOO not fair... you stopped... hahahah I love this trip report. Actually I am making notes for when we go in June. Thanks for posting this!
    she is a torturer, that one, she is!!!!

really enjoying this trip report - so with you stuck on RR with a four year old needing the potty

edited: she must have heard me talking about her torturous ways

Enjoying this immensely! Keep it coming!

BTW- What time of day did you ride the Pirates with no wait? Also, what time would you say that it was totally dark there? Wondering because we have never experienced the park in darkness and we were concerned that the 8pm closing time during our trip wouldn't allow us much time to enjoy it. I certainly believe that it won't be dark at all when DCA closes, which is a shame. Would love to ride Screamin and ToT at night!

Blue Ball Go Down The Hole

for what it's worth, you can get sunset information from weather.com. sunset for today for example is at 6:06 pm.

StitchKingdom.com - Home to the Disney Acronym Decoder, Definitive Guides to PhotoPass, Kidcot, Planet Watch and more
    Get a customized Refurb Schedule + Alerts with ReSearch!
    Follow on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lekta
    Enjoying this immensely! Keep it coming!

BTW- What time of day did you ride the Pirates with no wait? Also, what time would you say that it was totally dark there? Wondering because we have never experienced the park in darkness and we were concerned that the 8pm closing time during our trip wouldn't allow us much time to enjoy it. I certainly believe that it won't be dark at all when DCA closes, which is a shame. Would love to ride Screamin and ToT at night!
    The whole area around Pirates and Haunted Mansion was deserted from around 6:00 till about 6:40. It was dark by then. I'm not sure what time of the year you are going but it may be lighter for longer periods of time at night after Daylight Savings Time.

Eek! Last Day in the Parks

Off to our very last day ..............Friday!

We knew that the parks would be crowded on Friday as Disneyland was scheduled to open at 8:00 and stay open until midnight! We needed a more relaxed morning so we took our time and after a light breakfast in our room, we took the Monorail into Tomorrowland and arrived at about 8:15. There was no line at all for Buzz Lightyear so we went in there again and my husband did even better the second time........he improved his score by 25,000! I only improved mine by 2,000! LOL!

We went over to Autopia after Buzz where the wait was only about 15 minutes. It was nice to ride that again and I was on a different side then the first time! I really loved that ride and all of the nice details. As I said before, it puts the Tomorrowland Freeway to shame at WDW! Even my boys commented on how much nicer this version was!

We had to ride "It's A Small World Again" after Autopia! We were still dazzled by the front facade and all of the animal shaped bonsai trees!

The lines were still pretty short over at Splash Mountain (which had just reopened that day) so we decided to take a dip! I'm not sure about the new log flumes as it's been about 11 years since I last rode this (I was always either pregnant or sitting out with small children when we were at WDW) My husband, who has ridden it recently at WDW thought the log flumes were different at Disneyland and that may have been part of the refurbishment?

We rode the Casey Jr. Train after Splash. I had to sit in a zoo car........behind bars! Pretty funny! My husband kept making monkey sounds at me since he was in an open car! This ride is also unique to Disneyland and even though the appeal is for small children, I think I enjoyed it much more then my small children! The details are amazing! I spotted Cinderalla's coach turned back into a pumpkin coming down the road from the castle! I loved all of the miniature bonsai trees that were part of the scenes! I liked it so much that I had to do the Storybook Land Canal Boats when we were done with the train ride for a second view! The lines were not long at either of these Storybook attractions (but I had seen them much longer the two days before........I guess it was still pretty early) I really did enjoy both of these rides!

After my tour on the canal boats, it was off to the castle to explore the Snow White Fountain to the one side and the wishing well! Both of which are great picture spots! We took a ride on the fire engine back down Main Street so we could head back over to CA. My boys each received a sticker when the ride was done! This was a first for me! I have never taken a ride on a Main Street Transportation vehicle in all of my years of visiting Disney World! It was fun!

Back over to CA..............

Thanks for the vicarious thrills/magic. Keep it coming!

Wink Okay.......some more on the last day!

Back to California Adventure Again......

We were there shortly after it opened at 10:00 a.m. (It was nice to spend the time at Disneyland first and still be here when it first opened)

First things first............I HAD to ride Soarin' Over CA again!!! This time I was in the third row in the middle. I didn't like this location as much because I could see people's feet dangling in front of me. But I was able to notice some details in the film that had escaped me the first time. And YES, everything still smelled like PINE (even the oranges!)

After that, we headed over to Paradise Pier since we had not made it there the day before. My husband and the two older boys were quite excited at the chance to ride California Screamin'! (not me, you couldn't drag me on a ride that goes upside down unless you gave me some valium........and lots of it!) They picked up some Fast Pass tickets and we headed over to King Tritan's Carousel where they was no line! My four year old liked this so much, he had to ride it two times. By this time, my boys said they were hungry.

We ate lunch at Strips, Dips, and Chips. I hate to burst anyone's bubble about this place but the processed chicken in the strips was not too good. Their version of a carmel apple was pretty good. They cored a fresh apple and dumped carmel sauce on top of the slices. I shared this was my boys and it was a good and sticky treat!

It still wasn't time for Screamin' yet, so we headed over to Maliboomer. There was no line for this ride?? Only my 7 year old son had the guts to try this one! So we all watched him and I held my breath hoping that I wouldn't see a little kid go flying into the sky! Jumpin' Jellyfish was next. My four year old LOVED this ride. It did gave me a good view out over the park and it's nice and gentle. He thought it was a kiddie version of Maliboomer. Whatever......it made him happy!

When this was over, it was time for Screamin'. I had my camera out for a good picture. My youngest son enjoyed doing the countdown (right before you blast off) over and over and over and over again! I got a pretty good picture of the guys right before they took off. They informed me that it was a terrific ride. Not too short and not really that bumpy. Pretty smooth!

After Screamin', we headed over to a Bug's Life 3-D. This is the same as the one at the Animal Kingdom. It was another "first" for my Mom! You should have seen her jump out of her seat when she was STUNG! It was pretty funny!

We used our preferred seating at The Aladdin Show. Oh my goodness! What can I say about that awesome show??? I would pay the price of an admission ticket for the day JUST to see that show! It lasted about 53 minutes (even though it was advertised as being in the 40 minute range) The theater is really nice and we had good seats......front and center! First choice with our special seating! I don't want to say too much about this show in case there are people reading this thread who have never seen it. It is something that you MUST NOT miss! It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find enough adjectives to describe how much we all enjoyed this show! Don't miss out!!! If you have seen it, I think you will agree with me that there is no other show at any of the parks (at least in Orlando.....I haven't been to the oversea's Disney parks yet) that could begin to compare! (The Lion King Show in the Animal Kingdom is probably my second favorite)

It had started to drizzle and it was pretty cold by the time we left, so we headed over to the Animation Studio while my husband and my 7 year old went on Tower of Terror (they said that the MGM version is much better and that the ride moves from room to room there) I loved the Animation Studio! Even the movie about Walt which I have seen before. What was really fun was the Sorcerer's Workshop and the HUGE screens when you first come in. My children could have spent all day in the Workshop! We all did the character test.........I was most like BELLE (from Beauty and the Beast) Funny thing that my husband was most like BEAST! LOL! My oldest son was COGSWORTH (the clock from Beauty and the Beast) , my middle son was most like PETER PAN, and my youngest son was most like CAPTAIN HOOK! So it's Beauty and the Beast (of course I am the beauty and my husband is the beast!) and Peter Pan for us! I loved the holographic rose in the the library! My kid's enjoyed all of the interactive things to do! PLUS there were characters that you could see in the main lobby. I had my picture with a very HUNKY Hercules! All of the women were lined up to stand next to him. I wondered if maybe I could bring him home as a souvenir but alas.....my husband wasn't too keen on that idea!

And in my next post I will tell about a very special Disney moment that happened to my son in the Animation Building..........

And in my next post I will tell about a very special Disney moment that happened to my son in the Animation Building..........
    Don't keep us hanging!

A Magical Moment

My youngest son was very upset while we were in the Animation Building. He was laying on the ground and crying (he has a very mild form of Autism and sometimes he has these "fits") While he was down on the ground crying, MARY POPPINS came over to him. Right in "Character" she gently got down on her knees and helped him off the ground. She wiped away his tears and began talking to him in a very kind manner........just like Mary Poppins would do in the movie!!! She stayed with him for about 10 minutes until he had calmed down........

Here is the link to three photos I snapped! If they links don't work, I think you could copy and paste them in your browser.

A BIG THANK you to the cast member who was Mary that day.......or maybe it really was the REAL Mary?!

http://www.biblicalquality.com/AaronMary.jpg

http://www.biblicalquality.com/AaronMary2.jpg

http://www.biblicalquality.com/AaronMary3.jpg

This is better than reading a novel thank you so much for taking the time to write it. Cute pictures!!

Eek! And The End.........

Okay.........this post will finish up my First Disneyland trip story! I promise! LOL!

We had Priority Seating Reservations at Ariel's Grotto hosted by Captain Mickey at 4:40 for dinner. (I called too late and was given this rather early time slot) It was very windy, cool and drizzling a bit so we were all looking forward to this meal.

Although the food is nothing to write home about, they do give you three courses with a little bit of everything. My boys all enjoyed the Mickey Mouse Shaped Chicken nuggets that were served in a beach pail with fries on the bottom and the ketchup on the shovel! They also loved the cotton candy that came along with the dessert they ordered (they all had root beer floats) Lots of sugar to keep them going!

There were LOTS of characters in there for dinner. The characters and the games made this dinner well worth the inflated price! We saw Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Donald Duck (a big HIT with my youngest), Goofy, Max, and Pluto! I don't think I have ever seen as many characters at just one meal before. There was some crazy guy dressed up like a "Captain" who led the fun and games. They played the limbo, did some line dancing, danced with maracas YOU NAME IT! I was tempted to pretend I was a child so I could join in! Of course my 4 year can't stop singing "I don't want to be a duck........so shake your butt!" They were singing this while tickling Donald (FUNNY side note: My 7 year old announced that Donald Duck was a girl because he heard her laughing when they were tickling her!) This was a great way to end our time in the parks! I took TONS of pictures!!!!

I guess the light rain the cold weather drove people away from the park early so when we left the Grotto, Paradise Pier was empty. We could ride anything and everything with no waiting time at all! And so Screamin' got another turn (not for me though!) plus Maliboomer (only the 7 year old again), Mulholland Madness, Sun Wheel (awesome views in the dark!), Orange Stinger, the Golden Zephyr (had to ride this as I have a picture of my grandmother riding an attraction just like this years ago at an amusement park that no longer exists), and the Jumpin' Jellyfish (had to ride this THREE times with my four year old)

By this time we were frozen and Golden Dreams sounded good since they promised us that it was warm inside! I won't say too much about this...........except that with two History Majors (myself and my father) watching this movie about CA History...............you can imagine our comments! HA, HA! We did save the comments until after we left the show!

My children were ready for bed and so were my parents so we went back to the hotel. I was also pretty tired and I could see the crowds heading back into the parks as we were leaving (the rain had stopped by then) We decided not to go back in as the boys wanted to go to bed.

We did get one last MAGICAL Surprise on our very last night...........

Our room offered a FANTASTIC VIEW of the FIREWORKS Show at 9:30. We opened our doors and could even hear the soundtrack loud and clear! What a treat that was!!!! And a nice way to end our time at Disneyland!

I felt like crying when it was time to move onto to the next portion of our trip!

Soooooooooooooooooooooo Our thoughts on Disneyland! We will RETURN Or in the words of your "infamous" governor I'LL BE BACK!

Thank you for the wonderful trip report. I was on pins and needles waiting for each post.

ˇpermanecer sentados, por favor!

I'm glad you guys had such a good time! I'm always a little vicariously nervous when WDW fans visit DL for the first time.

My 5 year old could go on JJ all day long too. I can't count how many times I've been on that ride. Now I have an urge to see Alladin again, I haven't seen it since the AP previews!

That's Dr. Earkid to you ;)

Wonderfully detailed trip report!! It was fun hearing your point of view as a first timer to DL, but a WDW veteran. I'm really impressed with your 7 yr old going on Mailiboomer ALONE. I'm glad you had a good time and felt DL was worth the trip.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for such a wonderfully detailed report on your visit. I'm thrilled to hear how much you loved the original after visiting her sister in Florida. I will miss my little emails saying you've posted again...It's been a treat!

What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding? - Elvis Costello